Windows 10: Win 10 Taskbar - multiple displays - why different icons

Discus and support Win 10 Taskbar - multiple displays - why different icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I am using Windows 10 with multiple displays. I have "Show taskbar on all displays" On and "Show taskbar buttons on All taskbars" and "Never... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by avoranD, Oct 22, 2018.

1. avoranD Win User

Win 10 Taskbar - multiple displays - why different icons

Hello,

I am using Windows 10 with multiple displays. I have "Show taskbar on all displays" On and "Show taskbar buttons on All taskbars" and "Never combine buttons on all taskbars".

For some reason, the buttons on the main display are small size (icons only) and the buttons on the secondary display are large size (program names, full date, etc.). I would like them all to be small size, but don't see any settings to change this with. Until recently everything was fine, but then something apparently "updated" all by itself.

Both monitors are identical, although one (the secondary display) is connected directly by HDMI and the other (the main display) by HDMI via a docking station.

Thanks!

:)

avoranD, Oct 22, 2018

2. Multiple display taskbar

Hi Justin,

Let me guide you now on how to set up multiple displays on a Windows 10 computer. You may follow the steps below to configure the correct display settings for your device.

Here are the steps:

• Right-click on your desktop.
    • Select Display settings, then different options will be displayed.
    • You can either choose Duplicate these displays to sync your activities from the original monitor with the second one or
      Extend these displays to be able to do multiple activities using separate displays.
    • After choosing your preferred option, click on Apply.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Engelsen Fad, Oct 22, 2018
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Oct 22, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

multiple display -taskbar and icons

Hello Jim, Win 10 Taskbar - multiple displays - why different icons :)

The system icons will show on the taskbar of the main display by default in Windows 10.

If you wanted each display to be "extended" to show separately, then you could either change which display is the main display, or unlock the taskbar and drag and drop the main taskbar with system icons to the display you want without it changing the main display.

Another option is to set your displays to "duplicate" (Settings -> System -> Display) to have both show the same thing.

Brink, Oct 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 Taskbar - multiple displays - why different icons - Similar Threads - Taskbar multiple displays

2. taskbar icons disappear when i'm on multiple displays.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskbar icons disappear when i'm on multiple displays.: I can only see half of the icons and half of them are missing on my main monitorlaptop but when I open from secondary monitor, I can see those missing icons back on my screen. Is this a bug?...
  3. taskbar icons disappear when i'm on multiple displays.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    taskbar icons disappear when i'm on multiple displays.: I can only see half of the icons and half of them are missing on my main monitorlaptop but when I open from secondary monitor, I can see those missing icons back on my screen. Is this a bug?...
  4. show language icon on taskbar on all displays under “Multiple displays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    show language icon on taskbar on all displays under “Multiple displays: Hi I have windows 10 and using two display screens.Although in the setting, I have on the taskbar "show all displays", still for some reason, the language icon of the taskbar, is shown only on one screen and not on the second screen. How can I fix this? Thanks in advance....
  5. Multiple Display Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple Display Taskbar: I have this problem where it won't let me turn on taskbar for multiple displays, I have searched for a way to fix this, but I have not found anything. I have also tried using display fusion, but you need to pay for pro to get the multiple monitor taskbar....
  6. Why my taskbar icon is different?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why my taskbar icon is different?: Why my icon on taskbar is showing up like that instead of showing me the setting icon? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-taskbar-icon-is-different/2ff8c562-673c-48c1-ba7e-2527da0cf413
  7. Taskbars on Multiple Displays

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbars on Multiple Displays: One thing that has always annoyed me with Windows 10 is the way that if you have two or more displays, the taskbar on the secondary displays is not the same as the primary display. On secondary displays you are not allowed to add Toolbars to the taskbar. This is a real pain...
  8. taskbars on multiple displays

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    taskbars on multiple displays: i just decided to hook up my old 4:3 display up to my laptop and since i decided to line them up better by putting the 4:3 above the original display and my setup is jank as hell so i can't raise it higher, the taskbar is blocked by the bottom display, so i was wondering if...
  9. Taskbar and multiple displays.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar and multiple displays.: I have three monitors and I have no problem duplicating the main taskbar on all of them. The problem is, I am using the "quick launch" toolbar. Unfortunately, it does not appear on secondary monitors and there is no option to add a toolbar. The popup menu is not the same and...
  10. multiple display -taskbar and icons

in Windows 10 Support
    multiple display -taskbar and icons: This is hopefully a quick fix. I have my laptop hooked up to a projector. My icons appear on the laptop but the taskbar options (volume, notifications, battery etc) appear on the projector. Using the display settings I can swap the screens but I cannot get the icons to...