Windows 10: Windows 10 Calendar app - removing "Mircosoft account" calendar

Discus and support Windows 10 Calendar app - removing "Mircosoft account" calendar in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have just now reinstalled Windows 10 on my laptop. All seems to have reinstalled fine. The one thing I have identified is that although I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Vernon Hunter-Smith, May 17, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Calendar app - removing "Mircosoft account" calendar

Hello,

I have just now reinstalled Windows 10 on my laptop. All seems to have reinstalled fine.

The one thing I have identified is that although I have not linked my Microsoft account for email and calendar, there is an entry in the calendar app for "Microsoft account". I would like to remove this calendar. It is not apparent how to do this and I have had no luck finding a method for doing this MS forums yet.

Thanks,

Vernon

Windows 10 Calendar app - removing "Mircosoft account" calendar 4f6b1c5f-1cb9-44eb-aa20-29abc7d91d38?upload=true.png

:)

Vernon Hunter-Smith, May 17, 2020
  2. tracit99 Win User

Calendar app showing duplicate calendars

Starting this morning I noticed that the Calendar app was showing duplicate calendars. Normally I have three calendars which are Calendar, Birthdays, and US holidays, but now I have two of each. Anyone else seen this? How to delete/remove the duplicate calendars? As a side note Outlook.com>Calendar shows just the normal three. I have the duplicate calendars on both my laptops. So far I have tried deleting and reinstalling my MS account in Calendar. I have remove and reinstalled Mail and Calendar app. I restored an image from last week and initially they were only the three normal ones, but I guess it synced and now I have all six once again. I signed out into a local account and back to MS account. I spent an hour in a chat with Microsoft Support which is always a treat. So far there has not been a solution. I think it must be a MS server side issue, but I cannot do any thing about that. Maybe some MS maintenance has gone rogue. Your suggestions are welcomed.

Windows 10 Calendar app - removing "Mircosoft account" calendar [​IMG]

tracit99, May 17, 2020
  3. Mooseman Win User
    Remove calendar from Windows 10 Calendar app

I added my outlook.com account which has my primary calendar plus an unwanted calendar. How do I remove this calendar?

When I login to outlook.com the calendar I want to delete does not appear to exist.

How can I delete it?

Note that logging in to the Windows 8 calendar app does not show this unwanted calendar.

Mooseman, May 17, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Calendar app - removing "Mircosoft account" calendar

Windows 10 Calendar App / OUTLOOK.COM

I'm not sure - but setting UAC to default has resolved many issues with UWP Apps. It was a thing to test - unfortunately it did not help with the issue your machine exhibits.

Ok, deselecting the Calendar didn't have any affect either *Sad
    The thought behind that was the Calendar App was hanging on to the Calendar because it was selected.

How did you set up Mail and Calendar account? I asked before, but I might have missed your answer - was it Exchange or Outlook.com?

I forgot to check on my Win10 box - sorry 'bout that. I'll try to remember next time I fire it up.
    I want to check the location of the Calendar App - uninstalling it might not be enough, you might have to rename the App folder to clear the configuration - not sure.

If you want to try uninstalling
    Make a backup of your profile (your User\loginName)
    The easiest thing is to just copy the entire folder to a safe location.

Create a Restore Point

Launch an elevated PowerShell
    Enter the following command line

Get-AppxPackage *windowscommunicationsapps* | Remove-AppxPackageexit PowerShell
    Restart the machine

Launch the MS Store
    Re-install Mail and Calendar App (by Microsoft)
    Store My Library - Install Your Apps from in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

If you have to reconfigure - pick Outlook.com when you set up an account type

I'd rather give a better step-by-step, but that will take a bit of time.
    I'd also like to understand the process to restore the Mail and Calendar config if needed.

Slartybart, May 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Calendar app - removing "Mircosoft account" calendar

1. Windows 10 Calendar app - removing "Mircosoft account" calendar - Similar Threads - Calendar app removing

2. Removing Mailbox/Calendar app !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing Mailbox/Calendar app !: Hi again, just some information about removing Mailbox/Calendar app ! I decided to try the new Outlook mail app which keeps popping up in Mailbox/Calendar. I did not like it for a start, but after some great feedback from John J.D I kept it. The main problem was the...
  3. Removing Mailbox/Calendar app !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing Mailbox/Calendar app !: Hi again, just some information about removing Mailbox/Calendar app ! I decided to try the new Outlook mail app which keeps popping up in Mailbox/Calendar. I did not like it for a start, but after some great feedback from John J.D I kept it. The main problem was the...
  4. Calendar app - Taskbar calendar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Calendar app - Taskbar calendar: The events I create on my android phone, using a gmail account will sync to the calendar app when opened fully from the start menu. These are then visible in the popup menu version of the calendar app which is accessed via the taskbar. Excellent. However the events will not...
  5. Shared Calendar in Calendar App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shared Calendar in Calendar App: Hi All,I am trying to set up the calendar app on Windows so far I used Outlook. My private account is on Office 365. I can add it to the calendar app but did not find yet a way to add shared calendars e.g. my wife's. In Outlook it is shown on the let hand side - not so in the...
  6. Shared Calendar in Calendar App

Shared Calendar in Calendar App: Hi All,I am trying to set up the calendar app on Windows so far I used Outlook. My private account is on Office 365. I can add it to the calendar app but did not find yet a way to add shared calendars e.g. my wife's. In Outlook it is shown on the let hand side - not so in the...
  7. Missing Accounts in Calendar App

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing Accounts in Calendar App: Hi. I've had my Surface Book 2 for about a year now, however, for about a couple of weeks my accounts on the Calendar app have been removed except for my 365 Account. I've been using 2 other gmail accounts as well as a yahoo account but these are now missing. I've gone...
  8. Cannot choose calendar in Windows 10 Calendar App

Cannot choose calendar in Windows 10 Calendar App: I have my hotmail account linked to Windows 10 and I can open the Calendar app to view, and create events. However, I cannot choose my "Birthday" calendar to create a new event in there. I have all the privacy/security settings set to allow apps to see my calendar, I have...
  9. Windows 10 Calendar App - Calendars

Windows 10 Calendar App - Calendars: Hi, I hope its not too much of a FAQ but... In Win10 Calendar app, what are all the calendars on the left? I see Cortana, Outlook and Microsoft Account. Each one has one or more named calendars below them. It seems only the Outlook calendar is able to sync across to my...
  10. support for alternative calendars in the windows 10 calendar app

support for alternative calendars in the windows 10 calendar app: is there any? I am talking about lunar calendars, such as the hebrew lunar calendar. and if there is support, can you schedule a recurring event according to an alternative calendar, like you can in Outlook calendar? Or maybe you can import your Outlook calendar with all its...