Windows 10: Windows 10 blocks almost all of my programs

Discus and support Windows 10 blocks almost all of my programs in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Without any apparent reason, Windows started blocking pretty much all of my programs. I could understand if it blocked programs like Cheat Engine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DeBedenHasen, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Windows 10 blocks almost all of my programs

Without any apparent reason, Windows started blocking pretty much all of my programs. I could understand if it blocked programs like Cheat Engine (which it does), but Word, Excel, sometimes even Chrome!?

By the way, it doesn't matter if the program is running or not. Whenever Windows feels like it, it kills the process.

The worst thing is that I don't get any information from the pop-ups. No description except "Contact your system administrator for more information.".

Help? Thanks.

:)

DeBedenHasen, Dec 26, 2017

2. Almost all of my Windows programs won't work. (Windows 10)

I can't use hardly any windows functions. Task Manager won't open, the start menu won't open, the search bar on the task bar doesn't do anything. I CAN use the file explorer, run, and command prompt.
    But I can't use sfc /scannow because that requires running cmd as admin and I can't do that because if I click "run as administrator" nothing pops up. So I can't run ANYTHING as an admin. But every other application works completely fine, (Chrome, Skype, iTunes,
    Steam, any video game I launch etc.) This all started when I enabled Cortana's voice command 2 days ago. That's the ONLY thing I can think of even though it's likely not the issue.

The Midday Moon, Dec 26, 2017
  3. Almost all of my Windows programs won't work. (Windows 10)

Wow it actually **** was Cortana. **** you Microsoft. I restarted my pc again and everything was still broken but then I got a notification asking if I trust this device, I said yes and everything **** works now. Somehow you mother **** actually took away
    all of my admin privileges when I signed in to my Microsoft account on my pc. That's the ONLY way any of this could have happened. What the ACTUAL ****, Microsoft?!!!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?

The Midday Moon, Dec 26, 2017
  4. Eagle51 Win User

Windows 10 blocks almost all of my programs

Eagle51, Dec 26, 2017
  5. Thanks for the link, gonna check it out. But just to tell you something, Windows Defender is completely off! I disabled it using gpedit.

EDIT: Now, after checking I saw that there was nothing I could do there except re-activate WD and enable Periodic Scanning​. What now?

DeBedenHasen, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 blocks almost all of my programs

1. Windows 10 blocks almost all of my programs - Similar Threads - blocks almost programs

2. STORE EXPERIENCE PROGRAM block all installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    STORE EXPERIENCE PROGRAM block all installation: I cant install ALL program even one coming form Microsoft . The Store experience host program even after install anyway start in kind of loop and i cant install ANYTHING. Could yoiu help me please ?...
  3. STORE EXPERIENCE PROGRAM block all installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    STORE EXPERIENCE PROGRAM block all installation: I cant install ALL program even one coming form Microsoft . The Store experience host program even after install anyway start in kind of loop and i cant install ANYTHING. Could yoiu help me please ?...
  4. Administrator? blocking my programs!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator? blocking my programs!: I am just setting up my new HP desktop and when I try to load my printer, which I was already using in Windows 10 on my old computer, I get an error message saying that is being blocked by the Administrator. I am they administrator. Also it will not let me run the Optimize...
  5. (Almost) All Programs Crash

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    (Almost) All Programs Crash: This started about 2 weeks ago. After a restart, it will work fine for a few hours then all of a sudden, whatever program I am in, the screen goes black for a few seconds and all open programs, except for chrome, crash. And I can't get them to run again until I restart....
  6. Almost all programs have a gap to the taskbar

Almost all programs have a gap to the taskbar: Almost all of my windows 10 programs leave a tiny, maybe 10px or less, gap between themselves and the taskbar. I tried maximising the window, making it small, manually adjusting it, nothing helps. There would always be a tiny gap I could see Discord through, which seems to be...
  7. Windows 10 Pro Version 2004 Build 19041.423 almost all programs crash

Windows 10 Pro Version 2004 Build 19041.423 almost all programs crash: I'm at a loss. Friends computer, by the way. Chrome doesn't crash, at least it hasn't yet. But....most other things do. What is found to be not working: -Steam: steam itself won't always load library. Just sit on a blank page. Some steam games won't open, or will open and...
  8. All Programs in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    All Programs in Windows 10: Hi, I was trying to connect my computer using remote desktop connection using the following instruction Start - All Programs - Communications - Remote Desktop Connection. However, I am having difficulty finding the All Programs when I click the Start button. I also tried...
  9. Blocking program

Blocking program: How do I get "Five nights at Freddy's" blocked from my autistic 11 year old boy? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blocking-program/492260f5-b5e3-434e-a474-2b4b36c2dfa6"
  10. Windows Defender behavior changed and now blocking almost all Adobe activity.

Windows Defender behavior changed and now blocking almost all Adobe activity.: I can only imagine this is related to a Windows recent update. I've been doing everything I can to keep up with all the errors in the Event Viewer but everytime I download and install a new Adobe product it hiccups again. While this was troublesome I was dealing with it as...