Windows 10: Windows 10- Dism

Discus and support Windows 10- Dism in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Dism /Image:C:\offline /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:c:\test\mount\windows? How do i get to this spot? getting code; 0x8007023E-0x2000C *... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jerrybreen1, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Windows 10- Dism

Dism /Image:C:\offline /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:c:\test\mount\windows?

How do i get to this spot?

getting code; 0x8007023E-0x2000C

* Original title: windows 10

:)

jerrybreen1, Sep 29, 2019
  2. Kursah Win User

Windows 10 is excellent but it's easy to break.

If you want some good information, here's some good reading that will hopefully be more helpful than I have been:
    As I said with Windows 10, the Microsoft Download Tool that most download Windows 10 from, in the Sources folder has an Install.ESD instead of Install.WIM. Well unfortunately, for a successful DISM repair using Install.WIM as the check against which your OS will be repaired isn't possible with the ESD file. But you can convert the ESD to WIM using DISM as well! It takes a little bit of time but is worth it to have around when you need it!
    I have debated taking the links and instructions I've shared and add them to a dedicated thread...it is handy to be able to repair your OS instead of wiping and reinstalling as many folks had to do in previous times.

Kursah, Sep 29, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Source to use for DISM on Windows 10

This is not completely true. The suggestion is to download the Techbench version and use DISM to apply to install.wim directly. However, you can also use the version download from MCT except it will involve an extra step as follows:
    1. Use the latest version of 7-Zip to extract the content of install.esd. For example: to a folder xxx on the desktop
    2. From Admin command prompt:
      Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\xxx\windows /LimitAccess

See screen shot, the contents of install.wim and install.esd are exactly the same.

Windows 10- Dism [​IMG]

topgundcp, Sep 29, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10- Dism

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10- Dism

1. Windows 10- Dism - Similar Threads - Dism

2. System corruption. DISM, SFC corrupted.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System corruption. DISM, SFC corrupted.: Hello,I have been having issues with corruption on my operating system.I have tried updating my windows and it hasn't worked. I have tried the Windows Update Troubleshooter, it had done nothing at all. I even system restored.I have tried DISM and SFC, but they are corrupt...
  3. System corruption. DISM, SFC corrupted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System corruption. DISM, SFC corrupted.: Hello,I have been having issues with corruption on my operating system.I have tried updating my windows and it hasn't worked. I have tried the Windows Update Troubleshooter, it had done nothing at all. I even system restored.I have tried DISM and SFC, but they are corrupt...
  4. System corruption. DISM, SFC corrupted.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. DISM Tool Error 3 in PowerISO 8.5

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DISM Tool Error 3 in PowerISO 8.5: Hi,So I was making a WIM image of a VMware virtual hard disk file mounted to my computer in read only mode, and I keep getting Error Code 3 in PowerISO the system cannot find the path specified I've tried it again, and I still getting the same error. I am not sure how to...
  6. DISM Tool Error 3 in PowerISO 8.5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM Tool Error 3 in PowerISO 8.5: Hi,So I was making a WIM image of a VMware virtual hard disk file mounted to my computer in read only mode, and I keep getting Error Code 3 in PowerISO the system cannot find the path specified I've tried it again, and I still getting the same error. I am not sure how to...
  7. DISM Tool Error 3 in PowerISO 8.5

8. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth is stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth is stuck: I opened cmd as administrator and ranDISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealthIt outputtedDeployment Image Servicing and Management toolVersion: 10.0.22621.2794Image Version: 10.0.22631.3374and the cursor is still blinking right underIt's been like this for at least an hour or...
  9. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth is stuck

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth is stuck: I opened cmd as administrator and ranDISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealthIt outputtedDeployment Image Servicing and Management toolVersion: 10.0.22621.2794Image Version: 10.0.22631.3374and the cursor is still blinking right underIt's been like this for at least an hour or...
  10. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth command says "Error: 0x800f0906 The Source...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth command says "Error: 0x800f0906 The Source...: Hello Everyone,My name is Abhishek, and I found Error while Execution of below command and I used cmd prompt as Run as Admin.DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealthFirst of all, I wanted to Execute the above command because , recently I got an Bluetooth Error in my Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to fix a currupted Microsoft .NET Framework

2. 2019-10 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64 (KB4522741) download

3. 0x8007023e windows 10 error when checking updates