Windows 10: Windows 10 does not boot, not even the recovery disc

Discus and support Windows 10 does not boot, not even the recovery disc in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, my Windows 10 does not boot at all. It begann when i install something today with an registry edit. After that the PC got slow so i tried a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Marco So., Nov 21, 2019.

1. Marco So. Win User

Windows 10 does not boot, not even the recovery disc

Hello,

my Windows 10 does not boot at all. It begann when i install something today with an registry edit. After that the PC got slow so i tried a restart. Please note, it wasnt a shady installation - there are plenty others using this. so it might be a crazy coincidence.

Now my PC is in a bootloop when it starts up. The Windows logo and loading circle show up permanentely and it wont go further than that.

1. I tried to use both a windows 10 recovery DVD/USB: I can start to boot from them, however after the windows logo a blank blueish screen appears and nothing happens. I can`t enter anything, i only can move the mouse around. For a millisecond, it can be seen that command prompt is openend and closed shortly after in between the windows logo and the blank screen.

2. I can boot into a PE software. I tried the "Lazesoft recovery suite". However, as soon as i try to enter the windows recovery there it freezes.

3. I disconnected the SSD (where win10 is installed) and tried to run the recovery disc again - same result as point 1
    --> is my mainboard broken?

Any ideas what do here? Im out of ideas at the moment. Thank you.

:)

Marco So., Nov 21, 2019
  2. techbuzz Win User

Lenova recovery disc

If you haven't started the recovery yet then you could use the recovery button Lenovo Care Button). Just push it when you first turn on your machine and it will boot into the recovery partiton and restore it back to the original factory state.

If you have actually started the recovery process with the discs you have you are going to have to wait for tech support to open on Monday. All recovery discs are custom for particular machines. In other words, there aren't universal Lenovo 3000 recovery discs that work with all Lenovo 3000's. The recovery discs correspond with your exact machine type.

techbuzz, Nov 21, 2019
  3. is it possible to make a bootable recovery disc for sp2?

ok....my mum used my computer and killed three power supplies replaced the psu with a new one and now it doesnt boot, stops at a file i forgot the name then restarts does this in safe mode as well, i installed windows a few years ago using a vanilla xp disc and since then ive installed all the service packs meaning the recovery console will no longer work for me to remove the file thats causing the annoying hangs on boot up due to the service packs not updating the recovery console!*Bang Head :banghead: any ways could any one help me find a way of creating an sp2 recovery console i can boot from disc with out an xp sp2 installion disc or is it not possible?

little geek, Nov 21, 2019
  4. Bree Win User

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

Thema:

1. Windows 10 does not boot, not even the recovery disc - Similar Threads - does boot recovery

2. Recovery discs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery discs: I am about to upgrade my Windows 10 to W11. Is it necessary to create recovery discs for 11 in case some day I need to reset Windows? or does this version has a recovery system in bios I can use instead? I asked the clerk who sold the computer to me at Best Buy, and also to...
  3. Recovery discs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovery discs: I am about to upgrade my Windows 10 to W11. Is it necessary to create recovery discs for 11 in case some day I need to reset Windows? or does this version has a recovery system in bios I can use instead? I asked the clerk who sold the computer to me at Best Buy, and also to...
  4. Recovery discs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Recovery disc for windows 10

Recovery disc for windows 10: I want to create recovery disc for my desktop windows 10 There are 3 options : 1 Create Recovery disc 2 Create System Repair 3 Create System Image Which one should I create ? What are the differences between the 3 and the function of each such as computer cannot reboot,...
  6. Recovery Discs

Recovery Discs: can i use windows 8 recovery discs in windows 10 to go back to windows 8 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-discs/3cc8b779-e374-43ca-9209-9b17553cb516
  7. recovery disc

recovery disc: please guide me to make recovery disc for window 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-disc/ae97a879-3802-446e-ae8b-40f26fd5d81e
  8. windows 10 1809 recovery disc

windows 10 1809 recovery disc: I created the windows 10 recovery disc. how do I activate it to start a system image restore? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-1809-recovery-disc/ad2ba070-16e0-46fe-ac72-3de67c07b9ec
  9. windows 10 recovery disc

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    windows 10 recovery disc: Hi All, I have a windows 10 disc created from Windows 10 installation media tool (https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/soft...oad/windows10) my question is can i use that ISO to recover another persons PC? or is there compatibility issues based from my PC? TIA 99552
  10. Macrium Free - DVD Disc Does Not Boot To The PE Environment (Recovery)

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Free - DVD Disc Does Not Boot To The PE Environment (Recovery): You're welcome, Steven. I'm glad you solved it.