Windows 10: Windows 10 Creators Update no longer automatically updating

Discus and support Windows 10 Creators Update no longer automatically updating in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Version 1703 (OS Build 15063.540) HP Pavilion Laptop / 8GB Ram / 1TB HDD / Intel Core i3. For the last three days, Windows is no longer checking for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AndrewDG62, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Windows 10 Creators Update no longer automatically updating

Version 1703 (OS Build 15063.540) HP Pavilion Laptop / 8GB Ram / 1TB HDD / Intel Core i3.

For the last three days, Windows is no longer checking for updates (Defender or others) I am now having to manually click the Check for Updates button in Update and Security. I have looked on Microsoft's (non helpful) support and can't seem to find a proper answer or fix to this issue. I know it's no big deal to manually check, but should I have to keep doing this all the time ?

:)

AndrewDG62, Aug 23, 2017

2. Automatic driver install

Hi,

I would like to know how I can stop Windows 10 fall creators update from installing drivers automatically. After the latest update it is no longer located in system/about. I need to clean install my GPU driver and Windows continues to install the
    driver automatically. Thanks.

Random-Jay, Aug 23, 2017
  3. About Windows 10 creator update

I have updated my Windows 10 to Creator update. Since then my pc has slow down considerably. WiFi disconnects automatically. Startup is also take few minutes longer than usual. Does anybody have an answer?

Kanishka460, Aug 23, 2017
  4. Windows 10 Creators Update no longer automatically updating

Hi Andrew. Welcome to the TenForums @AndrewDG62

I would suggest you try this procedure to reset Window Updates.

Reset Windows Update in Windows 10

I assume you did not make any changes like setting connection to Metered Connection, correct?

I recommend you have a data backup and even create a system Image with a tool like Macrium Reflect. You always want a plan "B".

Ken

Caledon Ken, Aug 24, 2017
  5. Hi and thanks for the welcome. Everything is at default since updating to the creators update and it's only been the last few days I have had this issue. I follow the walk through in the link you provided when I'm at my laptop later this evening and will report back

AndrewDG62, Aug 24, 2017
  6. Windows did an automatic check for updates this evening without any intervention from me...Strange world of windows.

AndrewDG62, Aug 24, 2017
  7. That it is.

Glad its working.Please mark your thread solved when you get a moment.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Aug 25, 2017
  8. Mooly Win User

Windows 10 Creators Update no longer automatically updating

Mine has been the same. Last update check was on the 24th at around 6pm. PC was used for a couple of hours morning of 25th, a couple of hours around lunchtime and most of the evening. No update check. Today and it was the same, finally auto checking a couple of hours ago.

Some days I get at least two auto update checks although I suspect that is tied to whether I run a disk clean and then do a restart. That often seems to trigger a check.

Mooly, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Creators Update no longer automatically updating

1. Windows 10 Creators Update no longer automatically updating - Similar Threads - Creators Update longer

2. Windows Update no longer automatically updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update no longer automatically updating: After installing KB4052623 on Dec 7 2023, Windows Update no longer automatically updates. It will automatically check for updates and then say "You're up to date", but no security updates actually get downloaded/installed. When I manually press "Check for updates", the...
  3. Windows Update no longer automatically updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update no longer automatically updating: After installing KB4052623 on Dec 7 2023, Windows Update no longer automatically updates. It will automatically check for updates and then say "You're up to date", but no security updates actually get downloaded/installed. When I manually press "Check for updates", the...
  4. Windows creator update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows creator update: Hello, I have been having really big issues (fps drops and freezing) since the windows fall creators update. It has been more than a year and there is no fix for that yet. I would like to ask, if Microsoft does care about their costumers, because I am more than very sure,...
  5. Windows 10 creator update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 creator update: I still do not get this update, is it normal? 84821
  6. Creators Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Creators Update: I don't particularly want to do a manual download but am I the only one that hasn't received the Creator's Update yet? I also read somewhere that certain applications running on a computer might stop the update from downloading. 89939
  7. With Creators update monitors no longer actually turn off?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    With Creators update monitors no longer actually turn off?: After updating my Win 10 to CU I find that when I leave my PC for 10 minutes or more (control panel power options set to disable monitors after 10 minutes of standby) my displays just display black color instead of actually going into standby mode. They obviously don't save...
  8. Windows 10 creator update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 creator update: I have just bought new laptop HP Elitebook X360 , which come with win 10 pro , I want to know if updating to windows 10 creator will remove my pre installed app and programs that came with it from HP company or not ! As it has many security features and drivers that I...
  9. Windows 10 Creators Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Creators Update: Hello,I am willing to try another more time (this will be the last try) to update my system.As you already know, my system is Windows 10, originally installed the Hebrew version and tailored on it the English language.Also installed Office 2007 and other programs...
  10. Windows 10 Creators Update and Creators Update SDK are Released

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Creators Update and Creators Update SDK are Released: This is a big day! Today we opened access to download the Windows 10 Creators Update and, along with it, the Creators Update SDK. And today is a great day for all Windows developers to get the SDK and start building amazing apps that take advantage of new platform...