Windows 10: Windows 10 change brightness control in Desktop

Discus and support Windows 10 change brightness control in Desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi All, My query is related to Brightness control in Display settings. I find that in windows 10 running on my desktopDell, the brightness does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Parvathi Pradeep, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Windows 10 change brightness control in Desktop

Hi All,

My query is related to Brightness control in Display settings. I find that in windows 10 running on my desktopDell, the brightness does not change when I move the scroll bar, but in the windows 10 installed in my LaptopDell this works. Please note both desktop and laptop do not have ambient light sensor.

I have tried uninstalling monitor and display drivers and reinstalling them. Please, let me know any solutions for this.

Regards,

Parvathi

:)

Parvathi Pradeep, Mar 2, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Brightness Control in Version 1809 Desktop?

Windows 10 change brightness control in Desktop [​IMG]

From 1809 Build 17763.557 on a laptop

From here in Settings:

Windows 10 change brightness control in Desktop [​IMG]

Adjust Screen Brightness in Windows 10
    Tutorial- note this refers to laptops or tablets.
    (I don't have a desktop, so someone with a desktop will most likely comment further).

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/...een-brightness
    An interesting option: this free utility - although better known for volume control using the scroll wheel- also has an option for controlling brighness using a key plus scroll wheel which you can configure. (Unless something else is wrong of course)
    Volumouse - control the sound volume with a wheel mouse

dalchina, Mar 2, 2020
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Brightness Control not working in Windows 10

Hi Ella,

To adjust the brightness, see the steps below:

• Go back to Power Options, and tick on the High performance.
    • See if you can adjust the brightness.

If this not work, we highly suggest that you create an Administrator account, and re-do the steps above.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Mar 2, 2020
  4. Windows 10 change brightness control in Desktop

monitor brightness?

Hi Tom,

To change your Windows 10 monitor brightness, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo; then, search for Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Choose Power Options.
    • On the next screen you should see brightness slider at the bottom of the Control Panel window.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 change brightness control in Desktop

1. Windows 10 change brightness control in Desktop - Similar Threads - change brightness control

2. Desktop Monitor Brightness Control Software

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Monitor Brightness Control Software: Im currently using this monitor and its been great for my photo editing. However, I find the brightness i need to use once color calibrated is too much once leaving my editing software. I can obviously change the brightness control utilizing the joystick like control button...
  3. How to Control Brightness in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Control Brightness in Windows 10: The brightness of my computer is breaking again and again. It stays bright, after few seconds, it goes less bright and again full bright. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-control-brightness-in-windows-10/d63c43c6-f3f1-4bf6-bbaf-f0c9b459598a
  4. No brightness controls Windows 10

No brightness controls Windows 10: Just got a new all in one HP Eliteone 1000 seems that windows does not have brightens adjustment controls. Have looked through some posts and videos and have all the updates with Windows and the HP. Nothing helps. There is no brightens controls in Display settings...
  5. Changing brightness on desktop monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Changing brightness on desktop monitors: Why is there no brightness slider for external monitors..? Instead of using the buttons maybe windows could be able to create a black colour covering the whole screen, the brightness could be changed depending the what opactity the black mask is. The back light will be the...
  6. Windows 10 - No brightness control

Windows 10 - No brightness control: I have searched for 3 hours to find a way to lower the brightness on my computer and can't. I just downloaded Window's 10 onto the new desktop I just built and I have updated all of the display drivers twice and even tried using 3rd party applications, and Microsoft's...
  7. Unable to change brightness Windows 10 - No brightness controls/slider

Unable to change brightness Windows 10 - No brightness controls/slider: I have been unable to adjust my brightness on my laptop. It seems like anything related to the idea of "brightness" has been wiped from my computer: no brightness slider in display settings, no slider in the Action Center, can't use my keyboard shortcuts (Fn + F11/F12), and...
  8. Brightness Control in Version 1809 Desktop?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Brightness Control in Version 1809 Desktop?: Hello: I gather there isnt a brightness slider in the action center in Version 1809--though its been added to 1903. However, Ive seen that one of those rectangular panelsin the Action Center is supposed to offer a way of calibrating brightness in 1809. It's supposed to have...
  9. Desktop brightness control from within windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Desktop brightness control from within windows: Why is it, even after 34 years since the birth of Windows, there is no way to control desktop monitor brightness from within Windows without reaching monitor's control button?...
  10. Windows 10 brightness control

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 brightness control: I have windows 10 on surface laptop and i have noticed that the brightness changes automatically based on the background that you currently have on the screen. I have unchecked the box where it says "change brightness automatically when when lightning changes" in the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change windows 10 brightness desktop

2. windows 10 desktop brightness control