Windows 10: windows 10 1903 upgrade nightmare

Discus and support windows 10 1903 upgrade nightmare in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hello, I completed about a week without successful 1903 windows 10 update. The pc keeps running and running. I have tried with direct update from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by amartusa976, Jul 20, 2019.

1. windows 10 1903 upgrade nightmare

hello, I completed about a week without successful 1903 windows 10 update. The pc keeps running and running. I have tried with direct update from windows configuration. Last I tried with an iso windows downloaded and burned on a dvd disc. Previous trials a black screen with mouse arrow was displayed for three days. No Ctrl+Alt+Del answer. Today I completed 4 hours trying with dvd, but it displays 64% installing completed 2 hours ago. I dont know what new trick to test. I feel it is an microsoft abuse.

:)

amartusa976, Jul 20, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 20, 2019
  3. Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

Hi roblinb

Not listed in the Known.

Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

As far as Wifi any chance it is Qualcom inside USB adapter, if Qualcom then yes known issue.

I might create another user (Local) and when if try again see if this issue occurs on both users.

Would also suggest you run the first 5 steps in this tutorial to see if you have any corruption with current build.

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jul 20, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

windows 10 1903 upgrade nightmare

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jul 20, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 1903 upgrade nightmare

1. windows 10 1903 upgrade nightmare - Similar Threads - 1903 upgrade nightmare

2. Windows 10 Nightmare

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Nightmare: So disappointed with the windows 10 upgrade. Had no issues at all with windows 7. Update stopped my printer working eventually sorted with Microsoft tech teams help. Many of the functions in Windows mail are greyed out cannot delete contacts etc. Tried all advice given...
  3. Windows 10 nightmare.

Windows 10 nightmare.: My laptop is currently running slow, I try to go and update. It says I need 8 gigs of storage, when I have deleted every possible thing I could, and only have 5 gigs. How else am I supposed to get the additional 3? I tried to factory reset, won't let me, tried safe mode,...
  4. Upgrade to WIndows 10 1903

Upgrade to WIndows 10 1903: I have been trying to perform this Update for MONTHS. Removed excess hardware,. Updated all drivers for everything in Device Manager. 2 different DISM commands. HELP!!...
  5. Windows 10 upgrade nightmare

Windows 10 upgrade nightmare: Hello. I have an SSD over here with a old Windows 10 installation (build16299.492) which is the Fall Creators Update and for whatever reason I have serious trouble with upgrading to the latest build. Lately I noticed that I wasn't getting any updates whatsoever. So not only...
  6. Touchscreen nightmare after Windows 10 1903 install

Touchscreen nightmare after Windows 10 1903 install: Hi: I'm having problems with the Touchscreen (TS) on my HP Pavilion all-in-one 27-n190st Desktop/Product # P2N43AV#ABA/OS 1903 (10.0.18362) The TS stops working. I go into device manager "HID-compliant touch screen". Under Properties, General it says "Currently this...
  7. Absolute Nightmare Windows 10 1903

Absolute Nightmare Windows 10 1903: The forced Windows 10 1903 update really did a doozy on my PC. Thank you very much! Several hours today a real Microsoft tech attempted to make the fix but no go it's now been escalated to level 2, and an appointment set for tomorrow. Extremely high CPU usage makes this...
  8. 1903 Update a nightmare

1903 Update a nightmare: I have spoken and given access to 2 of your tech guys, my case no: 1481650783 and neither Kevin nor Von A could fix my problem but Kevin managed to change my whole screen font to one that is hardly readable. I am livid, you guys are absolutely no help at all and you still...
  9. windows 10 1903 upgrade

windows 10 1903 upgrade: Upgrade fails with error 0x80070005 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-1903-upgrade/eb4310f1-4095-427a-8bae-9623f301ff8d
  10. Windows 10 1903 upgrade

Windows 10 1903 upgrade: Last 20-25 % has been very slow. Now at 85+%, taking over 30 min to an hour to go up 1 percent on final install step. Can I restart this windows upgrade? Are there other options? Note, I have transported the laptop and it has gone into sleep mode 2 or 3 times. I have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. upgrade to build 1903 successful but bluescreens thereafter