Windows 10: Win10 Defender anti-virus disabled

Discus and support Win10 Defender anti-virus disabled in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a fully updated Windows 10 laptop that had no less than 4 anti-virus programs on it and numerous other "junk". Even after a complete cleanup... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LaPharyllBaffield, May 23, 2019.

1. Win10 Defender anti-virus disabled

I have a fully updated Windows 10 laptop that had no less than 4 anti-virus programs on it and numerous other "junk". Even after a complete cleanup via programs uninstall, my Defender anti-virus will not turn on even though all the other Defender functions have a green checkmark indicating that they are working. The message is that Defender is controlled through my organization.

This is a stand-alone laptop that is NOT on a domain. There is no "organization" to which it answers, just me. Any suggestions?

:)

LaPharyllBaffield, May 23, 2019

2. Is Windows Defender the only anti virus program I need?

Clarification, please.

Note that this is a Win10-specific thread.

Are you suggesting that Defender in Win10 (and Win8) does not include an anti-virus component or are you suggesting that Defender in Win10 (and Win8) does not provide sufficient (adequate; comprehensive) protection?

PA Bear - MS MVP, May 23, 2019
  3. Anti Virus Problems

You should not be using more than one anti-vrus program on your computer. Read the
    IMPORTANT NOTE about not using more than one anti-virus program in this

topic

The inability to turn on Windows Defender 8/10 is typically the result of having a third-party anti-virus installed or failure to remove it properly (completely). Since Windows 8/10 Defender includes anti-virus protection, it is
    disabled during the installation of another anti-virus program. If a trial anti-virus (i.e. McAfee, Norton, etc) came
    preinstalled on your computer or you installed one, Windows Defender will be turned off (disabled). Windows Defender recognizes the install and automatically disables itself when other anti-virus products are used
    to avoid conflicts. Windows Defender will remain disabled until that anti-virus software has been completely uninstalled. In some cases, you may need to download and run the anti-virus vendor's clean up tool to remove any remaining
    remnants.

After removal of the third party anti-virus, Windows 8/10 Defender needs to be
    activated
    if you choose to use it. When uninstalling the third-party anti-virus Defender should automatically turn itself on but sometimes you may receive a message indicating
    your system has no protection...click here to turn on Windows Defender. If not, and Defender remains disabled, you will need to manually turn it on.

quietman7 - MVP, May 23, 2019
  4. Smeed Win User

Win10 Defender anti-virus disabled

Are Bit defender FREE anti-virus and Windows Defender compatible?

Please do understand that Windows Defender on Windows 7 is NOT an Anti-Virus program.

Windows Defender on Windows 7 provides spyware protection only.

That means that you do have to install an Anti-Virus program.

It's up to you which one you want to install. Bitdefender Antivirus Free is not a bad choice IMO.

Most Anti-Virus programs automatically disable Windows Defender. If not, it's best that you disable Windows Defender yourself.

The only thing which you have to keep in mind is not to install/run more than 1 Anti-Virus program at the same time.

In case your computer came with a pre-installed Anti-Virus program and/or if you have another Anti-Virus program installed right now: Make sure to uninstall it (use also its specific appropriate uninstall tool from this

List of anti-malware product removal tools
    ) before installing Bitdefender Antivirus Free.

In addition I suggest that you click on your blue profile name (LLLKKK) which brings you to your profile page.

There you will find all the threads with similar topics which you've asked before.

I suggest to read through them again because they contain further good information and many helpful links.

I hope this helps to clarify things for you.

Smeed, May 23, 2019
Thema:

Win10 Defender anti-virus disabled

1. Win10 Defender anti-virus disabled - Similar Threads - Win10 Defender anti

2. Defender Anti Virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defender Anti Virus: I use windows defender/Anti Virus. It keeps telling me I have the same problems. HackTool:Win32/Wpakill.F. Which I have dealt with many times. I have Python, Git Hub, Git Bash and Visual studion code. I keep thinking that it is finding these. Am I right or wrong? Its constant...
  3. Defender Anti Virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defender Anti Virus: I use windows defender/Anti Virus. It keeps telling me I have the same problems. HackTool:Win32/Wpakill.F. Which I have dealt with many times. I have Python, Git Hub, Git Bash and Visual studion code. I keep thinking that it is finding these. Am I right or wrong? Its constant...
  4. Defender Anti Virus

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Defender Anti-Virus problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender Anti-Virus problem: Defender had a message in notifications about a problem. When I clicked onto I get Defender opening and the following message.PAGE NOT AVAILABLE.Your IT Administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available.Contact the...
  6. Is Windows Defender Sufficient as an Anti-Virus?

Is Windows Defender Sufficient as an Anti-Virus?: If windows defender isn't enough protection what is the best recommended anti-virus program for windows 10 with edge? Thanks. Jim Thompson [Original Title: anti-virus]...
  7. Microsofts Defender Anti-Virus

Microsofts Defender Anti-Virus: I have been using Malwarebytes for years. It seems like there is a conflict with it. It turned off my Windows Defender anti-virus. Malwarebytes is not an Anti-Virus Program...What Went Wrong?...
  8. windows defender anti virus program

windows defender anti virus program: options are all greyed out, real time protection cannot be turned on how do i fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-anti-virus-program/13538fbe-cb7e-4b24-9ce8-37f3e4a6eeac
  9. Turning on Defender anti-virus programs.

Turning on Defender anti-virus programs.: Yesterday I turned on my Laptop and noticed an issue with my Windows Anti-Virus. Defender was not on to protect me from a virus or other threats. In YELLOW type, under Virus & threat protection: it states your Virus & threat protection is managed by my organization. Where is...
  10. windows defender anti-virus protection disabled

windows defender anti-virus protection disabled: my virus and threat protection displays a message "your virus and threat protection is managed by your organization". I do not have and organization to manage my virus and threat protection. There were several downloads allowed by One Drive, "file only" and two were...