Windows 10: Add a Language in Windows 10

Discus and support Add a Language in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add a Language in Windows 10 How to Add a Language in Windows 10 In Windows 10, you can add different languages to install and use for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by tonafish12, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Add a Language in Windows 10

How to: Add a Language in Windows 10

How to Add a Language in Windows 10

In Windows 10, you can add different languages to install and use for the keyboard layout.

See also: Language packs | Windows Support

This tutorial will show you how to add a language to use for display language, text-to-speech, speech recognition, handwriting, and keyboard layout for your account in Windows 10.

*note Adding a language requires downloading the language files from Microsoft, so you will need to have an Internet connection to add a language.

*Warning If you have a single language edition of Window 10, you can't add a new language unless you purchase an upgrade to either Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Pro.

Here's How:

1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Time & Language icon.

2. Click/tap on Language on the left side, and click/tap on Add a language under Preferred languages on the right side. (see screenshot below)

Add a Language in Windows 10 [​IMG]

3. Select a language (ex: "English (United Kingdom)") you want to add that has the available language features you want to install, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)

4. Check the language features you want to install for this language, uncheck the language features you do not want to install for this language, and click/tap on Install. (see screenshot below)

*note Standard users will only be able to check or uncheck Set as my display language and Install language pack. No other language features will be available for standard users.

*Warning Be sure to uncheck Set as my display language if you do not want to set this language to be your current display language now.

*note Starting with Windows 10 build 18262, there is now separate options for installing the language pack and setting the language as the Windows display language. There is also separate options for installing the Speech recognition and Text-to-speech features, when these features are available for the language.

5. The selected language features for the added language will now be downloaded and installed for your account. (see screenshots below)

*note If you didn't install all available features for a language, you can click/tap on the added language, click/tap on Options, and click/tap on Download for the features you want to install for the language.

6. If you checked Install language pack and set as my Windows display language, the added language will be set as your sign-in. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

tonafish12, Apr 18, 2016
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Oct 27, 2019
  3. change language display on windows 10

Hi,

Thanks for your interest on Windows 10.

To assist you better I would like to know, what was the base language for your previous Operating system?

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Remove the Japanese language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on the Option adjacent to the
      Japanese language.

• Click on remove under input method.
    Step 2: Add English Language.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on Add language.

• Add the English language from the given list.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Add a Language in Windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Windows 10 Installed in the Wrong Language?

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

To assist you better I would like to know, what was the base language for your previous Operating system?

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Remove the Existing language.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on the Option adjacent to the
      Existing language.

• Click on remove under input method.
    Step 2: Add English Language.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on Add language.

• Add the English language from the given list.

If you want a language pack:

You may refer to the suggestions posted by Andre Da Costa on the following thread.

Can I change language in Windows 10 Home edition?

Hope this information was helpful.

Sahil Bali, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Language

Hi Sassy,

To remove the Croatian language in Windows 10, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Open the Settings app, select Time & Language, and click
      Region & Language
    • Under Add a language, select English, and click
      Set as default
    • Select the Croatian language and click Remove.
    • Close the Settings app, restart the computer, and check if the issue persists.

Let us know if the steps provided worked for you.

Genevieve Cri, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Add a Language in Windows 10

1. Add a Language in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Language

2. How to add foreign language font for Adobe Text Recognition? when Word Text Recognition is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add foreign language font for Adobe Text Recognition? when Word Text Recognition is...: I need help to translate PDF using Adobe which delivers better output than Word which cannot recognize text in PDF of Diagrams of Operating and Maintenance Manual.However Adobe text recognition is responding with embedded font issue.My questions are without downloading, how...
  3. How to add foreign language font for Adobe Text Recognition? when Word Text Recognition is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add foreign language font for Adobe Text Recognition? when Word Text Recognition is...: I need help to translate PDF using Adobe which delivers better output than Word which cannot recognize text in PDF of Diagrams of Operating and Maintenance Manual.However Adobe text recognition is responding with embedded font issue.My questions are without downloading, how...
  4. How to add foreign language font for Adobe?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add foreign language font for Adobe?: I need help to translate PDF using Adobe which delivers better output than Word.However Adobe text recognition is responding with embedded font issue.My questions are without downloading, how to know if a font is available from Microsoft?how to download fonts for a specific...
  5. How to add foreign language font for Adobe?

How to add foreign language font for Adobe?: I need help to translate PDF using Adobe which delivers better output than Word.However Adobe text recognition is responding with embedded font issue.My questions are without downloading, how to know if a font is available from Microsoft?how to download fonts for a specific...
  6. how can I add Persian language to keyboard layout in language list , it wasn't in list...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can I add Persian language to keyboard layout in language list , it wasn't in list...: I got a laptop with single language windows 11 , how can I add Persian language to keyboard layout language list , it wasn't in language list ,Why Persian language isn't in list in keyboard settings ? Please give me a solution because I don't want change my windows....
  7. how can I add Persian language to keyboard layout in language list , it wasn't in list...

how can I add Persian language to keyboard layout in language list , it wasn't in list...: I got a laptop with single language windows 11 , how can I add Persian language to keyboard layout language list , it wasn't in language list ,Why Persian language isn't in list in keyboard settings ? Please give me a solution because I don't want change my windows....
  8. Unable to add EnglishIndia as language for speech recognition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to add EnglishIndia as language for speech recognition: I have Win 11 Home single language OS. I was trying to add EnglishIndia to windows speech recognition under Control Panel\Ease of Access\Speech Recognition\Advance sppech recognition options .But there I can see only English US /UK and settings option is grayed out. The MS...
  9. Unable to add EnglishIndia as language for speech recognition

Unable to add EnglishIndia as language for speech recognition: I have Win 11 Home single language OS. I was trying to add EnglishIndia to windows speech recognition under Control Panel\Ease of Access\Speech Recognition\Advance sppech recognition options .But there I can see only English US /UK and settings option is grayed out. The MS...
  10. Request to Add Karakalpak Language Keyboard Layout to Windows 10/11

Request to Add Karakalpak Language Keyboard Layout to Windows 10/11: Dear Microsoft Support Team, We are reaching out to request the addition of the Karakalpak language to the keyboard layout of Windows 10 and Windows 11. Currently, our users face challenges due to the absence of native support for the Karakalpak language, leading to...