Windows 10: Windows 10 adds languages by itself

Discus and support Windows 10 adds languages by itself in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I have been experiencing this bug for years now where I want to use just two languages with specific keyboard layout -> Slovak QWERTY default... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ŠimonKoleják, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Windows 10 adds languages by itself

Hello,

I have been experiencing this bug for years now where I want to use just two languages with specific keyboard layout -> Slovak QWERTY default for Slovak is QWERTZ but I'm too used to QWERTY and I don't really see a point switching between different layouts since i use ENG a lot and English United States.

But for some reason after some time windows just decide that i have to have in quick select menu alt+shift English UK and Slovak SK as well and just adds it by itself. And since as far as I know design of Windows doesn't let you customize this quick select menu items I have to reinstall the language packs from time to time which is annoying and its really frustrating when you have to switch between 4 language variations all the time when you don't even want half of them.

Windows 10 adds languages by itself 0cae75af-b271-42cb-923b-16bfcd51a599?upload=true.png

In my humble opinion there should be an option to edit the "quick select" language menu.

So If there is some fix for this issue please let me know.

:)

ŠimonKoleják, Apr 3, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

add display language

Hello casale, *Smile

The steps in the tutorial below are updated for adding a display language in Windows 10. You will need to install the language pack of a language to have it available as a display language.

*Arrow Add a Language in Windows 10

Brink, Apr 3, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Apr 3, 2020
  4. Windows 10 adds languages by itself

change language display on windows 10

Hi,

Thanks for your interest on Windows 10.

To assist you better I would like to know, what was the base language for your previous Operating system?

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Remove the Japanese language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on the Option adjacent to the
      Japanese language.

• Click on remove under input method.
    Step 2: Add English Language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on Add language.

• Add the English language from the given list.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 adds languages by itself

1. Windows 10 adds languages by itself - Similar Threads - adds languages itself

2. Windows adds other language packs by itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows adds other language packs by itself: HelloI had this problem with Win 10, now with Win 11. My Windows adds language pack by itself and I do not have any option to remove it. it shows in language bar but not in my setting to be able to remove it. I do not want English Canada but I can't remove it either. I did...
  3. Windows adds other language packs by itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows adds other language packs by itself: HelloI had this problem with Win 10, now with Win 11. My Windows adds language pack by itself and I do not have any option to remove it. it shows in language bar but not in my setting to be able to remove it. I do not want English Canada but I can't remove it either. I did...
  4. Language bar keeps adding languages to itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Language bar keeps adding languages to itself: I don't know why but my language bar keeps adding the English US and/or English US-International options. It is not in the Language preferences > Preferred languages list when I click on it though....
  5. Add a Language pack in Windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add a Language pack in Windows: Split from this thread. I have some trouble with the new update too. My window edition is Window 10 pro, in the new update, it makes the connection of Bluetooth headphone becomes really bad it's still ok in the last version even the sound is a little small and another...
  6. Add an input language in Windows 10

Add an input language in Windows 10: my laptop has only one language to use(English)… how to install another language to write with. thank you. * Moved from msn ***Original Title: how to add another language to my pc***...
  7. Add a new language to Windows

Add a new language to Windows: Hi all, I'm using Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator 1.4 and I'm trying to create a keyboard for my language, the Venetan (spoken in the Veneto region of Italy). Unfortunately I have no way to choose the language Venetan because it does not exist, and choosing the Italian and...
  8. Add a Language in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add a Language in Windows 10: How to: Add a Language in Windows 10 How to Add a Language in Windows 10 In Windows 10, you can add different languages to install and use for the keyboard layout. See also: Language packs | Windows Support This tutorial will show you how to add a language to use...
  9. Windows 10 adds keyboard language as System Language

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 adds keyboard language as System Language: Hello, I have this issue... the system language is set to French, the region is set to France. The Keyboard layout is german (i have a german keyboard). The German language is automatically added to the Language Bar. [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] Thank you 65361
  10. Language - Add, Remove, and Change in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Language - Add, Remove, and Change in Windows 10: How to: Add, Remove, and Change Display Language in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Language Packs and Change Display Language in Windows 10 [img] Note Three first builds of Windows 10 Technical Preview were only available in English, Portuguese and Chinese. Finally...