Windows 10: Win10 failed to enter safe mode when preparing automatic repair

Discus and support Win10 failed to enter safe mode when preparing automatic repair in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; [ATTACH] well basiclly I turned off my laptop cause it says there's some upgrades need to restart, and when I shut the laptop down I couldn't restart... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by cielzz, May 21, 2019.

1. cielzz Win User

Win10 failed to enter safe mode when preparing automatic repair

Win10 failed to enter safe mode when preparing automatic repair ba1f22d3-ea5f-445d-96db-daac1ec177b3?upload=true.jpg

well basiclly I turned off my laptop cause it says there's some upgrades need to restart, and when I shut the laptop down I couldn't restart it. I tried to restart it over and over again but apperantly, it's been stucking on this looping page forever, and occasionlly it went balckscreen with a second of a white framed window pops up and disapper real quick before it goes down to black screen. I tried to press f8 or some other key but nothing really happens, I saw some ppl fix this problem by entering the safe mode, but my laptop isn't leading me to the safe mode at all, it kept doing the infinite looping instead. My laptop is hp omen 15ax202na.

:)

cielzz, May 21, 2019

2. Cannot enter safe mode

Thanks for all the help so far Win10 failed to enter safe mode when preparing automatic repair :)

essenbe:

I've checked the tutorial and followed this instruction:

7. To Start Windows 10 in Safe Mode with Networking

A) Type the command below into the command prompt, press Enter, and go to step 9 below.

Win10 failed to enter safe mode when preparing automatic repair [​IMG]
    bcdedit /set {identifier} safeboot network

The command was successful but after restarting, windows goes immediately to repair mode.

I don't have a windows 10 usb/dvd. However I don't think it's gonna do much since normal repair doesn't work either?

dalchina:

I've tried to delete the WindowsApps folder but to no avail. It's only possible to delete the folder when in safe mode (because in normal mode the folder is in use)

I'll try using the Kyhi's bootable flash drive as you suggested Win10 failed to enter safe mode when preparing automatic repair :)

iDamn:

I've tried this several times. It's takes a while and when finished Windows will tell me that 'there was a problem with resetting Windows'.

Every time I start my PC, Windows automatically prepares for automatic startup repair but without success

raymond1984, May 21, 2019
  3. Cannot enter safe mode

Hi, My Asus laptop is stuck in a startup repair loop while trying to fix error 0x80070091, I've tried following things:
    Use this guide: Startup Repair Infinite Loop Recovery - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Use the option 'reset this pc' and tried to use 'system recovery' but all to no avail.
    While in this startup repair loop it also seems impossible to enter safe mode. (I've tried to enter safe mode pressing F5 from the startup settings screen). I guess using the tweaking repair program will solve this error (0x80070091) but obviously I have to enter safe mode first. Any suggestions?

Thx!

Ray

raymond1984, May 21, 2019
  4. Gino Des Win User

Preparing Automatic Repair Repeating

Hi Ryan,

A corrupted system file can cause your computer to be stuck in an automatic repair loop or display a
    black or blank screen. To better assist you with this issue, we would like to know the following information:

• Are you also receiving a message saying Automatic Repair couldn't repair your PC?
    • Are you able to reach the sign-in or Advanced Startup Options screen?
    • Have you made any changes to your computer before experiencing this issue?

In the meantime, let's start your PC in safe mode from the Windows recovery screen. After three failed boot attempts, Windows goes into recovery mode. It is a blue-colored screen with a title
    Choose an Option. To start in safe mode, follow the steps below:

• Use the power button to restart your computer three times while Windows is loading. This will start
      Windows Recovery Environment.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options > Startup Settings >
      Restart.
    • After your PC restarts, you'll see a list of options. Select 5 or F5 for
      Safe Mode with Networking.

Once you are in safe mode, kindly
    use the System File Checker tool
    . This tool scans for corruptions in Windows system files and restores corrupted files. After scanning your system, try restarting your computer normally.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue, and we will be glad to assist your further.

Gino Des, May 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Win10 failed to enter safe mode when preparing automatic repair - Similar Threads - Win10 failed enter

2. Preparing for automatic repair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Preparing for automatic repair: At start-up I get to prepare endless auto repair. Reboot with the wireless usb for both keyboard and mouse and it will start Windows 10 smoothly. Plug in the USB and let's go. I updated the drivers and removed the drivers, but still can't get the boot to go with the USBs....
  3. Stuck on preparing automatic repairs, can't get to safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck on preparing automatic repairs, can't get to safe mode: Hi there. Laptop battery died while trying to do windows updates my bad. Now it won't get past preparing automatic repair even if left for hours. Read some stuff about force shutting it down to get into safe mode but haven't been able to get into safe mode. Any help would...
  4. WIN10 PC stuck on preparing automatic repair

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WIN10 PC stuck on preparing automatic repair: My WIN10 PC is stuck in a "preparing automatic repair" loop. I have not upgraded or added any hardware. The PC became unresponsive the other day so I power cycled it. Initially I could do a hard reboot, and get into the blue screen, but now no matter how many times I do a...
  5. Preparing for automatic repair

Preparing for automatic repair: How can I fix this one? Any help please. Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/preparing-for-automatic-repair/8d725a96-d6f9-4d3a-a11b-22c4c3a92e21
  6. BSOD into Preparing Automatic Repair loop and unable to reach safe mode

BSOD into Preparing Automatic Repair loop and unable to reach safe mode: Hello, Recently I had received a blue screen with the error of "irql_not_less_or_equal." After my pc had restarted, it has been stuck in a preparing automatic repair loop. It will stop loading during the preparing automatic repair screen and then turn black. It will then...
  7. preparing automatic repair

preparing automatic repair: I had problem from yesterday please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/preparing-automatic-repair/31b78d43-40c7-4d49-8be0-8ab210cc4010
  8. Preparing Automatic Repair

Preparing Automatic Repair: Buenos dias, tengo una ACER Modelo N16Q2 con Win 10. La misma entro en la condicion que indica "Preparing Automatic Repair" y de alli no sale. Podria alguno ayudarme con algun procedimiento para ojala poder repara lo indicado. Muchas Gracias...
  9. Preparing for automatic repair

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Preparing for automatic repair: hello when i turned on my computer today it started preparing for automatic repair loop. I found my d c and e drives have shuffled. What should i do to exist the preparing for automatic repair ? [IMG]...
  10. Windows 10 not booting and not entering safe mode through automatic repair.

Windows 10 not booting and not entering safe mode through automatic repair.: I have been facing this issue since past 3 days. Yesterday somehow after resetting my Bios to default I could login in but the screen was freezing. I faced this issue of disk space. (See attached image). [IMG] After sometime it froze. I had to force shutdown using power...