Windows 10: windows 10 can i safely remove Windows photo viewer

Discus and support windows 10 can i safely remove Windows photo viewer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am using windows 10 home. I am using the default photo viewer for windows 10. I did find windows phot viewer that was on here. MY data from windows 7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Murf1954, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Murf1954 Win User

windows 10 can i safely remove Windows photo viewer

I am using windows 10 home. I am using the default photo viewer for windows 10. I did find windows phot viewer that was on here. MY data from windows 7 was backed up on this windows 10. All my photos were done with windows phot viewer in windows 7. My question is if i remove windows photo viewer from the registry or remove the app will i lose all of my photos. The problem is when i try to change or remove it i get it can not be changed ecause i am not trusted installer i do not now how to get trusted installer to work on it

:)

Murf1954, Feb 1, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

Odd question, most ask how to restore it. You should not try to remove it, Windows Photo Viewer is included in a clean install of W10, but hidden from use by default. It will happily co-exist with Photos. I like to have it available because it is far quicker to open an image for a quick look, while Photos can be quite slow to open.

If you really want to 'remove' it (more accurately, hide it) then see Step 4 in this tutorial.

Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10

Bree, Feb 1, 2020
  3. iko22 Win User
    How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer?

windows 10 can i safely remove Windows photo viewer [​IMG]

I have downloaded this, and it did not work; photo viewer is not in the list of programs in Open With or Default App. I used option 2 step 3, followed by step 5 to 9.

iko22, Feb 1, 2020
  4. windows 10 can i safely remove Windows photo viewer

Unable to open pictures in Windows Photo Viewer on Windows 10.

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for keeping us updated on the query. We apologize for the delay in response.

Please reply:

• Do you have Windows Photo Viewer files on your PC?
    • Did you check if Windows Photo Viewer is present as a Default application to view photos on your PC?

I suggest you to check if Windows Photo Viewer option is present as a default application to view photos by following steps below:

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Default programs and select the top most search result.
    • Click on the default set photo viewer application under Photo viewer and check if
      Windows Photo Viewer is present under Choose an app window.
    • If yes, click on Windows Photo Viewer, close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Feb 1, 2020
Thema:

1. windows 10 can i safely remove Windows photo viewer - Similar Threads - safely remove photo

2. How Do I Remove Windows Photo Viewer Borders?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How Do I Remove Windows Photo Viewer Borders?: Two days ago my photo viewer suddenly had these horribly thick borders that cut a solid 25% of the picture at the top and bottom. It is absolutely horrid and makes the app pointless to use for edits compared to other online applications. Is there a way to remove this or was...
  3. windows 10 can i safely remove Windows phot viewer

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 can i safely remove Windows phot viewer: I am using windows 10 home. I am using the default photo viewer for windows 10. I did find windows phot viewer that was on here. MY data from windows 7 was backed up on this windows 10. All my photos were done with windows phot viewer in windows 7. My question is if i remove...
  4. Windows 10 & Windows Photo Viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 & Windows Photo Viewer: I have a new installation of Windows 10. I notice that the default application for .TIF files is Windows Photo Viewer. How do I make Windows Photo Viewer the default application for .JPG files as well, as I find Windows 10's "Photos" app very poor....
  5. Windows 10 photo viewer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 photo viewer: Running windows 10 using photo viewer, I'd like to know how to set a default setting of full screen view. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-photo-viewer/8d27fdd5-b8d4-4512-87fc-74a932bf0fcb
  6. Windows 10 photo viewer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 photo viewer: Typical error "Windows Photo Viewer can't display this picture because there might not be enough memory available on your computer. Close some programs that you aren't using or free some hard disk space (if it's almost full), and try again.' - not a memory problem! Only get...
  7. Windows 10 photo viewer

Windows 10 photo viewer: when I try to enlarge a picture in the photo viewer, they window turns transparent. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-photo-viewer/376a2bf0-7c7f-416e-8ab6-125b0e7e44a9
  8. Windows 10 Photo Viewer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Photo Viewer: I'm trying to run the photo viewer that comes with Win10. It will not even open. When I try to run it I get a message that says "This app can't open." Not sure what to do or what information is needed. Thanks, Art...
  9. Windows 10 Photo Viewer

Windows 10 Photo Viewer: I'm looking for a Photo Viewer for Windows 10 Home 64-bit that's as close as possible to that found on Windows 7. I've tried Microsoft Photos on the Windows Store but once I zoom in or make an image I'm viewing full screen, the other options at the top of the screen disappear...
  10. Windows 10 photo viewer

Windows 10 photo viewer: How to show oldest photos first in windows 10 photo viewer Can someone please help me out here on the above.I decided to have a go with the W10 photo app,But failed on how to arrange the viewing I would like to have the windows to show oldest first.Or is it set to show...