Windows 10: Windows 10 doesn't boot. Trying to repair it using command prompt gives me the following...

Discus and support Windows 10 doesn't boot. Trying to repair it using command prompt gives me the following... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/nfshp253 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nfshp253, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Windows 10 doesn't boot. Trying to repair it using command prompt gives me the following...

/u/nfshp253, Mar 14, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

3. cwtech Win User
    command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

I am repairing a laptop for a friend and I need to access windows in safe mode and the owner has forgotten the password to the main user. I tried logging on with the administrator profile in safe mode but it is not showing up so I was going to use command prompt in safe mode with command prompt but command prompt will not open when I boot that option. Does anyone have any hints for me to figure this out?

cwtech, Mar 14, 2020
  4. BetoLP Win User

Windows 10 doesn't boot. Trying to repair it using command prompt gives me the following...

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows 10 doesn't boot. Trying to repair it using command prompt gives me the following... [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Mar 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 doesn't boot. Trying to repair it using command prompt gives me the following...

1. Windows 10 doesn't boot. Trying to repair it using command prompt gives me the following... - Similar Threads - doesn't boot Trying

2. Automatic Repair Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatic Repair Command Prompt: I am trying to repair my computer in Automatic Repair on Windows 10. However, when I try to run command prompt in this mode it insists I need an administrator account, which i do not have and was actually going to create with command prompt. How do I work around this?...
  3. Trying to Fix Corrupted files in Windows 10 with command prompt but fails to repair files

Trying to Fix Corrupted files in Windows 10 with command prompt but fails to repair files: I am having issues with Windows 10 atm. My animations such and windows animations and my mouse moving around is very laggy to the point everything skips and has even affected my youtube video playback where the audio and video go out of sync and I know my internet connection...
  4. Password doesn't work after using command in command prompt.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password doesn't work after using command in command prompt.: net user <username> /add net localgroup administrators <username> /add I typed those in and went to log into the new local admin account. The command didn't work though, and when I went back to my main account, it didn't accept any passwords. I don't have a password reset...
  5. Win 10 booting into command prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 booting into command prompt: There's a thread about this from almost two years ago - windows boots into black screen with command prompt - but I tried adding the suggested code and still am booting into the command prompt. I type explorer.exe and all is well till the next boot. I have attached a...
  6. Command Prompt to Repair Disk

in Windows 10 Support
    Command Prompt to Repair Disk: I found this page when searching for a solution to my BSOD: Can you open Elevated Command Prompt from Command Prompt? I started following zbook's instructions but got immediately confused because for the C Directory it showed my D drive (which I read elsewhere is to be...
  7. My Thermaltake PSU Gives Me a Warning After The Command Prompt Displays The Command...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Thermaltake PSU Gives Me a Warning After The Command Prompt Displays The Command...: The Command Prompt keeps popping up briefly, displaying the message "Thermaltake DPS Power 'open"'. Soon after an image displaying "Warning! Detect Abnormal Activity on PSU. Please contact local retailer store for further assistance if you have questions in...
  8. what icacls command gives administrative privileges in command prompt to use with DISM?

what icacls command gives administrative privileges in command prompt to use with DISM?: I was using System restore with windows 10 when it crashed, all I can access now is the blue screens with the last one giving me the option of Advanced and on that Command Prompt. I cannot get anything else to work at all and its looking bleak. I have seen that the icacls...
  9. Command Prompt Windows Repair Disc

in Windows 10 Support
    Command Prompt Windows Repair Disc: Is there a way to use the Command Prompt on Windows Repair Disc without a working keyboard? 12712
  10. Open Command Prompt at Boot in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Command Prompt at Boot in Windows 10: How to: Open Command Prompt at Boot in Windows 10 How to Open a Command Prompt at Boot in Windows 10 A command prompt is an entry point for typing computer commands in the Command Prompt window. By typing commands at the command prompt, you can perform tasks on your...