Windows 10: Windows 10 Automatic Repair??

Discus and support Windows 10 Automatic Repair?? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, my laptop recently just crashed and it shows up saying "automatic repair" and I've tried every option i know to fix it such as going through the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ladysman217, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Windows 10 Automatic Repair??

Hello, my laptop recently just crashed and it shows up saying "automatic repair" and I've tried every option i know to fix it such as going through the advanced repair options. Any other advice/help would be grateful.

it says "exit and continue to" instead of "exit and continue to windows 10" which is confusing.

Thanks.

:)

ladysman217, Aug 15, 2017

2. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, Aug 15, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so I also found out that this occurs when sleepmode (for me after 3 hours) changes into hibernate mode.

Seems like the going into hibernate and/or starting up from HIbernate results in a shutdown. In safeboot it works perfectly.

Anyone any idea how I can figure out where it goes wrong. Is there a way to log this (I couldn't find it in bootlog)

windows-10, Aug 15, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Windows 10 Automatic Repair??

Brink, Aug 15, 2017
  5. Hey, thanks for the reply but that failed as well *Sad

6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 15, 2017
  7. I watched a youtube tutorial and done that aswell but it says "exit and continue to" instead of showing "exit and continue to windows 10" its not recognizing it for some reason.

8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 15, 2017
  9. Steve C Win User
    I suggest a complete power off and restart cycle. For a laptop this requires the battery to be removed for a couple of minutes then reinserted. This fix once brought my dead Dell laptop back to life and a complete power off of my desktop PC has stopped the automatic repair loop a couple of times.

Steve C, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Automatic Repair?? - Similar Threads - Automatic Repair

2. Unmountable boot volume error message in Windows 11 and Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unmountable boot volume error message in Windows 11 and Automatic Repair: Hi,I seem to be having an issue during start-up.My pc does those things and after those it open the BitLocker page,i put the recovery key but it is not unlocking it.What can it be done to fix this issue ?...
  3. Unmountable boot volume error message in Windows 11 and Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unmountable boot volume error message in Windows 11 and Automatic Repair: Hi,I seem to be having an issue during start-up.My pc does those things and after those it open the BitLocker page,i put the recovery key but it is not unlocking it.What can it be done to fix this issue ?...
  4. PC is unable to start, and the automatic repair screen shows up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC is unable to start, and the automatic repair screen shows up.: Hello,Once I have logged in to my computer, the automatic repair screen comes up. I have tried most of the recovery methods and have installed Windows 10 on to my pen drive as this is the latest version that it can run. I tried to install Windows 10 using this method, but it...
  5. PC is unable to start, and the automatic repair screen shows up.

PC is unable to start, and the automatic repair screen shows up.: Hello,Once I have logged in to my computer, the automatic repair screen comes up. I have tried most of the recovery methods and have installed Windows 10 on to my pen drive as this is the latest version that it can run. I tried to install Windows 10 using this method, but it...
  6. PC is unable to start, and the automatic repair screen shows up.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. My laptop won’t start up. “preparing Automatic Repair” or STOPCODE esif_if.sys or...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop won’t start up. “preparing Automatic Repair” or STOPCODE esif_if.sys or...: I am running Windows 10, my laptop froze and rebooted into Stop Code. I’ve tried SFC scans that don’t work. I’ve tried resetting the PC, it won’t allow me to. I’ve tried various CMD prompts given in previous QnAs on Microsoft. Most of them can’t run. I’ve tried leaving my PC...
  8. My laptop won’t start up. “preparing Automatic Repair” or STOPCODE esif_if.sys or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop won’t start up. “preparing Automatic Repair” or STOPCODE esif_if.sys or...: I am running Windows 10, my laptop froze and rebooted into Stop Code. I’ve tried SFC scans that don’t work. I’ve tried resetting the PC, it won’t allow me to. I’ve tried various CMD prompts given in previous QnAs on Microsoft. Most of them can’t run. I’ve tried leaving my PC...
  9. My laptop won’t start up. “preparing Automatic Repair” or STOPCODE esif_if.sys or...

10. Windows 11 always entering Automatic Repair on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 always entering Automatic Repair on startup: I have reinstalled windows 11 however its always entering automatic repair upon startup. That was also the reason why I reinstalled my windows. Thanks for the help....