Windows 10: Win10 Updating stranger's computers, by default

Discus and support Win10 Updating stranger's computers, by default in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; This is the most troubling thing I've come across since I've begun installing Win10 across my school's network. Win10 has a new feature that allows you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by firebasejay, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Win10 Updating stranger's computers, by default

This is the most troubling thing I've come across since I've begun installing Win10 across my school's network. Win10 has a new feature that allows you to share Microsoft's burden for updating other systems, either only on your own network, or on the internet in general. Since we're getting Win10 updates almost daily, I suppose I can see why they did this, but I'm not a fan. It's easy to disable if you dig into Windows Update settings, but you have to go down two layers to get to it. (From the Windows Update tool under Settings, go to Advanced Options, then "Choose how updates are delivered") http://www.pcworld.com/article/29554...s-systems.html

Win10 Updating stranger's computers, by default [​IMG]

:)

firebasejay, Aug 28, 2015
  2. vickiray Win User

Stranger's name on opening up Win10

I downloaded win 10 but when I open it up there is a second name showing. I am the only user with the only computer in the house. How do I delete "John" from my computer. Called support and was told they could do it for 149.00 Told it was complicated
    to do. I asked if I could uninstall Win 10 go back to Win 8.1 and reinstall win10. Told couldn't do that because it was only free once. Would like to have win10 but not with another person who could perhaps get into my computer. Was not really pleased with
    what Microsoft offered for support for their new program

vickiray, Aug 28, 2015
  3. Stranger's name on opening up Win10

Hi,

Sorry for the delay.

Where do you see that name?

I suggest you to check the user account information and make sure that it shows your name.

Open the control panel and click on user accounts and select manage account information.

I will also suggest you to check the display name in settings and let us know.

Thank You.

Uttam Yadav, Aug 28, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User

Win10 Updating stranger's computers, by default

Surely it would be quicker if you got updates from other PCs on your network as you wouldn't have to download from MS for each individual PC?

5. swarfega Win User
    I have to say I did not like this feature and have turned it off on all of our computers. I guess if you continue to have problems, setting it to over metered connection should stop it.

swarfega, Aug 28, 2015
  6. agreed, but honestly, that's not a real problem if you have a solid internet connection. Everything is happening behind the scenes, anyways. the more troubling thing about it is if it's set to update random users on the internet outside the network.

firebasejay, Aug 28, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
Thema:

Win10 Updating stranger's computers, by default

1. Win10 Updating stranger's computers, by default - Similar Threads - Win10 Updating stranger's

2. A stranger as a group organizer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A stranger as a group organizer: Hello, Today I noticed that I had parental control on my browser, and when I looked into it, it turned out that I was a member of Microsoft Family and its organizer was an unknown person. I immediately left the group without checking any of this person's information. Now I...
  3. A stranger as a group organizer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A stranger as a group organizer: Hello, Today I noticed that I had parental control on my browser, and when I looked into it, it turned out that I was a member of Microsoft Family and its organizer was an unknown person. I immediately left the group without checking any of this person's information. Now I...
  4. Win10 default fonts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 default fonts: How can I clear out the dozens of fonts that have accumulated over time and get back to the original default Win10 font set? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-default-fonts/c13e331f-7022-43aa-8291-dab24167f9e2
  5. Win10 default fonts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 default fonts: How can I clear out the dozens of fonts that have accumulated over time and get back to the original default Win10 font set? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-default-fonts/c13e331f-7022-43aa-8291-dab24167f9e2
  6. Strangers name on PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Strangers name on PC: Hi, i originally posted this in the Apps mail section, but it now seems to be a wider problem. The PC belongs to my sister and she has asked me for help. On W10 mail there is a menu pane on the left this shows the e mail accounts that W10 mail is acting on. This should...
  7. default profile win10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    default profile win10: Hi, new here. I r idjit, I guess. I run some computer labs, and modified the default profile in 1903 win10. Now Autocad won't run for anyone but the local admin. It's interesting that their other programs run, Revit etc, just not Autocad. They say recently that they support...
  8. default profile win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    default profile win10: Hi, new here. I r idjit, I guess. I run some computer labs, and modified the default profile in 1903 win10. Now Autocad won't run for anyone but the local admin. It's interesting that their other programs run, Revit etc, just not Autocad. They say recently that they support...
  9. A stranger in my library?

in Windows 10 Support
    A stranger in my library?: Hi, I've just recently bought a new notebook running on Windows 10, which is new to me. So I'm discovering and may just ask a silly thing. In putting my programs and files on this device I discovered that all of a sudden an icon with my user name (see attachment) appeared...
  10. Family group stranger

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Family group stranger: How is it possible that a stranger signed into my family account and under their name it says "Send money"??? What kind of security is this???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-group-stranger/1af7ad45-880e-4b09-ab34-0d7bac61cda4"