Windows 10: Windows 10 Build 1903 Update messed up my computer

Discus and support Windows 10 Build 1903 Update messed up my computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Let me tell you my experience and feedback so far for this update. I just installed the May 2019 update. Build 1903. It took 5 hours to install and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mark_malata, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Build 1903 Update messed up my computer

Let me tell you my experience and feedback so far for this update. I just installed the May 2019 update. Build 1903. It took 5 hours to install and start up. When it booted up to desktop, few issues i noticed:

It removed both of my LAN and wireless network drivers so now i couldnt connect to internet

It removed my sound driver

My default apps are no longer working such as all asus preloaded applications

Turn features on and off are no longer loading so i also couldnt try the Windows Sandbox

It deleted all my system settings, system manufacturer details, bios details and system model when i went to dxdiag all of them shows n/a now

My Hardware Details:

Laptop Asus ROG

I upgraded from 1809 to 1903

W10 Pro 64bit

32GB RAM

Display GeForce GTX780M

Dont update yet unless you willing to have a headache.

:)

mark_malata, Jun 7, 2019

2. Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

Hi roblinb

Not listed in the Known.

Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

As far as Wifi any chance it is Qualcom inside USB adapter, if Qualcom then yes known issue.

I might create another user (Local) and when if try again see if this issue occurs on both users.

Would also suggest you run the first 5 steps in this tutorial to see if you have any corruption with current build.

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jun 7, 2019
  3. MrSleazey Win User
    What build version is Windows 10 Update 1903?

My Windows 10 Pro desktop shows "Build 17763.rs5_release.180914.1434" in the lower left corner.

I finally got Windows 10 Feature update version 1903 installed after several tries.

Windows update shows it as installed, and that my Windows installation is up-to-date.

Is this the correct build number for 1903?

MrSleazey, Jun 7, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Build 1903 Update messed up my computer

Windows 10, version 1903 update failure

Hmm, this is Windows 10 1809 which is the most recent release which is now being succeeded by Windows 10 1903.

I would carry out the steps from my initial reply to reset your Windows Update components.

Also review the following:

12 Things You Should Do Before Installing Windows 10

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/prepare-comput...

Have you checked the manufacturers website to determine compatibility?

Check this List to Determine if Your Computer is Compatible with the Windows 10 1903

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wik...

Your configuration might not be listed yet, since it is just rolling out.

Ultimately, I would wait until the ISO file is available then upgrade offline using these steps:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wik...

Information in the above link is sourced from a trusted Microsoft MVP blog.

Andre for Directly, Jun 7, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Build 1903 Update messed up my computer

1. Windows 10 Build 1903 Update messed up my computer - Similar Threads - Build 1903 Update

2. Update messed my computer up!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update messed my computer up!: A couple of weeks ago windows did an update. When it did it made the whole system run extremely slow and sluggish. I did the trouble shooter thing and now I can not get to my pictures ,settings, email, microsoft store, pretty much everything. I right click on the start button...
  3. windows update messes up my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows update messes up my computer: Hello,I accidentally hit update and shutdown, and it messes up my computer. My computer keeps shutting down automatically without me knowing why, earlier it restarted 5x in an hour and I'm not happy with it so I revert the upsares, but it won't help. I suddenly realize that...
  4. Update messed up my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update messed up my computer: After the latest update I woke up to find All but three Desktop icons and all my start menu Icons had disappeared,along with numerous programmes and apps not working, I spent a couple of days trying to rectify the problems, got one or two apps to work, then uninstalled the...
  5. Windows 10 updates messing up my computer.

Windows 10 updates messing up my computer.: Hi. There have not been windows updates for a while which is great because they always spell trouble, over two hours of trouble. The last update was Feb. 28, 2021. I have a Dell Inspiron 3670 desktop. The last update took me four hours to fix. I had a account...
  6. Windows update messed up my computer

Windows update messed up my computer: I updated my computer 12-24-19 and ever since that update i am unable to drag windows such as a google chrome window from one screen to another with my mouse, i cant drag and move the applications on my desktop. I have checked all my drivers, ive cleaned ip my pc, I dont have...
  7. Windows 10 update 10 1903 messed up files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 update 10 1903 messed up files: So, since downloading to the new 1903 update a few programs have failed to launch. example. I use Autodesk sketch book, it asked me to uninstall and re-install which I have done and still won't open Now my whole steam library won't play a single game. anyone else having...
  8. windows update messed up my computer

windows update messed up my computer: Windows 10 Home, version 1903, installed 7/19/2019, OS build 18362.239 Lost my video display settings and had to re-install video driver. Lost my audio settings (headphones, external audio amplifier). Took my about an hour to get it thanks to guidance from internet. Can...
  9. Windows 10 update messed up my computer

Windows 10 update messed up my computer: My system got an update and while I was shutting it down it installed that update. When I started my system next morning it configured my system to the new update and as the system started, to my shock, everything was changed. Right from the font style and size, everything...
  10. windows 10 update messed up my computer

windows 10 update messed up my computer: someone please help me. windows 10 did a forced update on my desktop. now windows 10 will not load. preparing automatic repair stuck and will not go any further microsoft messed up my computer. i work from home. i need my computer fixed. why this happen to me?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows build 1903

2. win 10 build 1903 network to see computors on my network

3. windows update 1903 fucked computer

4. COULD WINDOWS 10 1903 UPDATE BE SLOWING UP MY LAPTOP,
  5. what happens to my soft wares when i upgrade windows 10 version 1903,
  6. i lost my desk top after loading windows 10 1903,
  7. offline windows 10 build 1903 update,
  8. i updated my pc to windows 10 1903 and now cant change. system settngs,
  9. my computer since version 1903 dont work want to change,
  10. the windows update screwed up my computer,
  11. build 1903,