Windows 10: Windows 10 Change installation date on programs

Discus and support Windows 10 Change installation date on programs in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,i'm new here and also my language is Roumania,,so my english is bad. I have a weird problem with Windows 10 Pro x64,that problem appear with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MariusPetran, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Windows 10 Change installation date on programs

Hello,i'm new here and also my language is Roumania,,so my english is bad.
    I have a weird problem with Windows 10 Pro x64,that problem appear with the launch of TH2 (1511),Windows change the instalation date on some programs,and after some investigation,i realized that there is some process introduced with TH2,now i need to fiind that process,and delay it to specific date like one time per month,or even disable it if posible.

I make an screenshot here,all my programs was installed "officially" on 14-15 september,and as you can see the Windows change some dates on 16 September,even if that program was installed on 14.09,and there was no modification or update.

Windows 10 Change installation date on programs [​IMG]

:)

MariusPetran, Sep 17, 2016
  2. NAT8 Win User

how do I change the programs installed to appear in date order on windows 10

how do I change the programs installed to appear in date order on windows 10

3. JohnSci Win User
    Launching exe file change its timestamp (modified date)

As originally reported Windows 10 changes the modified date to the present date/time upon launching any installer.exe file.

No previous version of Windows has ever changed the modified date upon running an installation program.

This behavior is all wrong and MICROSOFT NEED TO FIX THIS NOW!!!

This can easily be replicated with any installer file, eg. download a software installer.exe file, check the modified date, install the software five minutes later, recheck the modified date on the installer.exe.

If you Sync your software installers between drives, you will quickly see that every program thats been installed has the modified date changed to the time of installation.

MICROSOFT FIX THIS BUG NOW!!!

PS. how did this one escape their quality checks???

JohnSci, Sep 17, 2016
  4. zooburner Win User

Windows 10 Change installation date on programs

Hi there

I notice apart from Opera they are games, if you are anything like me i tend to install in the following order.

1) Windows (of course)
    2) Updates
    3) Most used programs (like office and Photoshop perhaps)
    4) Games and other less important programs

I find doing a full install often takes me a full day and over the midnight mark making some programs look as if they were installed the following day, have you done this ?
    Also is.. or was your PC clock set correctly ?

zoo

zooburner, Sep 17, 2016
  5. Hi zoo,yes i installed windows,drivers, updates then finally programs/games,the latest modification like installing/updating some programs was on 15.09,so i think windows decided itself to make some changes without my permision,and thats why i come here,maybe you guys help me to resolve this problems,we have to find that settings/process and disabled it/delay.

MariusPetran, Sep 17, 2016
  6. Hello ? can you guys help me with this problem ?

MariusPetran, Sep 19, 2016
  7. After a lot of research i discovered what changed installation date on some programs -> Automatic Maintenance so i disabled it and run it mannually one time per month.

MariusPetran, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Change installation date on programs

1. Windows 10 Change installation date on programs - Similar Threads - Change installation date

2. How to find the Installation date for apps and programs on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to find the Installation date for apps and programs on Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you want to find out when a software or app was installed in […] This article How to find the Installation date for apps and programs on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  3. is there away to change a programs date and time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is there away to change a programs date and time: Hello, I have a program that is kind of old and it will not install or run innless I change the systems date and time. Is there a way to change just the programs date and time with out having to change the hole systems date and time every time I want to use it? Thanks :)...
  4. Changing dates on photos with wrong dates in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing dates on photos with wrong dates in Windows 10: I cannot get Windows 10 to let me change the dates on photos that are wrong. I cannot get Photo Gallery or Windows Essentials 2012. I cannot see where I can open a dialoque box that allows me to open up a box for date taken and not date created....
  5. windows 10 changes ‘date taken’ date.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 changes ‘date taken’ date.: Windows photo editor 10 has changed the date taken date to when I modified the photo with edits. How do I get original “date taken “date back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-changes-date-taken-date/8f1cfce8-7af4-4e75-afba-d5a8f52b7ec8
  6. Installed Program Dates Have Changed?

Installed Program Dates Have Changed?: I noticed the installation dates of about 12 programs and drivers have been changed to 24/12/15 in Control Panel / Programs & Features (see screen shot). I haven't made any changes and Reliability Monitor does not show any automatic updates. The programs still work. What...
  7. Installed programs - wrong install dates

Installed programs - wrong install dates: Is this another consequence of the recent flawed Win 10 update(s)? In my list of 214 installed programs (Settings > Apps > Apps & Features) about 150 are shown with install dates of 21/1/2018. That's the date I installed version 1709, including buggy KB4056892 which I've...
  8. Wrong Program Installation Dates!

Wrong Program Installation Dates!: I upgraded to Windows 10 a week ago. I noticed in Control Panel / Programs & Features that about 30 programs have an "Installed On" date of yesterday when they were actually installed ages ago and another 20 or so programs have an "Installed On" date of 10 June when I...
  9. Programs installed on date keep changing

in Windows 10 Support
    Programs installed on date keep changing: In add/remove programs I noticed 3 different times this happened, like 8 random programs install date will jump to the current date even though they had been installed for weeks already. It's not really causing any issues, just curious whats causing it to happen. I tried...
  10. Change Date in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Date in Windows 10: How to: Change Date in Windows 10 How to Change the Date in Windows 10 A calendar date is a reference to a particular day represented within a calendar system. The calendar date allows the specific day to be identified. This tutorial will show you different ways on...