Windows 10: Win 10 Update Database Corruption

Discus and support Win 10 Update Database Corruption in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; When I run the Windows Update Troubleshooter it says the Windows Update Database is corrupted. How can I fix this? Advice would be appreciated. 101195 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by royw, Dec 27, 2017.

1. royw Win User

Win 10 Update Database Corruption

When I run the Windows Update Troubleshooter it says the Windows Update Database is corrupted. How can I fix this?

Advice would be appreciated.

:)

2. Romip Win User

How do I fix the following problem on Windows 10 - Windows update Database error 0x80070490?

will this method also work to repair/ recreate a corrupted windows update database?

my win 10 pro machine fails to update and the trouble-shooter is reporting that the database is corrupted but its unable to repair it.

I'm not getting the0x80070490 error but as the database is corrupted id like to repair or rebuild it so that I can keep my machine updated.

Romip, Dec 27, 2017
  3. Windows 10 update database corruption

The Windows 10 Update is abending resulting a restore the previous version of the software.

MarkSimones, Dec 27, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Dec 27, 2017
  5. royw Win User
    Brink, thank you sincerely for the bat download. I ran it as an administrator, it completed successfully, and I restarted. However, I now have a different problem. Prior to using the bat file I had over 50 attempts to install Insider Preview Build 17063. (I am currently on Build 17046). It completed installation, and configuring the update completed, but working on the update only reached 75% and then my PC was restored to Build 17046. I have just checked for updates 3 times and I am told no updates are available. How do I get the update to Build 17063.

Again, your advice would be appreciated.

6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Dec 27, 2017
  7. royw Win User
    I checked for updates again, and was told there were problems "downloading some updates" so I ran the update troubleshooter and it fixed some issues but mentioned "potential update database corruption" which was not fixed. I checked for updates again, and currently Build 17063 is being prepared for installation. I am not hopeful that it will install but will let you know what happens.

8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Before you restart for the update, see if you may be able to create an ISO for 17063 using the tutorial I posted above.

This way you could use the ISO to create a bootable USB with if you should need to clean install to 17063.

Brink, Dec 27, 2017
  9. royw Win User
    Brink thanks, I downloaded the UUP to ISO file to the folder you mentioned, but when I double clicked on it nothing happened. (I had unblocked the file before trying to open it). What do I do now?

10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Did you disable UAC?

You should have gotten a UAC prompt when you opened the "UUPtoISO_Setup.exe" file.

As a test, right click on the file and click on "Run as administrator" to see if that may run it for you.

Brink, Dec 27, 2017
  11. royw Win User
    Brink, I had set UAC to never notify. I did right click the file and selected run as administrator but it didn't open. HELP!!

12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Set UAC back to its default setting to see if that may help.

Brink, Dec 27, 2017
  13. royw Win User

Brink, the update to Build 17063 is awaiting restart. Should I wait for your reply to post #9?

14. royw Win User
    Brink, I didn't see your post #10 until after I had sent post #11. I will now set UAC back to its default setting.

15. royw Win User
    Brink, the UUP file still won't open.

Thema:

1. Win 10 Update Database Corruption - Similar Threads - Update Database Corruption

2. Configuration Database is Corrupt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Configuration Database is Corrupt: For a long time, the windows10 Update has given me the same ERROR 0x800703f1.I've tried DISM scans and they dont work because all they say is [== 3.8% ] Error: 1009 The configuration registry database is corrupt. The DISM log file can be found at...
  3. Configuration Database is Corrupt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Configuration Database is Corrupt: For a long time, the windows10 Update has given me the same ERROR 0x800703f1.I've tried DISM scans and they dont work because all they say is [== 3.8% ] Error: 1009 The configuration registry database is corrupt. The DISM log file can be found at...
  4. Windows update database corruption

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update database corruption: Hello, the most recent windows update 21H1 has released according to the update assistant. I tried installing it through the settings windows update page, where it says an update is available however this one is update 1808 I believe. Regardless it would download and install...
  5. Registry database corrupted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Registry database corrupted: So i uninstalled my nvidia drivers as i was having issues with shadowplay and attempted to reinstall them, reinstall was unsuccessful so i tried an auto install of my graphics driver from device manager where it gave me the error that the registry database is corrupted....
  6. Windows 10 Update Database Corrupted, Windows 10 Update Database Error (edited)

Windows 10 Update Database Corrupted, Windows 10 Update Database Error (edited): I need help. I first noticed issues when my computer grinded to a halt one night and so I pressed restart. My laptop was stuck on the screen that read ”Getting Windows ready. Don’t turn off your computer” So I took out the battery, put it back in and turned the power on....
  7. registry database corrupt

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    registry database corrupt: I recently came home and my computer was not responding to any mouse or keyboard clicks, so I unplugged it and restarted it. Apparently there was an update in progress and where it formerly recognized two monitors it now only recognizes one. It uses the generic Windows...
  8. Corrupt Registry Database

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Corrupt Registry Database: Hello everyone. I am having this problem where i can't access my files like microsoftword. It says The configuration registry database is corrupt. Please refer to the picture below... Please help me with this. I don't know what to do. [IMG]...
  9. Database corrupt

Database corrupt: ran the trouble shooter for win10 update fixed all errors except for POSSIBLE DATABASE CORRUPTION.... how do i fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/database-corrupt/8570f70f-0242-4d36-96dd-281e75aa9e91
  10. updates not downloading, corrupt database

updates not downloading, corrupt database: tried over and over to fix corrupt, update database. troubleshooter fixes it and later it's not fixed. Troubleshooter say you have updates, but when checking for any updates , it says you are up to date. how can the database be fixed completely through the system or is there...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. repair windows update database corruption loc:US