Windows 10: Windows 10 deleting Photos app, loss of pictures

Discus and support Windows 10 deleting Photos app, loss of pictures in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Tired of the ***** "automatic album", the impossibility to watch the album i create like regular photos and not as a stupid presentation, despered for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DanielaCastrillo, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Windows 10 deleting Photos app, loss of pictures

Tired of the ***** "automatic album", the impossibility to watch the album i create like regular photos and not as a stupid presentation, despered for not easily copy all the pictures on my external device, so i can finally manged my pics as i ***** want, i delete the ***** "app" photo in windows 10 home edition. my question is, so i lose all the pictures there? this ***** operative system its so confusing. i hve the same pictures in differents folders, iphone folder, cloud folder, etc etc.... then i never uderstand what the hell im doing every time i try to organize my pictures!! I HATE THIS OPERATING SYSTEM. ALREADY LOSE SOME PICTURES, THINKING I DOWLOAD FROM MY PHONE, I DISCONNETC THE PHONE, CONFRIM THE PICTURE WERE ON MY PC, THEN NEVER FOUND IT AGAIN!! I HATE YOU!

***Original title: The app "Photo" of windows 10 it's a crap. I foud a way to delete it. My question is, all the 4126 pictures i have there, went lose too??***

:)

DanielaCastrillo, Nov 9, 2018

2. Photo App displaying deleted folder pictures on Windows 10.

Hi Mike,

The above issue might have occur due to the following reasons:

• Photos stored on OneDrive
    • Duplicate of the picture file saved on the computer.
    • Corrupted/missing app files & folders.

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Do you have duplicates of the deleted picture stored on the PC?
    • Have you stored the deleted picture folder on OneDrive?

If you have saved a copy of deleted picture folder on the computer, the photos will be displayed if
    Linked duplicates option is switched to On status in
    Photo app.

Method 1: Follow the steps below to disable
    Linked duplicates option from Photo app and check if the issue is resolved.

• Open Photo app and click on Settings or
      gear icon from the left bottom corner of the app window.
    • From the right side panel, check if Linked duplicates option is switched to
      On status. If yes, slide the bar to Off and check if the changes are effective.

Method 2: If the issue persists, run
    Windows apps troubleshooter to check if the any of the app files are missing or corrupted.

In many cases, the Windows Store will automatically notify you if there’s a problem with an app and try to fix the problem. If you continue experiencing problems with an app, this tool can automatically identify and fix some problems
    with apps and the Store.

Write to us with the status of the Photo app displaying deleted pictures on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Nov 9, 2018
  3. Chris8875 Win User
    Loss of Store, Calculator, People App, Photo App in Windows 10

OK, so I've tried both suggestions above from Brink

The first one: Apps - Reinstall and Re-register in Windows 8 and 10 - zoomed through as per the pictures shown in the link. Got to the end, showed this screen

Windows 10 deleting Photos app, loss of pictures [​IMG]

Went back, tried to open the apps in question - no change.

Second option - Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - I went to the site as directed, downloaded the link to the app, hit YES at the UAC and it didn't do any updating at all. It came up immediately that my copy of Windows was up to date and directed me to exit. No change, nothing fixed.

However, I have taken a second screenshot as below. You'll see on the left in the apps list there's a whole heap of apps which don't work (under my profile, no-one elses) listed under "Other" with codes and what seem to be error messages beside them (they look like package IDs to me, but anyway) . You'll also notice in looking at the tile for the store that there is a code on it which also appears when I endeavour to launch the app.

App then crashes. Similar story with all the other apps.

Windows 10 deleting Photos app, loss of pictures [​IMG]

I'm at a loss to be honest. I thought the second option would work, but it actually downloads nothing at all (maybe the link has changed, I don't know).

Do these screenshots offer any insights?

Thanks so much.

Chris8875, Nov 9, 2018
  4. Windows 10 deleting Photos app, loss of pictures

Can not open jpeg photos with windows 10 (after deleted the pre-installed "Photos" app)

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would like to inform you that if you delete photos app, the pictures that you like to access will open in Windows Photo viewer or the applications which supports the respective format. To open certain images with the apps that you prefer, you will have
    to customize it.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below.

• Right click on the pic that you would like to view.
      • Click on Open With.
      • Click on Choose another app.
      • Choose the app accordingly.
      • Place a check mark on Always use this app to open.jpeg.
    I would also like to inform you that even .jpeg pictures can be open with paint application. To check whether the picture is .jpeg format. I suggest you to right click on the picture and click on properties.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 deleting Photos app, loss of pictures

1. Windows 10 deleting Photos app, loss of pictures - Similar Threads - deleting Photos app

2. Loss of pictures in MS Photo Albums

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Loss of pictures in MS Photo Albums: I use Win 10 MS Photo to order my pictures that are held on my C drive. 'Collection' contains all photos 1963-present. I have created 21 'Albums' that in May contained an ordered set of photos. Today12 June 2022 9 'Albums' have 0 photos with much reduced photo numbers in the...
  3. Loss of pictures in MS Photo Albums

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loss of pictures in MS Photo Albums: I use Win 10 MS Photo to order my pictures that are held on my C drive. 'Collection' contains all photos 1963-present. I have created 21 'Albums' that in May contained an ordered set of photos. Today12 June 2022 9 'Albums' have 0 photos with much reduced photo numbers in the...
  4. photos app and pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    photos app and pictures: Why is it that the photos app duplicates photos into the pictures files? who needs that? The problem is that you cannot move photos to the pictures file or make new folders or choose where you want your pictures to go as it used to be. And why in the world are there two...
  5. photos app and pictures

photos app and pictures: Why is it that the photos app duplicates photos into the pictures files? who needs that? The problem is that you cannot move photos to the pictures file or make new folders or choose where you want your pictures to go as it used to be. And why in the world are there two...
  6. Unable to delete pictures from Photos app

Unable to delete pictures from Photos app: I just downloaded pictures from a backup disc to my new computer. I can't delete individual pictures. Do I have to uninstall the app? can't find any 'settings' to help correct the problem. ***Modified title from: MS photo app. can't delete pictures.***...
  7. MS photo app. can't delete pictures.

MS photo app. can't delete pictures.: I just downloaded pictures from a backup disc to my new computer. I can't delete individual pictures. Do I have to uninstall the app? can't find any 'settings' to help correct the problem....
  8. Loss of Video and Photo files in Photo App.

Loss of Video and Photo files in Photo App.: I shot a video project and imported all of the files too my laptop through the Photos App. A couple days later I go open the Photos app and a lot of my photos and mainly video files were no longer in my Photo collection. When I tried importing more footage through an SD card...
  9. Loss of Store, Calculator, People App, Photo App in Windows 10

Loss of Store, Calculator, People App, Photo App in Windows 10: Hi there - I'm using a Surface 2 Pro running Windows 10 and noticed yesterday that a number of apps are simply not working when I log in using my profile (I am the user administrator on the machine, there are three other normal user accounts - family members) The apps that...
  10. Pictured Are Blurry in Windows 10 Photos App

Pictured Are Blurry in Windows 10 Photos App: Anyone else finding that pictures in the Windows 10 Photos App are blurry? The same pictures are perfect in the Windows Photo Viewer. I'm not sure how to demo it as I don't know how it's going to display on your screen and I'm not sure whether TenForums compresses...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. photos settings windows 10 deleting pictures