Windows 10: Windows 10 Complete Reset and File Deletion without Initiation

Discus and support Windows 10 Complete Reset and File Deletion without Initiation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A couple days ago, my computer just completely reset itself after a Windows update 2/27 during nighttime regular maintenance installs. One old program... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JStevens_7, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Complete Reset and File Deletion without Initiation

A couple days ago, my computer just completely reset itself after a Windows update 2/27 during nighttime regular maintenance installs. One old program I installed was left Google Earth, and some folders created by old programs all contents emptied. All personal data and software were essentially lost. I started to rebuild the best I could from a old data backup, but that night all my files were wiped again. I just created a single file in "Documents" and restarted. The file was deleted again - ugh. Things I noticed after the initial reset. 1 a huge increase in disk space the files are really gone, 2 no hidden files, 3 all restore points were gone too I had many just in case, 4 the computer remembered my logon, and it did not take me through the standard startup asking question like "preferred language", etc.

The update history says for 27FEB: Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909, 020-KB4534132 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 , version 1909, Security Update for Adobe Flash Player, KB4532693 OS Builds 18362.657 and 18363.657.

Any ideas what could be happening and how to stop this behavior?

:)

JStevens_7, Feb 29, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 29, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    Windows 10 reset on a Star Wars special edition notebook

There's no need to reset the laptop. Simply create a new user account for you, change its account type to administrator (all new accounts after the first initial one are standard accounts when created), sign out from the original account, sign in to your new account and finally remove the original account. Takes a few minutes, much faster than a full reset.

4. MohanC Win User

Windows 10 Complete Reset and File Deletion without Initiation

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Complete Reset and File Deletion without Initiation

1. Windows 10 Complete Reset and File Deletion without Initiation - Similar Threads - Complete Reset File

2. HOW DO YOU DELETE ONE DRIVE COMPLETELY WITHOUT DELETEING THE FILES WITHIN IT. IT IS...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HOW DO YOU DELETE ONE DRIVE COMPLETELY WITHOUT DELETEING THE FILES WITHIN IT. IT IS...: HOW DO YOU DELETE ONE DRIVE COMPLETELY WITHOUT DELETEING THE FILES WITHIN IT. IT IS DETRIMENTAL TO ANYONE'S SYSTEM. HOWEVER, IT APPEARS TO BE A GOOD SOURCE OF REVENUE FOR MICROSOFT AND THAT IS ALL IT IS!!...
  3. HOW DO YOU DELETE ONE DRIVE COMPLETELY WITHOUT DELETEING THE FILES WITHIN IT. IT IS...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW DO YOU DELETE ONE DRIVE COMPLETELY WITHOUT DELETEING THE FILES WITHIN IT. IT IS...: HOW DO YOU DELETE ONE DRIVE COMPLETELY WITHOUT DELETEING THE FILES WITHIN IT. IT IS DETRIMENTAL TO ANYONE'S SYSTEM. HOWEVER, IT APPEARS TO BE A GOOD SOURCE OF REVENUE FOR MICROSOFT AND THAT IS ALL IT IS!!...
  4. HOW DO YOU DELETE ONE DRIVE COMPLETELY WITHOUT DELETEING THE FILES WITHIN IT. IT IS...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to delete an exported ics file from Windows 10 calendar without resetting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete an exported ics file from Windows 10 calendar without resetting?: Hi,I want to know how to delete all the events in an exported ics file in Windows 10 calendar without resetting? I've tried googling it and it's too confusing because there's no pictures. A YouTube video would also be good. This is the site I'm using the exported ics file...
  6. Script to completely reset Windows 10 Without User confirmation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Script to completely reset Windows 10 Without User confirmation: Hello Guys, I am trying to build a script in order to reset a bunch of network computers using the WINRE, that's already on the machines. Right now, i use this command: "systemreset factoryreset", but the user still needs to manually select "Keep my files" or "Remove...
  7. Script to completely reset Windows 10 Without User comfirmation

in Windows 10 Support
    Script to completely reset Windows 10 Without User comfirmation: Hello Guys, I am trying to build a script in order to reset a bunch of network computers using the WINRE, that's already on the machines. Right now, i use this command: "systemreset factoryreset", but the user still needs to manually select "Keep my files" or "Remove...
  8. “Reset PC without deleting files” but still deleted files.

“Reset PC without deleting files” but still deleted files.: I recently reset my PC without deleting files to resolve an issue i have been having with my keyboard. It not only did not resolve my issues, but it did not save my files either. Any possible ways to recover them? I have tried a few things but figured I would go here next....
  9. Reset PC without deleting personal files

Reset PC without deleting personal files: I have tried many times to reset my PC without deleting my personal files but every time I got the same error message at around 50% of the resetting process. "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made." Please help me! * Want to reset pc but don't want...
  10. Reset PC without deleting personal files

Reset PC without deleting personal files: I have a question about the reset PC and keeping personal data does it delete programs and there data too or does it delete apps? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-pc-without-deleting-personal-files/627eec92-5065-4137-afbf-9e64a24bfbe5