Windows 10: Windows 10 1903 upgrade

Discus and support Windows 10 1903 upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Last 20-25 % has been very slow. Now at 85+%, taking over 30 min to an hour to go up 1 percent on final install step. Can I restart this windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Joseph Albert James P.E., Aug 15, 2019.

1. Windows 10 1903 upgrade

Last 20-25 % has been very slow. Now at 85+%, taking over 30 min to an hour to go up 1 percent on final install step.

Can I restart this windows upgrade? Are there other options?

Note, I have transported the laptop and it has gone into sleep mode 2 or 3 times. I have looked at task manager before that, and found DismHost.exe was running over 50% CPU, also I researched Chrome and turned off background processes. I researched the DismHost.exe on what to do, and decided to uninstall, and went back and it was not running in Task Manager, and I could not find the file with Windows Explorer on C Drive, or in Programs and Features to uninstall.

:)

Joseph Albert James P.E., Aug 15, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 15, 2019
  3. Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

Hi roblinb

Not listed in the Known.

Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

As far as Wifi any chance it is Qualcom inside USB adapter, if Qualcom then yes known issue.

I might create another user (Local) and when if try again see if this issue occurs on both users.

Would also suggest you run the first 5 steps in this tutorial to see if you have any corruption with current build.

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Ken

Caledon Ken, Aug 15, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 1903 upgrade

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 1903 upgrade

1. Windows 10 1903 upgrade - Similar Threads - 1903 upgrade

2. Upgrade Windows 10 1903 to Windows 10 22H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade Windows 10 1903 to Windows 10 22H2: Hello all,I haven't used my old laptop Dell Inspiron 15-3531 for quite some time. I ran it last week and it worked perfectly just like when I used it last, except for Windows Update, which keeps prompting me to upgrade to version 22H2.I tried to update it through Windows...
  3. Upgrade Windows 10 1903 to Windows 10 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade Windows 10 1903 to Windows 10 22H2: Hello all,I haven't used my old laptop Dell Inspiron 15-3531 for quite some time. I ran it last week and it worked perfectly just like when I used it last, except for Windows Update, which keeps prompting me to upgrade to version 22H2.I tried to update it through Windows...
  4. Upgrade Windows 10 1903 to Windows 10 22H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. upgraded my windows 10 1903 to fresh install of windows and now getting messages for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    upgraded my windows 10 1903 to fresh install of windows and now getting messages for...: Hello there my PC used to have windows 10 1903 and I had to do a fresh install, now since I had installed the fresh copy of windows 10 I have around 6 drivers in the device manager that won't update I went to the HP Driver downloads and tried updating the drivers for my HP...
  6. upgraded my windows 10 1903 to fresh install of windows and now getting messages for...

upgraded my windows 10 1903 to fresh install of windows and now getting messages for...: Hello there my PC used to have windows 10 1903 and I had to do a fresh install, now since I had installed the fresh copy of windows 10 I have around 6 drivers in the device manager that won't update I went to the HP Driver downloads and tried updating the drivers for my HP...
  7. upgraded my windows 10 1903 to fresh install of windows and now getting messages for...

8. Lenovo AIO wont upgrade beyond 1903

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo AIO wont upgrade beyond 1903: This is about a Lenovo AIO, the plate on the back says "Machine Type-F0D6, MTM-F0D60017UK.This all started when the user, my friend, found it was refusing to update Win10, and this occurred in 2019. We worked on it and tried a few things, but it wouldn't update regardless of...
  9. Lenovo AIO wont upgrade beyond 1903

Lenovo AIO wont upgrade beyond 1903: This is about a Lenovo AIO, the plate on the back says "Machine Type-F0D6, MTM-F0D60017UK.This all started when the user, my friend, found it was refusing to update Win10, and this occurred in 2019. We worked on it and tried a few things, but it wouldn't update regardless of...
  10. Lenovo AIO wont upgrade beyond 1903