Windows 10: Windows 10 automatically adjusting laptop screen brightness when watching full screen video

Discus and support Windows 10 automatically adjusting laptop screen brightness when watching full screen video in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This is an issue I've only encountered in the last couple of days, I can only assume it's the result of a recent Windows update. It also only appears... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Usernamelolol, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Windows 10 automatically adjusting laptop screen brightness when watching full screen video

This is an issue I've only encountered in the last couple of days, I can only assume it's the result of a recent Windows update. It also only appears to relate specifically to the use of VLC media player, it doesn't appear to happen when Netflix/YouTube/Amazon are in full screen mode. I've already posted about this to a couple of other forums (VLC/reddit) without luck and I've read the FAQ's and power/display settings within Windows 10 extensively,

Whenever I watch something with VLC (file type does not appear to matter .mp4/.mkv) after a few seconds it automatically cranks the brightness of my screen up to 100%. This is incredibly frustrating, especially considering I can't figure out why it just started happening (I've been using VLC forever without issue) and absolutely none of the power/display settings seem to relate to the issue.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Usernamelolol, Oct 14, 2018

2. screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Oct 14, 2018
  3. Adjust Screen Brightness and Resolution in Windows 10

The screen brightness adjustment keys of my HP Pavilion laptop are not recognized by Windows 10. It is so bright that it is harming our eyes. Also, I followed the suggested alternate steps from many websites and none of them worked as the brightness adjustment
    option is not at all available even not inside Control Panel.

Please note that before installing Windows 10, I got notification that my laptop is compatible for the upgrade. Can you please help?

Hirak Bhaumik, Oct 14, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Windows 10 automatically adjusting laptop screen brightness when watching full screen video

Adjust Screen Brightness in Windows 10

Tutorial updated to add: Windows 10 automatically adjusting laptop screen brightness when watching full screen video :)

Option Eight: To Adjust Screen Brightness in PowerShell

Brink, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 automatically adjusting laptop screen brightness when watching full screen video

1. Windows 10 automatically adjusting laptop screen brightness when watching full screen video - Similar Threads - automatically adjusting laptop

2. Mouse Problems when watching Video in Full Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Problems when watching Video in Full Screen: When watching a video in full screen mode, slight mouse movements keep causing operating overlays to show up. I tried significantly slowing down the mouse speed, but that didn't help.The problem shows up in Firefox, Chrome, Youtube, and Disney +....
  3. Mouse Problems when watching Video in Full Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Problems when watching Video in Full Screen: When watching a video in full screen mode, slight mouse movements keep causing operating overlays to show up. I tried significantly slowing down the mouse speed, but that didn't help.The problem shows up in Firefox, Chrome, Youtube, and Disney +....
  4. No screen brightness adjust.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No screen brightness adjust.: Ok so I have two AOC 24G2 monitors, and I have downloaded the drivers from AOC and installed them. I have fully updated windows, mobo, and gpu drivers. And I have followed this entire guideline, and still have no brightness adjuster anywhere. For the power options I do not...
  5. Screen brightness rapidly changes when watching video

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen brightness rapidly changes when watching video: Hi there, CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master RAM: 64GB DDR4 GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2000 driver 442.19, feeding 2 monitors with DP1.2 compliant cables Monitors: 2x ASUS PB238Q both running at 1920x1080 60hz, SDR colour depth 24-bit, 8bpc output...
  6. Adjusting screen brightness.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adjusting screen brightness.: Since I updated my laptop to the newest version of windows, I have found that I can't turn up/down the brightness. The brightness keys are not working, also in the notification panel there is no slider to adjust the brightness. Furthermore, the night light is also not...
  7. Adjust my screen brightness automatically

Adjust my screen brightness automatically: how to locate this setting in Dell Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adjust-my-screen-brightness-automatically/5b608cd6-3086-4437-9a1d-6bba016d44a8
  8. Screen brightness adjustment

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen brightness adjustment: Facts: Windows 10, ASUS 430U. Recently my screen brightness can no longer be adjusted. Whether I go into settings or tap on my keyboard symbols or hit the screen brightness icon in notifications, the brightness does not adjust up or down. Called ASUS, they had me do a...
  9. blank screen after watching videos in full screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    blank screen after watching videos in full screen: Hi, After I stream a video in fullscreen mode, when I try to close out of it the screen goes blank- it just turns white. The only way I can get out of it is to use ctrl alt delte and bring up the task manager, however I then run into the issue where I attempt to close the...
  10. Screen automatically dims when watching videos

Screen automatically dims when watching videos: I have a Dell, and the screen dims depending on the colors on my screen. Example... I open a website whose home screen is dark colors, and my entire screen dims. I've tried to turn off night light, adaptive brightness... Nothing works. I want it off so I don't have to keep...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when video play in full mood brightness going full

2. brightness decreases watching video window 10

3. watching youtube video can adjust brightness of windows 10