Windows 10: Win 10 Pro Hyper V Enhanced session Greyed out no sound for VM

Discus and support Win 10 Pro Hyper V Enhanced session Greyed out no sound for VM in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I installed window Vista using the tutorials I found here for Hyper V on Window Pro 10 . When adding Enhanced Session it is greyed. I tried using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by msmokeky, May 28, 2020.

1. msmokeky Win User

Win 10 Pro Hyper V Enhanced session Greyed out no sound for VM

I installed window Vista using the tutorials I found here for Hyper V on Window Pro 10 .
    When adding Enhanced Session it is greyed.
    I tried using Power Shall With Admin permission and typed : Get-VMHost | fl -Property EnableEnhancedSessionMode

This is what I got back : EnableEnhancedSessionMode : True
    I am running Win 10 PRO Version 1903 OS build 18362.836

Installed Vista and Win 7 PRO VM

Thanks

:)

msmokeky, May 28, 2020
  2. msmokeky Win User

I installed window Vista using the tutorials I found here for Hyper V on Window Pro 10 .
    When adding Enhanced Session it is greyed.
    I tried using Power Shall With Admin permission and typed : Get-VMHost | fl -Property EnableEnhancedSessionMode

This is what I got back : EnableEnhancedSessionMode : True
    I am running Win 10 PRO Version 1903 OS build 18362.836

Installed Vista and Win 7 PRO VM

Thanks

msmokeky, May 28, 2020
  3. Paul Black, May 28, 2020
  4. Dave M Win User

Issues enabling Enhanced Session on 10 Pro VM

Hello guys!

This is my first post here, so go easy on me Win 10 Pro Hyper V Enhanced session Greyed out no sound for VM :)

I have been racking my brain, and have done search after search on how to solve my issue, but I have come to no suitable solution as of yet. I've seen that folks have been able to solve the problem, but no description as to what they did to solve it. It's almost like it just magically starts working Win 10 Pro Hyper V Enhanced session Greyed out no sound for VM :) I've had no such luck as of this writing.

Here is the problem:

I am attempting to install Windows 10 Pro x64 build 14393 on a Hyper-V Host which is running the same OS.

I have created the VM with no issues and installed with no issues. I can not for the life of me find out why I can not enable the features of enhanced session to be able to connect external drives, USB sticks, enable audio and enhanced graphics, etc.

So far the steps I have taken include:

1) VM created as Generation 2
    2) Verified "Allow enhanced session mode" is checked in Hyper-V Enhanced Session Mode Policy server settings
    3) Verified "Use enhanced session mode" is checked in Hyper-V Enhanced Session Mode user settings
    4) Verified all integration services are checked under the VM settings
    5) Verified Remote Desktop Services service is running on VM

Perhaps there is something I am missing? At this point, when I connect to the VM there is no ability to connect to local resources. Additionally, the "Enhanced session" option under the View menu on the VM is greyed out.

Any assistance in getting this resolved would be greatly appreciated!

Dave M, May 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Win 10 Pro Hyper V Enhanced session Greyed out no sound for VM - Similar Threads - Pro Hyper Enhanced

2. Cannot Use 'Enhanced Session' on Win11 Pro Hyper-V VM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Use 'Enhanced Session' on Win11 Pro Hyper-V VM: I tried to use 'Enhanced Session' via Remote Desktop, but it is still not successful. Even though I configured to enable 'Remote Desktop' on the guest operating system, but it is still not successful. I also enabled Enhanced Session Modes below.Host: Win11 Pro Hyper-VGuest:...
  3. Cannot Use 'Enhanced Session' on Win11 Pro Hyper-V VM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Use 'Enhanced Session' on Win11 Pro Hyper-V VM: I tried to use 'Enhanced Session' via Remote Desktop, but it is still not successful. Even though I configured to enable 'Remote Desktop' on the guest operating system, but it is still not successful. I also enabled Enhanced Session Modes below.Host: Win11 Pro Hyper-VGuest:...
  4. Hyper-V's enhance session does not work.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hyper-V's enhance session does not work.: Hello, I use Hyper-V on Windows 10 education version 1909. All enhance session parts in Hyper-V setting are enabled. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] but the icon of enhance session in connection's window does not appear. I want to use the sound device in my VM with this,...
  5. Hyper V Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper V Greyed Out: Hey guys. I wanted to create a virtual PC on my computer and learned that Windows 10 has Hyper V. So I went to windows features and activated it. It can install the Hyper-V tools but the Hyper-V platform and services are greyed out. I've read that it dosen't work on Windows...
  6. Win 10 Pro Hyper V Enhanced session Greyed out no sound for VM

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Pro Hyper V Enhanced session Greyed out no sound for VM: I installed window Vista using the tutorials I found here for Hyper V on Window Pro 10 . When adding Enhanced Session it is greyed. I tried using Power Shall With Admin permission and typed : Get-VMHost | fl -Property EnableEnhancedSessionMode This is what I got back :...
  7. Display configuration on enhanced session Hyper V

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display configuration on enhanced session Hyper V: I have enabled the Enhanced session on the Hyper-V manager and the Guest services in the integration services. The below screen shows up once i reboot the server but i forgot to press show option to enable PNP. Is there a way to open the below screen again please....
  8. Hyper-V in Windows 10 1709 FCU, enhanced session not working?

Hyper-V in Windows 10 1709 FCU, enhanced session not working?: I have a fresh install of Windows 10 1709 Education N, and using the same image I made a Gen2 VM in Hyper-V. I thought something was off and then I noticed that enhanced mode wasn't on at all, and it is greyed out in the menu. It is enabled in Hyper-V settings. I only found...
  9. Hyper-V VM has no sound

Hyper-V VM has no sound: This is my first attempt at using Hyper-V. Installation in my Win 10 Pro worked well right up until I tried using the virtual machines sound. No sound device reported. I opened device manager the only option I could see was Audio inputs and outputs. Expanding and a device...
  10. Local Resources not showing for Win 10 Pro Hyper-V VM

Local Resources not showing for Win 10 Pro Hyper-V VM: Hey- I've been troubleshooting this for ages, and am getting no-where fast! *Mad I'm basically trying to get a webcam to be available in the Windows 10 Pro Gen2 VM using Hyper-V. My host is Windows 10 Pro (on the same PC). I've read that I need to use RDP to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hyperv enhanced session grayed