Windows 10: Windows 10 crashes while using web browsers

Discus and support Windows 10 crashes while using web browsers in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I cannot figure out why my Windows 10 *seems* to crash while using web browsers. I am not 100% sure whether web browser cause it but my PC has always... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by menteith, Apr 6, 2017.

1. menteith Win User

Windows 10 crashes while using web browsers

I cannot figure out why my Windows 10 *seems* to crash while using web browsers. I am not 100% sure whether web browser cause it but my PC has always crashed when using a web browser. My PC crashes while I use Firefox, Chrome and Opera and I think it happens when I open a few tabs (4-5) at the same time. PC freezes (no black screen, no blue screen, just freezing). It seems that crashing is caused by web browsers and is not related to hardware because I run Prime95 for ~15 hours and my PC didn't crash. I also run memtest86 for 3 hours and without any errors. How do I troubleshoot this issue further?

:)

menteith, Apr 6, 2017
  2. sebkoch Win User

E72 frequent crashes

Hi,

Mine also crashes while reading some web sites (web browser closes itself sometimes).

sebkoch, Apr 6, 2017
  3. Accessing Bank of America website

Hello,

While using Microsoft Edge, or Mozilla Firefox as web browsers, I can get to the login screen for Bank of America.

Once I enter my user name and password, the web browser will lock up and not do anything.

It is very frustrating, since I have been forced to use Windows 10 after my Windows Vista machine crashed yesterday.

I called my ISP and they say my Internet connection is functioning properly (DSL) and there have been no issues in the past with my VISTA OS accessing Bank of America web page.

Please assist me.

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

kevinkenneally, Apr 6, 2017
  4. Windows 10 crashes while using web browsers

Sorry did not realize I was in this thread.

Josey Wales, Apr 6, 2017
  5. Ztruker Win User
    Looks liek you are getting some kind of a hardware failure. The event log shows this:
    Code: Event[5490]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger Date: 2017-04-06T23:16:13.352 Event ID: 19 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-19 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE Computer: asus Description: A corrected hardware error has occurred. Reported by component: Processor Core Error Source: Corrected Machine Check Error Type: Internal parity error Processor APIC ID: 2[/quote] There are 40 or 50 of these in the event log so it's serious. Most likely cause is a defective CPU.

===================================================
    Follow this tutorial to stress test your CPU:
    Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU - Windows 10 Forums

Without any dumps to look at it's very hard to debug a problem like this.

Please make sure your PC is configured for small dump files:

How to Configure Windows 10 to Create Dump Files on BSOD

Ztruker, Apr 6, 2017
  6. menteith Win User
    I have configured my PC according to the tutorial and I'm going to run Prime95 as you asked me to.

EDIT

I made my PC crashed two times. However, Windows seems not to create mini dump files even thought I did everything according to the tutorial. I changed name of my CCleaner, so that it doesn't start when Windows boot and it doesn't delete mini dumps. I attached additional logs.

menteith, Apr 6, 2017
  7. Ztruker Win User
    See if you have a file called C:\Windows\memory.dmp. If yes, zip it to your Desktop then upload to a file sharing site like OneDrive and post a link to it here.

Event log again shows the same hardware error so it looks like you have a defective CPU. The only fix I know of is to replace it.
    You could try removing and reinserting it, then clean all the thermal paste off it and the heat sink then add new thermal paste, see if that helps.

Ztruker, Apr 7, 2017
  8. menteith Win User

Thank you for your explanations. I don't have this file on my computer. Since I have a laptop with non-socked CPU, I will try to clean the motherboard and see if it helps. Again, many thanks for your help.

menteith, Apr 8, 2017
  9. Ztruker Win User
    Ah, sorry, I forgot you had a laptop. Still might be worthwhile cleaning and applying new thermal paste to the CPU heat sink.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 crashes while using web browsers - Similar Threads - crashes while using

2. All Web Browsers Crash - Mail Crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Web Browsers Crash - Mail Crashes: This summer I started to encounter 'Ah Snap Status_Access_Violations' while using Microsoft Edge. These instances were rare, but the frequency of instances steadily increased. Refreshing pages multiple times would sometimes allow the page to be viewed, and sometimes a new...
  3. All Web Browsers Crash - Mail Crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All Web Browsers Crash - Mail Crashes: This summer I started to encounter 'Ah Snap Status_Access_Violations' while using Microsoft Edge. These instances were rare, but the frequency of instances steadily increased. Refreshing pages multiple times would sometimes allow the page to be viewed, and sometimes a new...
  4. All Web Browsers Crash - Mail Crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 crash when opening web browsers

Windows 10 crash when opening web browsers: Hello,I have a problem when opening web browsers,windows just crashes, black screen comes up and only solution is to shutdown PC with button and push the button twice after few second to turn it ON.I used Chrome, uninstalled it but it didn't help, tried with Edge and same...
  6. all web browsers freeze and crash windows 10

all web browsers freeze and crash windows 10: All of my web browswers - Edge, Opera, Chrome, Firefox - will freeze and then crash on my Windows 10 OS build 18363.1256 v1909 installed 2020.05.13. Needless to say, this is maddening if I can't depend on any of the web browsers, so I can only assume its the OS or the...
  7. Windows 10 crashing while use

Windows 10 crashing while use: All of a sudden, my windows is getting stuck and I couldn't use any of the Microsoft applications including the settings. When I restart it's taking to a screen to troubleshoot, but no option seems to be helping. I couldn't reset the PC. Couldn't restart in safe mode as...
  8. Web browser crashes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Web browser crashes: When using the utility bar, typing in a web browser search and hitting enter causes the web page to attempt to load and then crashes. Then it brings up my home page and I have to retype the inquiry. All my web browsers do this. I have reset the network settings, I have...
  9. All web browsers keep crashing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All web browsers keep crashing: Hello, All my browsers (google chrome, firefox, internet explorer) keep crashing on Windows 8.1. I've disabled all add-ons, I've run a virus check and still can't seem to fix the problem. The error message I get on internet explorer is: Windows Data Execution Prevention...
  10. Web Browser Crash on Certain Sites

in Browsers and Email
    Web Browser Crash on Certain Sites: TL;DR - All web browser close when I try to log into my WoW account ( Battle.net Account Login ) On Tuesday, 05Jul16, morning I tried to open my battle.net launcher and it stated that I couldn't connect to the battle.net severs. I went onto the blizzard forums and tried to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc crashes using opera

2. w2in crashes while using

3. snipping tool crashes on bank website