Windows 10: Win10 Keyboard Shortcuts

Discus and support Win10 Keyboard Shortcuts in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; On Windows 7 I used a keyboard shortcut (win+shift+left/right arrow) to quickly move a window between my laptop screen and external monitor. This is no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ron999, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Ron999 Win User

Win10 Keyboard Shortcuts

On Windows 7 I used a keyboard shortcut (win+shift+left/right arrow) to quickly move a window between my laptop screen and external monitor. This is no longer working for me in Win10. Is that just me (does it work for you?) or did MS take this shortcut out of Win 10?

TIA.

:)

Ron999, Jan 14, 2016

2. Hardware (Keyboard) Glitches/Issues

Basically, after I installed windows 10 after totally wiping windows 8 and upgrading to a fresh copy, I noticed that the windows key/control key didn't work for any of the new keyboard shortcuts that were added in Win10 (the original shortcuts worked just
    fine), and if I tried to use the shortcuts, then my keys stopped "typing" so to speak. (The "i" key opened settings, the "n" key opened the notification center, the "a" key opened the action center, etc) After a bit, I discovered that if I used ctrl+alt_delet,
    my keyboard would to back to being able to function properly in the sense that pressing a single key didn't act as a shortcut.

I have no idea if this makes any sense, so if clarification is needed, just ask Win10 Keyboard Shortcuts :)

Don't know if my specs'll help, but here they are:

AMD fx 6300 (six core @ 3.5ghz)

8gb RAM (2x4) DDR3

64bit Win10

Radeon R9 270X 2GB twin "frozer"

Asus M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+ motherboard

Lastly, the keyboard is a TTESports Poseidon (blue switch)

Thanks in advance!

LiamPalacios, Jan 14, 2016
  3. Fes_N Win User
    Binding a Win 10 app to a key using Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center

I have a MS Sidewinder X4 Keyboard and for the life of me, and I have looked all over for a solution, I can't bind Windows Mail or anyother Win10 app to one of the keys on to my keyboard's left bank of keys in Windows 10.

You can't connect a shortcut to the keys through the Mouse and Keyboard Center and you can't access shell:AppsFolder through the Mouse and Keyboard Center.

Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.

Fes_N, Jan 14, 2016
  4. essenbe Win User

Win10 Keyboard Shortcuts

essenbe, Jan 14, 2016
  5. Ron999 Win User
    The win+shift+left/right arrow shortcuts are indeed on that list, but they are not (and never did) work for me in Win10. Actually I'm using Win10 on a different (new) PC, so maybe it's the machine that is the problem. Does it work for you (if you have multiple monitors)? Do you have any idea why this would not be working for me or if there is anything I could do? Most other shortcuts seem to work (win+up/down arrow works correctly for example) but some don't (win+left/right arrow doesn't work). I am using an HP convertible (basically a tablet with a detachable bluetooth keyboard/touchpad), maybe that's the problem?

Ron999, Jan 14, 2016
  6. Ron999 Win User
    Solution: Unchecking this option in the Make the keyboard easier to use section of theEase of Access Center made the keys work again:

Prevent windows from being automatically arranged when moved to the edge of the screen.

Ron999, Jan 17, 2016
  7. Ron999 Win User
    Better Solution: The problem with the previous solution is that you have to enable windows automatically being arranged when moved to the edge of the screen. The following solution allows you to have a "switch monitor" shortcut and still enable "Prevent windows from being automatically arranged when moved to the edge of the screen".

There is a free program called eXtraButtons (eXtra Buttons: utility buttons in the title of the window) that adds buttons on the caption bar of all windows for various functions. One of the functions is to switch monitors. eXtraButtons also has an option to associate key combinations with the functions. Having an onscreen button to switch monitors as well as a keyboard shortcut is VERY handy, especially on a touchscreen. Highly recommended.

Ron999, Jan 19, 2016
  8. essenbe Win User

Win10 Keyboard Shortcuts

Ron999, I run 3 27" monitors extended. I have no problem with keyboard shortcuts, although I use them rarely. The win+shift+left/right arrow work fine for me. You can also use the Windows + P key for built in shortcuts.

essenbe, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Win10 Keyboard Shortcuts

1. Win10 Keyboard Shortcuts - Similar Threads - Win10 Keyboard Shortcuts

2. Keyboard shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard shortcut: Every key is linked with a shortcut, for example, E will open File Explorer, D brings me to the desktop, W opens the whiteboard, and so on. Yesterday, I was using my laptop like usually and it just happened this morning, randomly. The weirdest thing is that the exact same...
  3. Keyboard shortcuts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard shortcuts: I need to know more keyboard shortcuts! I mean, I know some shortcuts, but not enough... can you help me??? Also, is there any more computer secrets that you can teach me?...
  4. Keyboard Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard Shortcuts: Hi i have recently got my pc upgraded and everything's great except 1 thing every once in a while when im playing a game my keyboard is not working right for example my e key brings up file explorer and d key brings up desktop i dont know what triggers it but its very...
  5. Keyboard Shortcuts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard Shortcuts: Hi everyone, I have a Windows 10 OS, (System Model XPS 15 9560) for which I can't get certain keyboard shortcuts to work. Most of them (such as Ctrl C/V) work perfectly well, but if I try to refresh the page with F5 nothing happens. Any advice would be much appreciated....
  6. Keyboard -Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard -Shortcuts: Hi Not appearing emoji when I press Windows logo key + point (.) or semicolon (;). https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-shortcuts/b350a689-fee5-4e7e-8bec-c3359372acee
  7. Keyboard Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard Shortcuts: I've lost all keyboard shortcuts - how can I restore them? 27956
  8. Keyboard shortcuts not working properly in Win10

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard shortcuts not working properly in Win10: I upgraded Win 8.1 to 10x64 on my Surface Pro 2. Now, when I press the End key in Explorer, nothing happens. I am not taken to the last file in the file view pane. In Excel 2010, Ctrl-Home minimizes my worksheet instead of taking me to Cell A1. I restored Win 8.1, but the...
  9. Keyboard Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard Shortcuts: How do you turn OFF keyboard shortcuts? I never use them but when I'm typing, I often hit CTRL when I mean the Shift key and then whatever letter I hit next is then combined with CTRL and displays something I don't want. I've been unable to find the setting that hopefully...
  10. Keyboard shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard shortcuts: Hello Ladies & Gentlemen, I've been reading tutorials on keyboard navigation, as I'd like to learn to navigate Windows 10 without a mouse, and while I've mastered a few commands I'd like to know how to de-select highlighted text after CTRL-A has been pressed. I've pressed...