Windows 10: window defender or mcafee

Discus and support window defender or mcafee in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello. I have purchased a new computer that has mcafee installed. I don't want McAfee and prefer Windows defender from the information that I have... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RJ67079, Nov 28, 2019.

1. RJ67079 Win User

window defender or mcafee

Hello. I have purchased a new computer that has mcafee installed. I don't want McAfee and prefer Windows defender from the information that I have gathered from the internet.

So, can I completely remove MCAfee from my computer and turn on Windows Defender? How do I do this Thanks

:)

RJ67079, Nov 28, 2019

2. Conflict between McAfee and Windows Defender

Did you ask McAfee support (McAfee) and/or in their forum (McAfee Support Community)?

Try to

In case Windows Defender is still not disabled after doing the above steps, either

disable Windows Defender manually (see the Answer-marked post of GreginMich in

this
    thread)

or

use a REG file (see Option 2 here: Windows Defender - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 )

Jsssssssss, Nov 28, 2019
  3. Jsssssssss, Nov 28, 2019
  4. window defender or mcafee

McAfee and Windows Defender

When a different antimalware protection product is installed, Windows Defender is disabled to make sure the two products do not interfere. In other words, McAfee tells Windows that McAfee is now protecting the system, and Windows therefore turns off Windows
    Defender.

There should be an uninstall entry for McAfee if you'd like to remove the trial. Go to Start | Settings | System | Apps & features to find McAfee's entry. Once you click on it, there should be an Uninstall button that'll kick off the uninstall steps.

Regards,

Aaron

This information is provided "AS IS" without warranty, and confers no rights.

Aaron Hulett - Former MSFT, Nov 28, 2019
Thema:

window defender or mcafee

1. window defender or mcafee - Similar Threads - window defender mcafee

2. McAfee and windows defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    McAfee and windows defender: I have McAfee LiveSave installed on my windows 10 home edition which is taking over the Windows defender firewall. I am trying to add some restrictions in the windows defender firewall inbound policy but it seems to have no effect. I tried blocking port 445 but a netstat...
  3. Removing McAfee & using Windows Defender instead

Removing McAfee & using Windows Defender instead: I'm currently using McAfee for firewall & virus protection that came with my new computer free for 1 year. But I'd like to remove it right now and start using Windows Defender for virus & FW. Please give me the procedure for doing this. I planned to use Revo Uninstaller...
  4. Windows Defender Prevents Installing McAfee

Windows Defender Prevents Installing McAfee: refuses to allow access for mcafee [Original Title: defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-prevents-installing-mcafee/44da1e3d-c46c-4d0f-a159-4c0590d53777
  5. windows defender vs mcafee which is best?

windows defender vs mcafee which is best?: can anyone tell me that windows defender or mcafee antivirus which is best for windows 10? I read some articles on net and i like this https://geekymr.com/mcafee-vs-windows-defender/ is informative on this topic but couldn't reach on any decision so please help me....
  6. Switching from McAfee to Windows Defender Antivirus

Switching from McAfee to Windows Defender Antivirus: I have just let my McAfee subscription expire. I want to make sure that I am now covered by Windows Defender Antivirus. When I go to the Virus and Threat Protection Screen from the Windows Defender Antivirus site what comes up is the following: McAfee Virus Scan McAfee...
  7. Reinstating Windows Defender after McAfee

Reinstating Windows Defender after McAfee: Will windows 10 DEFENDER automatically be re instated when present McAfee security runs out or will I have to do something to get it back onto my laptop? If so, what action do I take?...
  8. McAfee and Windows Defender Security Centre

McAfee and Windows Defender Security Centre: Hello, I have recently purchased a Laptop and put McAfee for the Anti-Virus protection. I have a problem with what seem to be the two software clashing together. Inside the McAfee, it informs me that the Firewall is on however, inside the Windows Defender Security Centre...
  9. Windows 10 defender & McAfee

Windows 10 defender & McAfee: I am running McAfee internet security on windows 10. My question is should windows defender be on as well? I don't seem to be able to switch it off, it just comes back on after a while. I don't seem to get a definitive answer anywhere. 71413
  10. McAfee LiveSafe + Windows Defender

McAfee LiveSafe + Windows Defender: I have McAfee LiveSafe. Should I run McAfee LiveSafe plus Windows Defender? Would it be more protective if I used Windows Defender plus some product other than McAfee LiveSafe? Lastly, is it best to use Windows Defender by itself? I asked a very similar question some time...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How do I know if the McAfee antivirus is up to