Windows 10: Windows 10 Calculator and other UWP apps crashing

Discus and support Windows 10 Calculator and other UWP apps crashing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Currently having an issue when I launch either Calculator or the Photos app the only apps I really use on Windows 10 it crashes and force closes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Paradoxium, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Calculator and other UWP apps crashing

Currently having an issue when I launch either Calculator or the Photos app the only apps I really use on Windows 10 it crashes and force closes immediately. I tried resetting, reinstalling the apps using powershell commands following this guide here but to no avail. Also tried directly from Settings and doing a reset and complete reinstall from the Microsoft Store.

I recently did a in-place upgrade for Windows 10 and the same issue occurs. I tried doing sfc /scannow, DISM repair, and using the Settings Windows Store Apps troubleshooter. I checked my event viewer and see these errors. I also tried making a brand new user account w/ admin privileges same issue. Tried safe mode same thing.

Calculator App event viewer logs:

Code:
    Photos App event viewer logs:

Code:
    I also tried launching it directly from C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsCalculator_10.1908.0.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Calculator.exe and I get these specific error messages.

Windows 10 Calculator and other UWP apps crashing [​IMG]

winver:

I've tried every other app and they work fine on my PC besides these two apps that I only use the most. Just for testing I've also tried searching for "@{Microsoft.WindowsCalculator" in my Registry Finder program and resetting / deleting all values to see if it would have any type of effect same issue. Of course I made a system restore point / backup before doing so just to see if it would help but still the issue is persisting.

:)

Paradoxium, Nov 2, 2019

2. Microsoft Adds Ability to Block Win32 Apps from Install on Windows 10

Yes, UWP is an interpreter, an app running in UWP can't function without the interpreter. Only the UWP core has access to the actual hardware, the app does not.

By not having direct access to the hardware, they perform slower. UWP has to translate everything and make sure it passes safety and security checks.

If UWP has issues, all of the apps running on top of it also will. I've seen that in early release of Windows 10 where all UWP based, Windows-included apps broke (Edge, Calculator, Mail, etc.). Granted, it was only broke in one user account.

FordGT90Concept, Nov 2, 2019
  3. Error 0x2efd in XMLHttpRequests crashes Hosted Web UWP App

Hi,

i also posted this question in the developer forums, cause it is more appropriate there:

[UWP][HTML]Error 0x2efd in XMLHttpRequests crashes Hosted Web UWP App

But to give you the asked infos:

• It is a self developed Hosted WebApp
    • The Windows is updated, Version in previous post
    • The issue started when i first tested the App offline
    • The troubleshooting steps are all described in my post
    • No Screenshot, cause the app crashes silently, when debugging the Exception comes from the WWAHost
    Greetings

Lars Wolter

LarsWolter, Nov 2, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Calculator and other UWP apps crashing

Calculator app crashing for one specific user on domain

One of our domain users was having an issue with an unrelated program and, since we had very little information to go on, we removed her local profile from the PC and had her start over from scratch. Since then, her calculator app crashes as it's launching.
    It will open a blue window and then immediately close. It still works for other users logged into the same PC though. We have tried the following steps in this order trying to resolve this issue for her:

• Terminated the app
    • Reset the app
    • Performed a Windows update to 1903 (I think it was 1809 previously)
    • Uninstalled then re-installed the app (uninstalling wasn't an option prior to the update)
    • We've tried re-registering the apps using this powershell script:
      • Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)AppXManifest.xml”}
    • Ended the Runtime Broker background process
    • Ran the built in Windows App troubleshooter and rebooted afterwards
    • Ran WSReset.exe

These were most of the solutions I could find by searching. Is there any other possible solution? I don't want to remove and recreate her profile again since that would be a pain for her to do for the second time in two days and it's not guaranteed to
    work since that's what sparked this issue in the first place.

Thanks for any help or suggestions you have.

***Original title: Windows 10 Calculator app crashing as soon as it launches***

AnotherJohnathon, Nov 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Calculator and other UWP apps crashing

1. Windows 10 Calculator and other UWP apps crashing - Similar Threads - Calculator UWP apps

2. Windows 10 20H2 UWP Apps Crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 20H2 UWP Apps Crashing: So I am using Windows 10, and I am facing problems with the Windows 10 UWP Apps, Sometimes they crash, don't work, unresponsive etc. But the other apps e,g Microsoft Edge, .exe apps work. How do I fix those problems with the UWP Apps?...
  3. Windows 10 20H2 UWP Apps Crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 20H2 UWP Apps Crashing: So I am using Windows 10, and I am facing problems with the Windows 10 UWP Apps, Sometimes they crash, don't work, unresponsive etc. But the other apps e,g Microsoft Edge, .exe apps work. How do I fix those problems with the UWP Apps?...
  4. Microsoft Store and many other UWP apps crashes on opening!

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store and many other UWP apps crashes on opening!: I also needing to see the final answer for my bugs! The subjects tell you my computer have a problem! But the normal fix is useless. Can you help me find the advanced repair Microsoft Store?I have asked a time but not works. Here: https://bit.ly/3GaOtXDMaybe someone can help...
  5. Microsoft Store and many other UWP apps crashes on opening!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store and many other UWP apps crashes on opening!: I also needing to see the final answer for my bugs! The subjects tell you my computer have a problem! But the normal fix is useless. Can you help me find the advanced repair Microsoft Store?I have asked a time but not works. Here: https://bit.ly/3GaOtXDMaybe someone can help...
  6. Microsoft Store and many other UWP apps crashes on opening!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store and many other UWP apps crashes on opening!: I wanted to open Microsoft Store and repair other UWP apps, but I tried wsreset.exe, access is denied. Then I tried Get-AppxPackage *windowsstore* Remove-AppxPackage then Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...
  7. Microsoft Store and many other UWP apps crashes on opening!

Microsoft Store and many other UWP apps crashes on opening!: I wanted to open Microsoft Store and repair other UWP apps, but I tried wsreset.exe, access is denied. Then I tried Get-AppxPackage *windowsstore* Remove-AppxPackage then Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...
  8. UWP Apps Crashing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    UWP Apps Crashing: Since upgrading to 1909, I noticed I'm having issues trying to launch some of the Windows Store apps. SO far I've found issues with both the Feedback Hub and Xbox Console Companion (including beta) apps. What happens is that the app will launch for a second, before force...
  9. UWP Calculator app crashes on startup after v1809 -> v1903 update

UWP Calculator app crashes on startup after v1809 -> v1903 update: The above is happening to me. I've already tried the sfc /scannow (possible wrong terminology), resetting the Microsoft Store, doing that PowerShell script that reinstalls all UWP apps, and resetting the app itself. Anyone have any idea why this is happening or how to fix...
  10. Calculator and other app issues

Calculator and other app issues: I recently had an update installed on my laptop for windows 10 before the update I could open up my calculator app and other apps with no issue now that the update is installed I get the error message shown here Screenshot for multiple apps, I browsed the forums and found a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. uwp app closes immediately

2. uwp apps crashing

3. photos.exe Windows.UI.Xaml.dll version: 10.0.18362.449 time stamp: 0xb90db728

4. Windows.UI.Xaml.dll version: 10.0.18362.449 ,
  5. windows.ui.xaml.dll appcrash 10.0.18362.449