Windows 10: Win 10 repair install

Discus and support Win 10 repair install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Since upgrading from Win 7/64 to win 10/64 am getting startup issues such as "page faults". Device manager is fine, hdd is fine, ram is fine, however... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by robmar0se, Aug 30, 2016.

1. robmar0se Win User

Win 10 repair install

Since upgrading from Win 7/64 to win 10/64 am getting startup issues such as "page faults". Device manager is fine, hdd is fine, ram is fine, however sfc shows rasman.dll errors. Have tried re-registering the file without success.

So I was wondering how does one do a repair install if (as most of us) have installed win 10 from the free Win 10 download - ie one has no media from which to run the repair install?

Is there a download site for win 10?

Note in our case we have the original Win 7/64 disk and coa - we don;t have uefi bios.

Gigabyte GA-H55M-S2V/i3: avira av, office 2007

Many thanks

:)

robmar0se, Aug 30, 2016

2. in never ending repair loop with win 10 have ms win 8 install disk but repair loop insist on overriding

in never ending repair loop with win 10 have ms win 8 install disk but repair loop insist on overriding

RowlandStevens, Aug 30, 2016
  3. ahahahaaa Win User
    How to roll back from automatic repair?

Thanks!

If I repair install win 10, all my old files are intact? I donot want my files are gone after the installation...

And can I still move back to win 8.1 after this repair installation?

ahahahaaa, Aug 30, 2016
  4. Bastet Win User

Win 10 repair install

I do it via the Media Creation Tool, just choose 'upgrade this PC'.

Bastet, Aug 30, 2016
  5. Kbird Win User
    Kbird, Aug 31, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    My notes and observations on in-place upgrade repair installs:
    Precede it with this in case sthg has happened to your file system:

From an admin command prompt
    [Windows key + X, click command prompt (admin)]
    chkdsk C: /F
    Your PC will need to restart.
    Make sure the result is clear or fixed.
    Post back the result, which you can get after a restart as follows:
    How do I see the results of a CHKDSK that ran on boot? - Ask Leo!

An In-place upgrade repair install will fix many things, but not those where the settings are not changed by the procedure.

For this you need an installation medium with the same base build as you have installed.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums

This will refresh Windows, after the manner of a Windows installation.
    - all/most associations will be unchanged
    - all your programs will be left installed
    - you will lose any custom fonts
    - you will lose any customised system icons
    - you may need to re-establish your Wi-Fi connection
    - you will need to redo Windows updates subsequent to the build you have used for the repair install
    - Windows.old will be created
    - system restore will be turned off- you should turn it on again and I recommend you manually schedule a daily restore point.
    - you will need to redo any language downloads including the display language if you changed that)
    - inactive title bar colouring (if used) will be reset to default
    - if Qttabbar is installed, you need to re-enable it in explorer (Options, check Qttabbar)
    This is one of the better features of Win10: as each major build comes out, that's your updated reference build, and as updates are mostly cumulative, there will be few to do.

Recommendation:
    Before you perform this major repair procedure, do create a disk image.

Please consider using disk imaging regularly. It's a brilliant way to
    - preserve your system (and your sanity)
    - back up your data
    - restore your system to a previously working state in a relatively short time

Recommended: Macrium Reflect (free/commercial) + boot disk/device + large enough external storage medium.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 repair install

1. Win 10 repair install - Similar Threads - repair install

2. Error 0xC1900101-0x2000D when attempting to repair install Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error 0xC1900101-0x2000D when attempting to repair install Windows 10 Pro: Hi,Since a few months I had my PC randomly rebooting from time to time something akin 1 time over 10 days of usage but I didn't pay much attention to it until today when the system started hanging during boot sometimes stuck at Asus loading screen since my mobo is an Asus one...
  3. Error 0xC1900101-0x2000D when attempting to repair install Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0xC1900101-0x2000D when attempting to repair install Windows 10 Pro: Hi,Since a few months I had my PC randomly rebooting from time to time something akin 1 time over 10 days of usage but I didn't pay much attention to it until today when the system started hanging during boot sometimes stuck at Asus loading screen since my mobo is an Asus one...
  4. Error 0xC1900101-0x2000D when attempting to repair install Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Win 10 repair through re-install with media creation tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 repair through re-install with media creation tool: About two weeks ago I accidently erased MBR and BCD and other things. I now have Windows 10 up and running but it is not stable. The suggested cure is to download media creation tool MCT, run it, answer all the questions and problem is solved. I have a persistent error after...
  6. Win 10 repair through re-install with media creation tool

Win 10 repair through re-install with media creation tool: About two weeks ago I accidently erased MBR and BCD and other things. I now have Windows 10 up and running but it is not stable. The suggested cure is to download media creation tool MCT, run it, answer all the questions and problem is solved. I have a persistent error after...
  7. Win 10 repair through re-install with media creation tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Setting Specify settings for optional component installation and component repair through...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting Specify settings for optional component installation and component repair through...: I am trying to set the value of this local policy to "Enabled" and as well "Download repair content and optional features directly from Windows Update instead of Windows Server Update Services WSUS". The target is to set these values through the PowerShell Failed Trials I...
  9. Setting Specify settings for optional component installation and component repair through...

Setting Specify settings for optional component installation and component repair through...: I am trying to set the value of this local policy to "Enabled" and as well "Download repair content and optional features directly from Windows Update instead of Windows Server Update Services WSUS". The target is to set these values through the PowerShell Failed Trials I...
  10. Windows Update after repair install of Windows 10 Pro

Windows Update after repair install of Windows 10 Pro: I have done a repair install of Win10 Pro to try to address a recurring BSOD problem.I have started the update process to catch the operating system up to current. I've been doing "Restart and update" for about five hours now.When I try to look at Windows Update to see where...