Windows 10: win10

Discus and support win10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Can I download win10 build 1511 (10586) to a dvd or can I extract it from my computer? If so how? Sorry for the two questions. I have tried from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by robert, Jun 3, 2016.

1. robert Win User

win10

Can I download win10 build 1511 (10586) to a dvd or can I extract it from my computer? If so how?
    Sorry for the two questions. I have tried from the MS site but it keeps on installing to F drive where I cannot extract from.

:)

robert, Jun 3, 2016
  2. Win10+ Win User

HP laptop screen is completely black. Windows 10 upgrade was in process.

Product Name: HP compaq presario laptop CQ56-DX115

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64 bit)

I have seen this problem before with my laptop. Under Windows 7, I would simply perform a hard reset and my laptop would then boot up Windows 7. Over the past few years, I have only had to do this two or three times.

Yesterday, from the task bar tray at the bottom of my Windows 7 desktop, I found that my free Windows 10 upgrade was available from Microsoft and that an installation could be scheduled. I followed all the prompts until I reached the Windows 10 upgrade
    screen that said "Working on it" with a large spinning icon. I waited for several minutes when I assumed that it was probably loading the new OS. I left my laptop alone for the remainder of the day. I have a comcast cable wifi connection.

Today I went to start my laptop and I can hear the fan, and the usual self-test noise from one of the drives, but nothing at all on the screen. Pitch black. I pressed the power button to shut off. Then I pressed it again to start. I can hear the fan and
    one of the drives in self-test, but there is never anything on the screen at any moment. No cursor, logos, absolutely nothing.

I performed a hard reset according to instructions provided by HP's website. Additionally, I have noticed that the caps lock button blinks in a manner that communicates "CPU not functional" according to HP's blinking light code table.

So I went back to HP's website and followed instructions for recovering the BIOS. I now have my laptop working again and I'm back to the Windows10 "working on it" screen. I have read that this process may take more than 24 hours.

After approximately 3 days, Windows 10 installed but the desktop screen flashed constantly. I'm going to look for my restore disc and go back to Windows 7 for the time being.

Win10+, Jun 3, 2016
  3. Win10. Win User
    How to start win10 in safe mode? (system thread exxception not handleed)

Hi,

I was watching movie last night and suddenly Computer crashed.

I tried to restart it and had an error message that compuer crashed and needed to restart. Restart will occur automaticully. Now I'm stuck in a restarting loop again and again and again.

I tried to enter safe mod dy hitting F8 while starting but it did not work. I also triedthree times to restart and shut down, but that did not work either.

Any ideas what to do next?

Win10., Jun 3, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

win10

RE : Can I download win10 build 1511 (10586) to a dvd

2 Official sites listed below to download Windows 10 iso file.
    Once downloaded, you can burn it to a bootable DVD or USB.

1. Media Creation Tool (MCT)
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/soft...load/windows10

2. Tech Bench
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/soft...load/techbench

davidhk, Jun 3, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    RE : can I extract it from my computer

Have a look at this tutorial :
    ESD to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 ESD File

Updating and editing :
    In light of Berton's info, post #4.....................
    If esd file cannot be found from $Windows.~BT, then you will have to use the iso download links posted above.

davidhk, Jun 3, 2016
  6. Berton Win User
    I've checked my computers and the install.esd file does not exist in the latest build, 10586.318. Yesterday I did download both 32-bit and 64-bit files from TechBench intending to store them on a USB Thumb drive but surprise, the 64-bit version is too large for the Thumb drives. The file is 4,310,660KB [4.311GB] and will require reformatting an 8GB or larger Thumb drive to NTFS before it will fit.

win10 [​IMG]

Berton, Jun 3, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    Thank you.
    I did not know that.

davidhk, Jun 3, 2016
  8. Berton Win User

win10

You're welcome. That 64-bit file has been growing, was only 3,922,852KB back in November '15.

Berton, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

win10

1. win10 - Similar Threads - win10

2. Remove CoPilot on Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove CoPilot on Win10: I want to completely uninstall CoPilot from my personal computer. I am using Win10 and i do not want to just "hide" the icon. This program is using resources on my PC and i never plan on using it. Can you please tell me how to remove this?! this is so intrusive and...
  3. Remove CoPilot on Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove CoPilot on Win10: I want to completely uninstall CoPilot from my personal computer. I am using Win10 and i do not want to just "hide" the icon. This program is using resources on my PC and i never plan on using it. Can you please tell me how to remove this?! this is so intrusive and...
  4. Remove CoPilot on Win10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Activate Windows after installing Win11 from Win10 without activating beforehand

Activate Windows after installing Win11 from Win10 without activating beforehand: I downloaded the Windows 11 23h2 ISO from the website and created a PXE image with MDT and WDS. Once the install was completed and I tried to activate windows it says it "can not validate my Product Key". I did not activate Windows 10 Pro system before installing the new...
  6. Activate Windows after installing Win11 from Win10 without activating beforehand

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate Windows after installing Win11 from Win10 without activating beforehand: I downloaded the Windows 11 23h2 ISO from the website and created a PXE image with MDT and WDS. Once the install was completed and I tried to activate windows it says it "can not validate my Product Key". I did not activate Windows 10 Pro system before installing the new...
  7. Activate Windows after installing Win11 from Win10 without activating beforehand

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  8. migrate from win10 pro old pc to win11 pro new pc preinstalled with win11home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    migrate from win10 pro old pc to win11 pro new pc preinstalled with win11home: i have win10 pro on my old laptop that hw-incapable of supporting tpm 2.0; now i have new laptop preinstalled with win11 home. how do i upgrade the latter to win11pro for free that i couldn't on former laptop?...
  9. migrate from win10 pro old pc to win11 pro new pc preinstalled with win11home

migrate from win10 pro old pc to win11 pro new pc preinstalled with win11home: i have win10 pro on my old laptop that hw-incapable of supporting tpm 2.0; now i have new laptop preinstalled with win11 home. how do i upgrade the latter to win11pro for free that i couldn't on former laptop?...
  10. Show All Apps In Start Menu Win10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Show All Apps In Start Menu Win10: Hello All. Running win10 on my laptop and have to click the "all apps" on the start menu to see all programs. I go to Settings > Personalization > Start but the option to Show app list in Start menu does not exist. Is there any other way to show all apps in the start menu? Or...