Windows 10: Windows 10 1903 questions

Discus and support Windows 10 1903 questions in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I intend to do a clean install of Windows10 1903. My desktop PC has Windows Home. Ive read that it is now going to be possible to defer future feature... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sportsfan148, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Windows 10 1903 questions

I intend to do a clean install of Windows10 1903. My desktop PC has Windows Home.
    Ive read that it is now going to be possible to defer future feature Updates and also Quality Updates with Windows Home edition. Having never had this option before Im a bit unsure how it works.
    After a clean install I immediately go straight to Windows Updates to manually check for updates and get my PC right up to date with cumulative updates/security fixes etc. One reason I immediately get Windows Updates is I wouldn't want to use the internet until my PC is fully updated and secure.
    Do you guys manually update Windows immediately by checking for Updates after a clean installation?
    The reason I ask is I know that when you manually select Check Windows Updates you are classed as a seeker and so you would probably get all the quality/cumulative updates (including C and D grade that haven't been as thoroughly tested) not just the ones that would normally be released on Patch Tuesday. Am I risking getting quality cumulative updates that may have bugs etc?
    Under normal everyday usage I don't normally check for Updates manually, I just let Windows do its thing and download and install them when they are ready.
    Obviously though the situation is different after a clean install. There are always several updates required. So immediately getting the PC right up to date by manually checking for Windows Updates is very important before going on the internet etc

:)

sportsfan148, Jun 5, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 5, 2019
  3. Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

Hi roblinb

Not listed in the Known.

Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

As far as Wifi any chance it is Qualcom inside USB adapter, if Qualcom then yes known issue.

I might create another user (Local) and when if try again see if this issue occurs on both users.

Would also suggest you run the first 5 steps in this tutorial to see if you have any corruption with current build.

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jun 5, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 1903 questions

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 1903 questions

1. Windows 10 1903 questions - Similar Threads - 1903 questions

2. Question about Windows 10 version 1903

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about Windows 10 version 1903: My computer was having troubles starting up it took 1 min 37 seconds to get to the login screen, and it had trouble shutting down it would restart unless I disabled fast startup option. It also wouldn't sleep if I choose sleep. It would wake up once in a while, and go back to...
  3. Question about Windows 10 version 1903

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about Windows 10 version 1903: My computer was having troubles starting up it took 1 min 37 seconds to get to the login screen, and it had trouble shutting down it would restart unless I disabled fast startup option. It also wouldn't sleep if I choose sleep. It would wake up once in a while, and go back to...
  4. Question about Windows 10 version 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Question re Windows 1903 support ending

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question re Windows 1903 support ending: Hey all, I'm on Windows 1903 currently. Apparently, support for this version will end in December. When this happens, will I be forced to update? If so, will I have to update to 20H2 or will I still be able to update to 2004? I'd rather use 2004 if I'm forced to update....
  6. 1903 to 1909 feature update question

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    1903 to 1909 feature update question: Ive been offered the 1909 feature update through Windows Update so I selected Download and Install. Everything was downloaded and installed in around 5 minutes. Ive just checked in Windows Update history under Feature Updates and it says Feature Updates (1) Feature update to...
  7. 1903 to 1909 feature update question

1903 to 1909 feature update question: Ive been offered the 1909 feature update through Windows Update so I selected Download and Install. Everything was downloaded and installed in around 5 minutes. Ive just checked in Windows Update history under Feature Updates and it says Feature Updates (1) Feature update to...
  8. Question about the 1903 update.

Question about the 1903 update.: I've tried numerous times to get the 1903 update, but no such luck and I'm ok with it. What I want to know is, will it be automatically installed eventually or do I have to keep fighting with it to work right? Also, my Mom got a new PC a few months ago & when I go to the...
  9. Blank screen after windows 10 update version 1903 but then "miracle" hard boot - have questions

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blank screen after windows 10 update version 1903 but then "miracle" hard boot - have questions: So, this morning, I did the Windows 10 update Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903. I have a Dell Studio with 2 terabytes and most of that is free space. It took about 2 hours to update (glad I didn't have any work to do this morning!). After it reached 100% and...
  10. Two part question on Update to 1903 issues

Two part question on Update to 1903 issues: I tried twice to update to ver 1903 (2) from 1803, and it continually failed. I ended up looking at a black screen for two hours. After I rebooted a couple times, I was again able to use the system, but Windows kept trying to schedule a restart to update Windows. To...