Windows 10: Win Home 10 does not show login/sign in screen after boot or reboot

Discus and support Win Home 10 does not show login/sign in screen after boot or reboot in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 Home on my laptop. I have created Local Accounts by going to Start > netplwiz and creating some users. Most of the users do not have... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by addverma, Oct 10, 2016.

1. addverma Win User

Win Home 10 does not show login/sign in screen after boot or reboot

I have Windows 10 Home on my laptop. I have created Local Accounts by going to Start > netplwiz and creating some users. Most of the users do not have a Password and are not Administrators. I have also checked the option "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer". Now the problem is that after a reboot/restart or a boot (i.e. Shutdown and then Power On) the last user that was logged gets automatically logged in. So if User A was last using the laptop, he Shutdowns the laptop and then User B starts the Laptop, the OS directly logs into the User A's account. User B has to log out and then log in as User B. This is contrast to what used to happen with Windows 7/Vista/XP.

Please note that this is a fresh Windows 10 laptop and is not an upgrade from Windows 7/8/8.1.

Can you please suggest me how I will be able to get all the users listed on the Login screen at the time of reboot or boot (i.e. Shutdown and then Power On)? The user has to select his ID and then login. Rather the last user login should not happen automatically.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    --------------------------
    Enjoy your day

:)

addverma, Oct 10, 2016

2. Windows 10 Spotlight black screen

I have the same issue on my work system (Surface Pro 4, Windows 10 Enterprise, anniversary update) and my home systems - Toshiba laptop and MSI Nightblade - both shipped with Windows 10 Home.

The laptop had issues with Spotlight before the anniversary upgrade, so it may not be a good test case. However the work system and my desktop at home worked fine before the anniversary upgrade.

The behavior of my Surface Pro 4 (Win 10 Enterprise) is the lock screen is black with the "like what you see?" hotspot active.

Hitting a key, takes me to the login screen, where the Spotlight image DOES display. It updates and changes about once per day.

The above behavior is with the "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" option "on".

If I turn the "Show lock screen..." option off, the behavior reverses. That is, the lock screen had the image (and the hotspot) while the login screen displays only the blue background and sign-in dialog box.

My home systems (Win 10 Home, anniversary update) display the same behavior.

I really like having the Spotlight image on both the lock screen and the sign-in screen.

Hopefully, you can help.

Steve

SteveSaunders56, Oct 10, 2016
  3. Laptop Restarts itself

Hi,

I changed my boot setting to quick boot. The windows does not boot properly as it shows the windows sign and then a black screen appears and after a few seconds it reboots. It keeps rebooting continuously. How do I change my boot settings to disable quick
    boot.?

RamanDikshant, Oct 10, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

Hi Addverma, welcome to Ten Forums.

The easiest way is to add passwords to all user accounts. If Windows is shut down or restarted from desktop of a local user who has no password, by default Windows will sign this user in when started next time.

Adding password to all users prevents automatic sign-in of last user.

Another option is to not display usernames in sign-in screen as told in this tutorial: Sign in Screen - Do Not Display User Name in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Notice that Option One in above mentioned tutorial does not work for you because you cannot edit policies in Windows 10 Home. The registry method, Option Two should work in Home Edition, too.

When method in tutorial is used, Windows will not show usernames. All users must enter their username manually, as well as possible password:

Win Home 10 does not show login/sign in screen after boot or reboot [​IMG]

5. addverma Win User
    Kari, you are right providing a password to each users does what I want, i.e. shows the list of users who have logged in at the time or reboot or cold boot. I will try the second option today and let you know.

addverma, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Win Home 10 does not show login/sign in screen after boot or reboot - Similar Threads - Home does show

2. show all users windows 10 HOME login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    show all users windows 10 HOME login screen: I have Windows 10 HOME edition. I want to show all users at logon. Please assist Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/show-all-users-windows-10-home-login-screen/966a4e5d-d930-4e9c-a884-d20bdf4d38a8
  3. show all users windows 10 HOME login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    show all users windows 10 HOME login screen: I have Windows 10 HOME edition. I want to show all users at logon. Please assist Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/show-all-users-windows-10-home-login-screen/966a4e5d-d930-4e9c-a884-d20bdf4d38a8
  4. Win 10 home reboots by itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 home reboots by itself: Hi,I am so sick and tired of having my home computer asking to update something, even if I refuse, I leave for 30', yet when I get back my pc is rebooting- the updates cannot be done for some reason so it rolls back and reboot like 10 times- it is a HOME PC, MY COMPUTER !! I...
  5. Win 10 home reboots by itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 home reboots by itself: Hi,I am so sick and tired of having my home computer asking to update something, even if I refuse, I leave for 30', yet when I get back my pc is rebooting- the updates cannot be done for some reason so it rolls back and reboot like 10 times- it is a HOME PC, MY COMPUTER !! I...
  6. Win 10 home reboots by itself

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows 10 Sign-in Option Not Showing On login In Screen.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Sign-in Option Not Showing On login In Screen.: Hello, I was resetting my computer and with that, I added a pin to make it faster for me to sign in, but now there is no sign in options button like there was on my old build. Its not something I am worried about its just I want to know why....
  8. How to boot to win 10 no picture and no sign screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to boot to win 10 no picture and no sign screen: How to boot to win 10 no picture and no sign screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-boot-to-win-10-no-picture-and-no-sign/57c76838-80d7-4a70-a88e-3140713b24aa
  9. No sound after Win 10 Home reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No sound after Win 10 Home reboot: HP Desktop processor: ADM A-10-5700 APU with Radeon (tm) HD Graphics 3.40GHz The speakers were working fine before I did a complete back to basic reboot of Win 10. (I did the reboot because I was getting a blue screen several times a day that pop up says "Kernel mode trap"...
  10. Win 10 does not boot after update

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 does not boot after update: Hi, My PC (win 10 pro 64bit) never boots after any update. I just see a black screen with those little white dots rotating on the lower half of the screen and they do that for hours. That nonsense started with the anniversary update a month or so ago. I have to turn the PC...