Windows 10: Windows 10 Crashing after waking up from sleep

Discus and support Windows 10 Crashing after waking up from sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; This happens every time I try to wake up my desktop from sleep. When I try to wake it up from sleep, the system crashes it tells me "Your PC ran into a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JesusRodriguezCM, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Crashing after waking up from sleep

This happens every time I try to wake up my desktop from sleep. When I try to wake it up from sleep, the system crashes it tells me "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart". But once it restarts after collecting the data it tells me that "Windows wasn't loaded correctly" but every option I choose it just goes back into "Windows wasn't loaded correctly" until it no longer posts on my monitor.

I have a Ryzen 5 2600 Processor, a B450 Tomahawk motherboard, an XFX Radeon Rx 5700 GPU, along with G.Skill Aegis DDR4 3000MHz 2x8gb.

:)

JesusRodriguezCM, Jan 10, 2020

2. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 10, 2020
  3. Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Jan 10, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 Crashing after waking up from sleep

Stay in sleep and wake with spacebar

Hi, you can disable hibernation if you wish:
    Enable or Disable Hibernate in Windows 10

This depends what devices are able to wake your PC. You can list these:

Powercfg /devicequery /.......
    Description:
    Returns a list of devices that meet the specified criteria.

Parameter List:
    <QUERYFLAG> Specifies one of the following criteria:

wake_from_S1_supported ....Return all devices that support waking the system
    from a light sleep state.
    wake_from_S2_supported ....Return all devices that support waking the system
    from a deeper sleep state.
    wake_from_S3_supported ....Return all devices that support waking the system
    from the deepest sleep state.
    wake_from_any ......................Return all devices that support waking the system
    from any sleep state.

S1_supported List devices supporting light sleep.
    S2_supported List devices supporting deeper sleep.
    S3_supported List devices supporting deepest sleep.
    S4_supported List devices supporting hibernation.
    wake_programmable List devices that are user-configurable to wake
    the system from a sleep state.
    wake_armed List devices that are currently configured to
    wake the system from any sleep state.
    all_devices Return all devices present in the system.

Examples:
    POWERCFG /DEVICEQUERY wake_armed

dalchina, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Crashing after waking up from sleep

1. Windows 10 Crashing after waking up from sleep - Similar Threads - Crashing waking sleep

2. Windows 10 Crashes after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Crashes after waking up from sleep: My Windows 10 keep crashes whenever it goes to sleep. When I try to wake the system from sleep, it shows some error and restarts. I thought the battery's health could be the issue. So I looked on the internet and followed the steps. Links...
  3. Windows 10 Crashes after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Crashes after waking up from sleep: My Windows 10 keep crashes whenever it goes to sleep. When I try to wake the system from sleep, it shows some error and restarts. I thought the battery's health could be the issue. So I looked on the internet and followed the steps. Links...
  4. Windows 10 Crashes after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Crash After Waking From Sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crash After Waking From Sleep: I got a crash after waking from sleep and I got this from the windows dump file using windbg. What is causing this error?Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.21349.1004 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading Dump File...
  6. Windows 10 freezing after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 freezing after waking up from sleep: Hi Every time my laptop goes automatically to sleep, it freezes when I wake it up black screen, unresponsive keyboard/touchpad and no fan noise. Only the power LED is on. I have to force reboot every time, losing all my work. I tried disabling fast star-up and hybrid...
  7. After waking up from sleep

After waking up from sleep: After waking up from sleep, how do I require a password sign-in. I don't want anyone to wake up my computer and see my desktop. Want to require my password to be entered to get access....
  8. Windows 10 BSOD after wake up from sleep

Windows 10 BSOD after wake up from sleep: Hi, my 1st post here - I've been mac user for years and just bought a new Windows PC from Dell. However, the system seems always crash with blue screen and alternates between the following 2 errors: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE happens about 3-5 minutes after wake...
  9. Windows 10 Crashes after waking from sleep mode

Windows 10 Crashes after waking from sleep mode: Hello, I recently upgraded from Win7 to Win10, and I have an issue with the PC rebooting when it wakes from sleep mode. I did some searching online and it seemed like the most likely cause was the graphics driver, so I have updated that and several others through Driver...
  10. Windows 10 crashes after waking up from Sleep

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 crashes after waking up from Sleep: [ATTACH] If one of the recent updates or upgrade to Windows 10 PC results in getting a Blue Screen as soon as you wake it from Sleep, then it’s a clear case that your driver is causing an issue. In a [...] This post Windows 10 crashes after waking up from Sleep is from...