Windows 10: Win10 store freezes when I click "I have a windows 10 Pro Product key"

Discus and support Win10 store freezes when I click "I have a windows 10 Pro Product key" in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; The Problem: I am trying to upgrade my new laptop from the home edition it came with to the pro edition with a key that I already have. So I went to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Quickdraw996, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Win10 store freezes when I click "I have a windows 10 Pro Product key"

The Problem:
    I am trying to upgrade my new laptop from the home edition it came with to the pro edition with a key that I already have. So I went to "settings app>Update & Security>Activation>Go To Store" When It opens the store I click on "I have a windows 10 Pro Product key" below the button that says "99.99". When I do this the windows store freezes completely and I have to use Task Manager to kill it. (Pressing the "99.99" button also has the same effect, but that is not what I wish to do) However for some reason pressing Alt+F4 will unfreeze the store as if something is refusing to load when those buttons are pressed.

What I Have Done:
    I have restarted the computer multiple times.
    Changed networks.
    Not sure what else to do.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

:)

Quickdraw996, Sep 23, 2015

2. Activation issue : Can't enter product key

Hi guys ! I recently clean-installed Windows 10 Pro by skipping the product key choice at installation.But i didn't remember that i upgraded my 8.1 to Windows 10 HOME. So wanted to change back the product key to the Core one, but when i click on "Change
    the product key" the settings app freeze and i can't enter the key. I saw a post about how to change the product key in cmd, but it won't work because cmd won't downgrade the Pro edition to Home Edition.

AmineIzumi, Sep 23, 2015
  3. Upgrading Windows 10 HOME to PRO

If you have a retail Windows 10 Pro product key then to change to Pro version from Windows 10 Home version go to Settings>Update and Security>Activation>Change Product Key.

Insert the default Windows 10 Professional Product Key:

Once you insert the key it will change the version to Pro. However this does not activate Pro version. You still need to insert the Pro Product Key to activate.

If you do not have a retail Pro Product Key then you'll need to go to the MS Store to Upgrade to Pro via Settings>Update and Security>Activation>Advanced.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Sep 23, 2015
  4. Win10 store freezes when I click "I have a windows 10 Pro Product key"

DustSailor, Sep 23, 2015
  5. DustSailor, Sep 23, 2015
  6. Quickdraw996, Sep 23, 2015
  7. Neither of the commands resulted in any errors. I will run the troubleshooter and report back.

Quickdraw996, Sep 24, 2015
  8. Win10 store freezes when I click "I have a windows 10 Pro Product key"

The troubleshooter found no issues.

Quickdraw996, Sep 24, 2015
  9. DustSailor, Sep 24, 2015
  10. I figured it out. The UAC prompt was refusing to show up, so I had to temporarily disable UAC.

Thanks for your guys's help though!

Quickdraw996, Sep 26, 2015
  11. Strange, lol. So you disabled it, then set it back to default? Thanks for posting back your solution!

DustSailor, Sep 26, 2015
  12. You're welcome. My gut was telling me something was failing to load, guess I was right.

Quickdraw996, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Win10 store freezes when I click "I have a windows 10 Pro Product key"

1. Win10 store freezes when I click "I have a windows 10 Pro Product key" - Similar Threads - Win10 store freezes

2. I have code oxc0000242 on my window 10 pro I have the product key doi have to be on the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have code oxc0000242 on my window 10 pro I have the product key doi have to be on the...: I have a Windows 10 pro I pulled a code 0xc0000242 I have a product key my screen is blue it's a driver code it said can I reboot my Windows 10 pro with my product key without being on the internet a text was trying to help me a couple years ago and did some stuff to the...
  3. I have code oxc0000242 on my window 10 pro I have the product key doi have to be on the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have code oxc0000242 on my window 10 pro I have the product key doi have to be on the...: I have a Windows 10 pro I pulled a code 0xc0000242 I have a product key my screen is blue it's a driver code it said can I reboot my Windows 10 pro with my product key without being on the internet a text was trying to help me a couple years ago and did some stuff to the...
  4. I have code oxc0000242 on my window 10 pro I have the product key doi have to be on the...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I have a windows 10 pro product key but didn't work

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I have a windows 10 pro product key but didn't work: I have a windows 10 pro product key but didn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-windows-10-pro-product-key-but-didnt-work/faad0b25-82e9-4a84-9863-d260b4c63a55
  6. I have a windows 10 pro product key but didn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a windows 10 pro product key but didn't work: I have a windows 10 pro product key but didn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-windows-10-pro-product-key-but-didnt-work/faad0b25-82e9-4a84-9863-d260b4c63a55
  7. I have a windows 10 pro product key but didn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Product key for win10 Pro

Product key for win10 Pro: How can I get a product key for Win 10 Pro? I upgraded from Home edition online at Start menu and paid the $99 fee.At first I got an error code 0x80070005. I rebooted and according to "System/About" I have Win 10 Enterprise but I can't activate without either a product key or...
  9. I have a product key to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro instead of Home, but I have no where to...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have a product key to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro instead of Home, but I have no where to...: As the title says, I don't really have anywhere to back up my files in case something happens. Should I risk the upgrade without backing up my files? submitted by /u/Sergosh21 [link] [comments]...
  10. Win10 Pro Product Key

Win10 Pro Product Key: I upgraded from Win7 Pro to Win10 Pro a few years ago. I am now receiving a message in Settings saying that my product key is for Win 10 Home. This is not correct. It is, and always had been, a valid and activated installation of Win10 Pro. Why is this happening?...