Windows 10: Windows 10 Anniversary Upgrade

Discus and support Windows 10 Anniversary Upgrade in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. The Windows 10 Anniversary Upgrade is not available for me yet. What could be the reason for that ? Thanks in advance for any input. 61967 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tommygun, Aug 28, 2016.

1. tommygun Win User

Windows 10 Anniversary Upgrade

Hi.

The Windows 10 Anniversary Upgrade is not available for me yet.

What could be the reason for that ?

Thanks in advance for any input.

:)

tommygun, Aug 28, 2016

2. Query about Windows 10 Anniversary Edition activation.

The Windows 10 Anniversary Update is a free upgrade for existing Windows 10 users and does not require a new product key or reactivation.

Learn how to upgrade:

Three Ways to Upgrade to Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Andre Da Costa, Aug 28, 2016
  3. Andre Da Costa, Aug 28, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, preface: this has been seen and reported to cause problems for some users: MS is 'working on' some of these- expect updates in the next month. As you have Pro you may actually prefer to defer it rather than rush in and wait for the dust to settle.

Otherwise, take due precautions, and create a full set of disk images of your system so you can always use those to restore what you have, and as a data backup too. E.g. Macrium Reflect (free) + its boot medium + external storage.

Everyone should routinely use disk imaging it's a great way to recover quickly - even from drive failure- without tears. Too may relaise this after the tears and hard work.

That said, you can manually download the iso and/or create a bootable medium you can use.

You can use MS's Media creation tool:
    http://www.thewindowsclub.com/window...-media-upgrade
    or
    Windows 10 ISO Download - Windows 10 Forums

dalchina, Aug 28, 2016
  5. tommygun Win User
    @dalchina

....... thanks for your reply.

I know I can upgrade manually with the ISO, just wondering why the upgrade isn't available via the build -in Windows 10 update feature .......

tommygun, Aug 30, 2016
  6. lmaneke Win User
    Microsoft is releasing the updates slowly as some potential bugs can arise from updating to many machines, so, they are only releasing to a limited number of users, finding the bugs, and releasing updates, then once bugs are cleared, the update will be available to everyone.

I manually updated, which was a bad idea. I had an issue to where the system couldn't decide what to use for default programs, and pdf files were the worst. I had no program installed but it thought I had Adobe reader installed and told me it was corrupt, and kept resetting the defaults. It did it every time I logged in, and a new user account didn't fix the issue.

I then started to have driver bluescreens, as the USB 3.0 driver kept failing, and intermittent graphics driver failures. Cortana quit working all together too.

I did a manual upgrade on 4 systems. The other 3 were a successful upgrade, mine hit the dust.

I was forced to do a reinstallation of Windows 10 anniversary update "Clean install", and since the release, Microsoft has released 4 cumulative updates. After a clean install, and installing latest drivers and reinstalling programs, no issues.

I haven't had one issue with Windows 10 Pro x64 14393.82 since the clean install.

In the good side, Microsoft has simplified the upgrade process, so that is a plus. It will update as like a Windows update, instead of the "Upgrading Windows", so good job to Microsoft on that.

So, with Windows Update installation of the Anniversary update, you must be patient and let microsoft fix the underlying bugs before the Windows Update upgrade. They are encouraging people to update via Windows Update installation for them to determine the reliability of Windows Update itself.

Can't Wait? Upgrade via the media creation tool. Since I upgraded multiple pcs, I made an ISO and burned it to a DVD.

Good luck.

lmaneke, Aug 30, 2016
  7. tommygun Win User
    @imaneke

....... thanks for your input.

I'm not in a hurry to get the upgrade, just was wondering why it wont show up under updates after about one month of the release.

They way I understand you is that it isn't only me who didn't get the update yet and that's in fact all I wanted to know.

So let's wait a little longer and hope that Microsoft gets all these bugs fixed before they roll it out to everybody.

Thanks again .......

tommygun, Aug 30, 2016
  8. lmaneke Win User

You're welcome. The update is still not offered to some out here yet, so it's still in the works.

lmaneke, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Anniversary Upgrade - Similar Threads - Anniversary Upgrade

2. Anniversary upgrade broke Hello

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Anniversary upgrade broke Hello: Ever since I upgraded to the W10 "anniversary edition" Hello hasn't recognized me a single time anymore! Hello seems completely broken since the update, even though I went through at least 10 "improve recognition" procedures by now. Before the update Hello worked so-la-la,...
  3. OneDrive Problem After Anniversary Upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Problem After Anniversary Upgrade: I just upgraded to the AU and all is fine apart from a problem with OneDrive which was working fine. I log in using a Microsoft account. OneDrive seems to have lost the account linkage it had. When I try to add my account, I get this message: [img] When I click on...
  4. System Restore not creating restore points after Anniversary upgrade.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore not creating restore points after Anniversary upgrade.: Since upgrading system restore is not creating restore points automatically. I have to create them manually and then they are being deleted automatically every 3 - 7 days. I tried allocating more disk space to restore but that has done no good. I also use an uninstaller...
  5. Anniversary upgrade won't let me use my network!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Anniversary upgrade won't let me use my network!: AU just installed tried to access other computers on my network: Windows computers (2) asked for credentials won't accept user name and/or password. Ubuntu shows up but "... is not accessible. You might not have permission..." Anyone have a solution? Can't wait for...
  6. Wireless USB adapter problems since upgrade to 10 anniversary

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless USB adapter problems since upgrade to 10 anniversary: After the same grief I had upgrading to 10, I was finally able to upgrade to 1607 (anniversary version). My wireless usb adapter worked flawlessly for internet access all through the update, however once completed, and it restarted to the 1607 update, my usb adapter went...
  7. Anniversary Upgrade has forced Date/Time box down to small size

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Anniversary Upgrade has forced Date/Time box down to small size: I previously used an old (WinXP) programme to replace the defauly Date/Time with a much improved but longer version. The box accomodated this by allowing width expansion. Is there any way to prevent this upgrade forcing the width back to the inadequate space I now have? Many...
  8. All reg edits undone after Anniversary upgrade.

in Windows 10 Support
    All reg edits undone after Anniversary upgrade.: So I upgraded to the Anniversary version, and all mt edits are gone. Thankfully I made a .reg backup before then. The question now is, can I use that .reg file in this version? Will it screw any thing up? 79776
  9. No windows Search after Anniversary Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    No windows Search after Anniversary Upgrade: After the Anniversary Upgrade (AU), I had no Windows search on my PC. This means that File Explorer could not show anything under OS (C:\), FreeCommander wouldn't even start, I could not download to any file other than a Quick Access file, some desktop icons would not work,...
  10. Anyway to revet start menu to pre-anniversary upgrade?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyway to revet start menu to pre-anniversary upgrade?: Is there some way to do this? because I really despise how they have it now, I'd rather my programs remain hidden unless I click the thing to show them. Any idea if this can be done? its driving both me and my mother nuts with how they changed it. Its one of those: It wasn't...