Windows 10: Win 10 Pro 64 1809 to 1903 update stuck in endless install loop

Discus and support Win 10 Pro 64 1809 to 1903 update stuck in endless install loop in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Being in the slow ring, 1903 turned up on checking via Windows Update. I fresh installed 1809 a few months ago, don't particularly want to do that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by VinceS, May 1, 2019.

1. VinceS Win User

Win 10 Pro 64 1809 to 1903 update stuck in endless install loop

Being in the slow ring, 1903 turned up on checking via Windows Update. I fresh installed 1809 a few months ago, don't particularly want to do that again with all the settings and software to sort. Have now installed 1903 at least 6 times, allegedly! Tried a basic stop and start of the relevant services and deleted the Catroot2 and SoftwareDistribution folders, reboot. Same deal (that was try 5).

You would think Reset Windows Update in Windows 10 | Tutorials would fix it, but I ran the batch file, rebooted and WU gets same result. On restart, it counts up to 60% before doing the restart. No errors reported yet there it is, on 1809 with a check on WU finding a new Update so it busily gets about downloading it, whether I have reset Windows Update or not. So it will then install this lovely newly baked version, grinding away for an hour or so to do that before asking for a reboot, doing that, and hello ground-hog day...!

SFC reports no violations. Windows Update Troubleshooter finds no problems. But wait, I have just run it for what would be the 4th time now (first time after running destructo-bat) and it found "Some security settings are missing or have been changed" and "Service registration is missing or corrupt", both of which it claims to have fixed. Ran SFC again, to be sure. Still good.

So, really, I shouldn't post this topic until I have gone round the the hurdie-gurdie one more time, one more time, one more time. But there is clearly a problem here and I won't be alone. So let's get some tracking of it. I'll come back and report...*Rolleyes

PS: The WU Troubleshooter output (some could be because it is currently 34% through installing):

IsPostback_RC_PendingUpdates
    IsPostback: False

InformationalIsPostback_RC_PendingUpdates
    IsPostback: True

InformationalService Status
    Problem with BITS service : The requested service has already been started. More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2182.

InformationalService Status
    Problem with BITS service : The requested service has already been started. More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2182.

:)

VinceS, May 1, 2019
  2. Arbean Win User

Tablet stuck in loop (at 64%) during windows 10 update.

My tablet has become stuck in an endless loop at 64% updated. Any idea how to resolve this problem?

Arbean, May 1, 2019
  3. Sharief K Win User
    Windows 10 endless loop reboot

Hi,

• Have you checked if the hard disk is set as first boot device in the BIOS?
    • Which version of Windows is installed on the computer?
    • What did the HP supported suggested you to fix the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the following article and check if it helps.

Windows 10 endless loop reboot

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the more information about the interaction with HP support and the outcome of the issue.

Sharief K, May 1, 2019
  4. Win 10 Pro 64 1809 to 1903 update stuck in endless install loop

Windows 10 Install Stuck at 64% Boot Loop

Hi Ian,

Windows 10 installation stuck at 64% after a couple of hours can be due to poor internet connection or outdated drivers.
    To resolve this, we recommend performing the suggestions posted by Andre Da Costa
    in this thread regarding the same concern. We also
    suggest checking the troubleshooting steps in this article regarding
    common setup and stop errors during Windows 10 installation.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, May 1, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 Pro 64 1809 to 1903 update stuck in endless install loop

1. Win 10 Pro 64 1809 to 1903 update stuck in endless install loop - Similar Threads - Pro 1809 1903

2. Computer stuck on endless loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer stuck on endless loop: I was updating windows 10But i got the we couldn't complete update reverting changes errorAfter 2-3 hoursI restarted my pc and now it is stuck in endless loopmeaning that it starts normally when a manufactuer logo appears it will go black screen then an loading circle appears...
  3. Stuck in endless bios loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in endless bios loop: Hi people, so I recently just built my new computer. I am using an old hard drive and gpu. Whenever I turn on the pc it takes me to bios and then I do not get a “bootable” device in the bios. If I save and exit I’m stuck in an endless loop of constantly being taken back to...
  4. Stuck in endless bios loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in endless bios loop: Hi people, so I recently just built my new computer. I am using an old hard drive and gpu. Whenever I turn on the pc it takes me to bios and then I do not get a “bootable” device in the bios. If I save and exit I’m stuck in an endless loop of constantly being taken back to...
  5. Stuck in endless bios loop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Endless restart Loop - win 10 will not update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Endless restart Loop - win 10 will not update: exact steps to install the update manually?Edition Windows 10 ProVersion 20H2Installed on ‎8/‎16/‎2020OS build 19042.867Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0...
  7. Stuck in an endless boot loop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck in an endless boot loop.: Yesterday, instead of booting up, my computer got stuck in an endless boot loop. Everytime I try to boot it up, it shows this for a couple of seconds (sorry for blurry image, had to be quick.) Then, it restarts. After a couple of restarts, it goes into the "repair" screen....
  8. I'm stuck in an endless loop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm stuck in an endless loop: So, my PC kept blue screening and I tried to reload it to an old backup but, it wouldn't work. So, I did a factory reset and completely cleared everything. I'm now stuck at the "why did my PC restart?" screen. Everytime I press next it says "just a moment" and then brings me...
  9. Windows 10 stuck in 64% installing loop

Windows 10 stuck in 64% installing loop: So my laptop was running slow so i said let me factory reset it and clean all the drives . I did it and it stucked at 64% installing windows 10 its been 3 days and its still stucked at 64%. A blue screen saying windows installing 64% keeps popping up then it goes to the...
  10. Windows 10 stuck in endless update loop

Windows 10 stuck in endless update loop: Hi, I've had this issue for probably close to a year now. I've been hoping eventually one of the updates will fix the issue, but it never does. And what used to just happen once a month or so then became once a week, and now multiple times a day. If I'm not around to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Mail at abc@microsoft.comabout:blank

2. win10 pro update to 1903

3. microsoft.comabout:blank

4. dell precision5530 update 1903 reboot problem,
  5. IsPostback_RC_PendingUpdates,
  6. microsoft.comabout:blank,
  7. windows 10 update 1903 stuck at 64%,
  8. win 1903 loob install kb451721,
  9. ispostback_rc_pending updates false,
  10. windows update 1903 goes blank after 30%,
  11. pc loops after 1903 install,