Windows 10: Windows 10 Data Usage

Discus and support Windows 10 Data Usage in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Is there a way to view all time data usage? I'd like to view how much data my computer has used since I installed Windows 10. I know there is the 30... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NoahW., Feb 18, 2019.

1. NoahW. Win User

Windows 10 Data Usage

Is there a way to view all time data usage? I'd like to view how much data my computer has used since I installed Windows 10. I know there is the 30 day monitoring but I'm looking for all time. Thanks in advance.

:)

NoahW., Feb 18, 2019
  2. dodgybro Win User

Data usage on Windows 10

THE ANSWER YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WANTING

Windows 10 includes a feature to let you view the network data usage of the PC from the last 30 days. The data usage is itemized per type of network (ex: Wi-Fi or Ethernet), and by app usage.

Kindly follow the below steps to reset network data usage back to "ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO" as needed in Windows 10.

Note: You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to reset network data usage.

• Temporarily disable your active network adapter(s), or start Windows into safe mode.
    • Open File Explorer, browse to the C:\Windows\System32\sru folder, and open it.
    • Delete all contents inside the sru folder.
    • Enable your active network adapter(s) again, or start Windows back into normal mode.

This will reset all COUNTERS, I suggest copy pasting the directions into a wordpad doc or the like and keep for whenever you wish to reset manually.

Only counters I used in Windows 7, were the right click properties of my network device. Disconnection of the device deleted all of that sessions counter data, and CC Cleaner was used to clean all cache files from windows etc.

dodgybro, Feb 18, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Data card usage in windows 10

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps to check which application is using Data.

• Open the Settings app, and click/tap on the
      Network & Internet icon.

• Click/tap on Data usage on the left side. You will now see a general overview of the network data usage from the last 30 days on your PC.

• Click/tap on the Usage details link on the right side under
      Overview.

• You will now see how much network data has been used by each app from the last 30 days.

After that go to task manager and End Task the Application which uses the internet.

• Press ctrl +shift +Esc to open Task manger.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Feb 18, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Data Usage

Windows 10 extreme data usage

Thank you for responding. We would like to request an additional detail so we can further investigate the issue regarding excessive data consumption. Windows 10 normally consumes more data when installing updates to help your PC perform better. To monitor
    the data consumption, may we ask for a screenshot of the App history so we can identify which app is consuming the most data? Follow the steps below:

• In the Windows Search bar, type Task Manager.
    • Open the Task Manager in the search result.
    • Go to the App history tab and check the data consumption difference between
      Network and Metered Network.

Additionally, you may also find more details by going to the Settings app.

• Open Settings app.
    • Click Network & Internet.
    • Go to Data usage tab and click the Usage details link to view all data usage per app ( Both built-in and installed )
    • Once you find the culprit, kindly provide us a screenshot.

We will wait for your response.

Jennifer Cha, Feb 18, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Data Usage

1. Windows 10 Data Usage - Similar Threads - Data Usage

2. My data usage statistics is not showing. How can i fix that?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My data usage statistics is not showing. How can i fix that?: My data usage and data usage statistics is not showing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-data-usage-statistics-is-not-showing-how-can-i/5af93a6a-0fda-489e-a89e-becf0acec7bc
  3. My data usage statistics is not showing. How can i fix that?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My data usage statistics is not showing. How can i fix that?: My data usage and data usage statistics is not showing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-data-usage-statistics-is-not-showing-how-can-i/5af93a6a-0fda-489e-a89e-becf0acec7bc
  4. How to reduce heavy data usage on a laptop on metered connections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reduce heavy data usage on a laptop on metered connections: Recently, I have started facing heavy data usage issues. Whenever I connect my laptop's wifi to my mobile hotspot, it consumes a lot of data even though my device is set as metered connection in my laptop. Under 5 minutes the "Data used by connected device" on my mobile read...
  5. How to reduce heavy data usage on a laptop on metered connections

How to reduce heavy data usage on a laptop on metered connections: Recently, I have started facing heavy data usage issues. Whenever I connect my laptop's wifi to my mobile hotspot, it consumes a lot of data even though my device is set as metered connection in my laptop. Under 5 minutes the "Data used by connected device" on my mobile read...
  6. How to know the data download/upload from Data Usage?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to know the data download/upload from Data Usage?: Hello,I found that my PC is uploading data more than downloading data from the Internet Via the modern statistics report- it is around 6x. I want to understand what is application send them through the internet to make sure my PC doesn't have a Virus or something.However,...
  7. How to know the data download/upload from Data Usage?

How to know the data download/upload from Data Usage?: Hello,I found that my PC is uploading data more than downloading data from the Internet Via the modern statistics report- it is around 6x. I want to understand what is application send them through the internet to make sure my PC doesn't have a Virus or something.However,...
  8. Why is my windows 11 pro not providing a selection for data usage?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my windows 11 pro not providing a selection for data usage?: I want to track my wifi data usage but there is no data usage selection tab under network and internet>advanced settings. Is it disabled or something? Why can I not locate a selection for data usage anywhere?...
  9. Why is my windows 11 pro not providing a selection for data usage?

Why is my windows 11 pro not providing a selection for data usage?: I want to track my wifi data usage but there is no data usage selection tab under network and internet>advanced settings. Is it disabled or something? Why can I not locate a selection for data usage anywhere?...
  10. High data usage of 'host process for windows services'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High data usage of 'host process for windows services': Recently i bought a new acer aspire laptop. For the first week it was ok but after that the data usage was abnormal i am on limited mobile data. I thought it would stop after some days but its not. My whole 2gb data is getting over in a minute. The windows data usage shows...