Windows 10: Win10 Photo Editor can't edit large RAW files

Discus and support Win10 Photo Editor can't edit large RAW files in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Photo editor closes every time I try to edit large RAW-file pics 70Mb+/-. Laptop has 16Gb RAM with I-7 processor. Is there an adjustment I can make to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LynnG5037, Mar 2, 2020.

1. LynnG5037 Win User

Win10 Photo Editor can't edit large RAW files

Photo editor closes every time I try to edit large RAW-file pics 70Mb+/-. Laptop has 16Gb RAM with I-7 processor. Is there an adjustment I can make to eliminate this problem?

:)

LynnG5037, Mar 2, 2020
  2. Adrian_72 Win User

Nikon D5600 NEF format impossible to edit under Photo Editor

Hello,

The photo editor of Win10 cannot edit raw image files written by D5600 Nikon camera. I supose this is because the format is rather new and hasn t been fully supported yet. Initially it was not even possible to view (had to install a codec)

Any plan for fixing this issue?

The message is

We're having trouble opening this file for editing.

Canțt edit

For other Nikon nef files (like D3300 for example) there were no issues

Thanks

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Adrian_72, Mar 2, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Photo Editor

Hi,

I have a Windows 10 and use the Photo Editor to 1) Open RAW photos made by Nikon camera 2) Edit (crop and if necessary made adjustments) and 3) Save them as JPEG file

The problem I am facing that as soon as I open a raw file Photo Editor automatically reduces the brightness of the picture!

Can anyone help with this? Thanks!

BorisSpitzer, Mar 2, 2020
  4. iko22 Win User

How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer?

Win10 Photo Editor can't edit large RAW files [​IMG]

I have downloaded this, and it did not work; photo viewer is not in the list of programs in Open With or Default App. I used option 2 step 3, followed by step 5 to 9.

iko22, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Win10 Photo Editor can't edit large RAW files - Similar Threads - Win10 Photo Editor

2. Syncing with large photo files,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Syncing with large photo files,: I don't want to sync my desktop and laptop all the time. I just want to sync certain files, especially between "my pictures" which automatically goes to photos.There are duplicates with back up and I'm getting really confused . I've tried saying " keep on this computer" but...
  3. Large jpg files after editing in Microsoft Photos Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Large jpg files after editing in Microsoft Photos Windows 11: I take a lot of photos in hi resolution, but also I'm using a little compressed jpg format in my camera because I try to care about free space. After even very small edits in Microsoft Photos Windows 11 my photos grove up even twice. Is it possible to change quality level of...
  4. Large jpg files after editing in Microsoft Photos Windows 11

Large jpg files after editing in Microsoft Photos Windows 11: I take a lot of photos in hi resolution, but also I'm using a little compressed jpg format in my camera because I try to care about free space. After even very small edits in Microsoft Photos Windows 11 my photos grove up even twice. Is it possible to change quality level of...
  5. I had been editing a set of RAW photos. Now the RAW files turned into CR2 and they won't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I had been editing a set of RAW photos. Now the RAW files turned into CR2 and they won't...: I had been editing a set of RAW photos in PS for a couple weeks. Now the RAW files turned into CR2 and they won't let me open them. It says "could not complete your request because it is not the right type of document". I can't see the photo in the thumbnail anymore on...
  6. I had been editing a set of RAW photos. Now the RAW files turned into CR2 and they won't...

I had been editing a set of RAW photos. Now the RAW files turned into CR2 and they won't...: I had been editing a set of RAW photos in PS for a couple weeks. Now the RAW files turned into CR2 and they won't let me open them. It says "could not complete your request because it is not the right type of document". I can't see the photo in the thumbnail anymore on...
  7. Raw File in MS Photo

Raw File in MS Photo: How can I update MS Photo to read the raw files from a Canon 5D? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/raw-file-in-ms-photo/9e8b63d4-1dc1-4917-a17d-91c4950ee15c
  8. raw file photo storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    raw file photo storage: hi. advise plz.. am a hobby photographer and recently decided to try shooting raw. apx 20 pics went to my windows 10 photo storage edit and my pc just cdnt handle them .hp 570 tower 64 bit ..intel 5 I think..my pc completely slowed down . if I opened photos then clicked a raw...
  9. Viewing Olympus Raw photo files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Viewing Olympus Raw photo files: I am running windows 10 home, version 1803 and can't view my raw photos in Photo. I have tried to download the the codec but one doesn't appear to exist for W10. I want to be able to open my raw photos without going to my olympus view. How can this be done. This has been...
  10. RAW Photo files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAW Photo files: Just recently upgraded a PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10. This PC will be used strictly for photo processing mostly using Lightroom and Photoshop. Neither Photos or Windows Photo Viewer will open the RAW files on this particular PC. I have three other PC's that have been...