Windows 10: Windows 10 Enterprise Answer File not using WinPE settings

Discus and support Windows 10 Enterprise Answer File not using WinPE settings in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I downloaded Windows 10 Enterprise 1904 x64 (English) from the Microsoft Volume Licensing site. I am trying to create a USB drive that will select... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tstarken, Sep 11, 2019.

1. tstarken Win User

Windows 10 Enterprise Answer File not using WinPE settings

I downloaded Windows 10 Enterprise 1904 x64 (English) from the Microsoft Volume Licensing site. I am trying to create a USB drive that will select Enterprise as the version, wipe and partition the drive, answer the license agreement and then install Windows 10 and use the autounattend.xml file for the OOBE settings as well. I have followed the instructions on this site and built the autounattend.xml file (and placed it on the root of the USB drive that I use to install which I created from the Windows 10 ISO from the Microsoft VL site with Rufus) but with Windows 10 1903 it does not seem to read the settings for the WinPE settings to select Windows 10 Enterprise, partition the drive, and accept the EULA. If I do these steps manually the setup will continue and then will use the autounattend.xml file to finish the setup using the settings specified. I am wondering if something changed in the 1903 version? I did notice that the processor architecture for the section that sets the drive partitions is now set to wow64 instead of amd64 by the Windows System Image Manager but not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Here were the instructions that I followed:
    Windows 10 Unattended install media – Part 2: Answer file for Windows Setup – Win10.Guru

:)

tstarken, Sep 11, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 11, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    Problem with Windows 10 unattended answer file?

Windows 10 Enterprise Answer File not using WinPE settings [​IMG]

Hej Ken. Din svarfil antyder att du är också en Finlandsvensk. Välkommen till Ten Forums!

Windows 10 Enterprise Answer File not using WinPE settings [​IMG]

Hi Ken. Your answer file suggests that you are a fellow Finland Swede. Welcome to Ten Forums!

That error is because there's no generic product key or MAK key in your answer file. It is obligatory in autounattend.xml answer file, the one that takes care of first phase of Windows setup, partitioning and installing.

Please see step 3.9 in following tutorial for how to add key in answer file: Create media for automated unattended install of Windows 10

4. Windows 10 Enterprise Answer File not using WinPE settings

enterprise evaluation expired cannot find my Windows 10

Hello,

Product keys are usually provided when you buy an Office or a Windows product. To better assist you, we need the answers to the following:

• Are you referring to Office Enterprise or Windows 10 Enterprise?
    • Does your copy came pre-installed on your computer?

In the meantime, we suggest checking the steps in this
    article
    on how to find your Windows product key.

Should you have questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Enterprise Answer File not using WinPE settings

1. Windows 10 Enterprise Answer File not using WinPE settings - Similar Threads - Enterprise Answer File

2. Windows 10 Deployment using WDS Role and Answer File

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Deployment using WDS Role and Answer File: Hello Members,I am doing a unattended Deployment of Windows 10 onto some Physical machine.I have captured the .wim images of C Drive Windows and D Drive Data.1. Windows.wim2. Data.wimNow using WDS role and answer file, I am successfully able to 1. Create Drive partitions...
  3. Windows 10 answer file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 answer file: Hopefully this is a simple question to answer... We have an answer file for all Windows 10 builds going out that does everything to join the new machine to our domain until the login screen. The problem is that it tries to login with the local administrator account but we do...
  4. Windows cannot parse the answer file's <diskconfiguration> setting

Windows cannot parse the answer file's <diskconfiguration> setting: I'm trying an unattended windows 10 install using an XML answer file, for now I tried booting a Virtual Machine (both with Virtualbox and libvirt Qemu/KVM) using an official ISO file, edited by adding the attached Autounattend.xml. Target virtual disk is set to SATA and...
  5. Query related to using Easy Setting Box on Windows 10 Enterprise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Query related to using Easy Setting Box on Windows 10 Enterprise: Can easy setting box be set in a window 10 enterprise version? ***Original title: Can easy setting box be set in a window 10 enterprise version***...
  6. Win 10 Images from Answer file XML with delay in settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 Images from Answer file XML with delay in settings: I've seen some issues mentioning Windows 10 sysprep'ed and long delays with system settings after deployment. I've seen this with both Win10 Ent and Win10 IOT Ent. So there is a commonality with Win 10 in general deploying with an answer file. Has anyone seen this and got...
  7. [WinPE] WinPE_OCs and /Set-InputLocale

[WinPE] WinPE_OCs and /Set-InputLocale: WinPE, includes: + <arch>\WinPE_OCs\filename.cab (neutral packages) + <arch>\WinPE_OCs\lang-lang\filename.cab (lp.cab + existing language specific packages for same as neutral packages) WinPE language: en-US Keyboard layout: fi-FI ( dism /Set-InputLocale:fi-FI )...
  8. WinRE drive appears in File Explorer using Answer file

WinRE drive appears in File Explorer using Answer file: I managed to create an answer file for Win10 and the installation was a success not having to input anything at all. However, in File Explorer the WinRE drive appears. This was not the case when installing Win10 normally. How can I edit the XML answer file to have the WinRE...
  9. Problem with Windows 10 unattended answer file?

Problem with Windows 10 unattended answer file?: The problem with my answer is that following error message appears "Windows cannot read the <ProductKey> setting from the unattend answer file". Can someone help me with this problem? Can I somehow skip this product key part in the answer file? Here is my answer file....
  10. windows 10 autoattended file ( answer file )

windows 10 autoattended file ( answer file ): Do you have any idea how to create Windows 10 autoattended file ? It is normal for system builder use. Any help would be appreciated.*Smile*Smile 13134