Windows 10: Win10 Insider Build 1903; downgrade issues?

Discus and support Win10 Insider Build 1903; downgrade issues? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Normally when I need to quickly reset windows I run the iso of the build I have, and after being given a choice, i select keep nothing* *but this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ksdixon, Sep 28, 2019.

1. ksdixon Win User

Win10 Insider Build 1903; downgrade issues?

Normally when I need to quickly reset windows I run the iso of the build I have, and after being given a choice, i select keep nothing*

*but this actually moves my files to a windows.old folder!

Recently I've decided to test out windows insider builds again, and am currently on 1903. I've gone to perform my usual process, and noticed that the only option available to me is to keep nothing. Then it crashes-out of installing windows from the iso. Is this some weird issue with using an insider build?

I have downloaded the MediaCreateTool1903.exe, which also only let's me choose keep nothing. If I proceed to try to install this and it actually works, do I run the risk of losing my files, or will they simply get placed into a windows.old folder?

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm. Well, that worked, the files all got moved to a windows.old folder.

However due to name of MediaCreateTool1903.exe, all its done is put me back on 1903.

I wonder if maybe there was just some strange hiccup, and my usual iso file will now work...

- - - Updated - - -

Grr, nope. seem to be stuck on 1903 *Sad

For the longest time I have been using ''Windows ISO Downloader'' to download 1703, and this has always worked for me before installing 1903. What exactly are my options here?

Ideally I'd like to keep my files in a windows.old folder and revert to 1703.

:)

ksdixon, Sep 28, 2019

2. Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

Hi roblinb

Not listed in the Known.

Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

As far as Wifi any chance it is Qualcom inside USB adapter, if Qualcom then yes known issue.

I might create another user (Local) and when if try again see if this issue occurs on both users.

Would also suggest you run the first 5 steps in this tutorial to see if you have any corruption with current build.

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Ken

Caledon Ken, Sep 28, 2019
  3. Downgrading Win10 Mobile builds

I would like to downgrade from win10 mobile 10586 to a previous build. Is this possible? If it is, please provide a link. I use a Lumia 640 LTE.

OliverBraso, Sep 28, 2019
  4. Win10 Insider Build 1903; downgrade issues?

How to leave Windows Insider Program build 1903

I can't leave windows insider program on build 1903

DhanuPurnayasa, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

Win10 Insider Build 1903; downgrade issues?

1. Win10 Insider Build 1903; downgrade issues? - Similar Threads - Win10 Insider Build

2. Issues exiting insider builds

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issues exiting insider builds: Hello.recently, My windows 10 computer has been constantly urging me to upgrade to windows 11 in settings, and when i go to restart, it shows as an option to update and restart. Me thinking this is a windows 10 update I click it, for it to run to windows 11.So I’ve stopped...
  3. Issues exiting insider builds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues exiting insider builds: Hello.recently, My windows 10 computer has been constantly urging me to upgrade to windows 11 in settings, and when i go to restart, it shows as an option to update and restart. Me thinking this is a windows 10 update I click it, for it to run to windows 11.So I’ve stopped...
  4. Issues exiting insider builds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Insider build issue on updates

Insider build issue on updates: Hello;I've installed windows 11 insider preview build, after using it for a while then rolled back to windows 10 after that, I leaved the insider and unlink my pc for insider builds, after doing I'm getting update and downloading windows 11 again....Requesting any one to...
  6. hot to downgrade my OS build to 1903 ??

hot to downgrade my OS build to 1903 ??: I want to downgrade my os build from 19043 to 1903, but, I don't know how to do that, and also am worried if I do that will it affect my downloaded files apps, and games??...
  7. Windows Insider Build Issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Insider Build Issues: I have 4 PC's on the Windows Insider Program. Last weeks update DEV Channel I noticed 2 of my PC's boot up, I then sign in with my PIN and I get a screen that indicates issues with the sign in and my background is the default Windows background. The only way I get...
  8. downgrade windows 10 build 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    downgrade windows 10 build 1903: I need windows 10 build 1803/1089 cuz windows 10 1903 not support with my video card can someone share where to download windows 10 1803/1809 I cant find it...
  9. Win10 Build 1903 Breaks Surround Sound?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 Build 1903 Breaks Surround Sound?: I just recently updated my win10 to build 1903 (May 2019) and discovered my 7.1 surround sound no longer works. I've checked the sound properties and speaker setup, clicking specifically on 7.1 but when testing the channels, only left and right front speakers are working....
  10. 1903 Build causing issues on Ryzen build

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    1903 Build causing issues on Ryzen build: So first of all my PC was running great before I updated to this 1903 build. But decided to update cause I wanted to try out this XBL Game Pass for PC and attempts at updating with 1803 installed kept throwing some error message at me about permissions. So I figured I'd just...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows Phone downgrade issues