Windows 10: Windows 10 Ethernet connection problems

Discus and support Windows 10 Ethernet connection problems in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This is Windows 10 Pro version 1903, OS build 18362.476. I lost the Ethernet connection after one of the cumulative Windows updates. I have the network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FrankTwo32, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Ethernet connection problems

This is Windows 10 Pro version 1903, OS build 18362.476. I lost the Ethernet connection after one of the cumulative Windows updates. I have the network card component and driver for Ethernet card. The message that blinks on the available networks menu is 'Ethernet Identifying... No Internet'. I did everything that I found in forums, including disabling and enabling the Ethernet connection, uninstalling driver and reinstalling it, resetting the network connections, change adapter options, and others. The Ethernet option in the Network Connections window keeps flashing with the message 'Identifying... Unidentified network... Network cable unplugged.' I checked the network cable on different computer, and it is working well. When I unplug the network cable, the message is steady 'Network cable unplugged'. When I plug the network cable in the port, then the flashing starts. So it seems that the system can't detect a connection for some reason.

:)

FrankTwo32, Nov 22, 2019
  2. RevoLand Win User

Windows 10 Ethernet connection randomly disconnects

Hello,

So this issue has been annoying me since i have changed my old i5-4670 with a ryzen.

Ethernet: Realtek 8111H (MSI X370 Gaming Plus)
    Modem/Router: Airties Air 5760

What i have tried so far to fix my issue:
    • Re-installing Windows
    • Updating Ryzen chipset drivers
    • Updating Realtek LAN drivers (both from MSI & Realtek)
    • Updating MSI' LAN releated drivers (MSI Gaming Lan Manager)
    • Replacing ethernet cable
    • Restarting router to factory settings
    Still no luck, keeps happening randomly. Sometimes it is stable for days then it is not stable for 20 mins. Happening when gaming or idle, or while streaming via steam link.
    Windows' own issue fixer thingy fix the issue for the moment, re-plugging the cable, disabling & enabling the ethernet adapter also fixes the issue for the moment.
    Also i am the only one having this issue in the network, TV and phones are still connected to wifi.

It is started to be real annoying, so time to get help to fix the issue from TPU. Thanks in advance! *I Love TPU :lovetpu:

RevoLand, Nov 22, 2019
  3. Aquinus Win User
    Windows 10 Ethernet connection randomly disconnects

I suggest checking out the event log in Windows. It's likely going to tell you why (to some degree,) why the network connection was lost. I haven't had this issue with wired connections but, with wireless it has almost always come down to drivers or a strange software bug which boiled down to how the driver operates.

Aquinus, Nov 22, 2019
  4. EdTittel Win User

Windows 10 Ethernet connection problems

Setting a metered connection for Ethernet?

Please permit me to respectfully disagree, battlezone. Not only is it possible to do this, TenForums offers a tutorial that explains exactly how, step-by-step: Set Ethernet Connection as Metered or Unmetered in Windows 10. Do please check it out, won't you?
    Thanks,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Nov 22, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Ethernet connection problems

1. Windows 10 Ethernet connection problems - Similar Threads - Ethernet connection problems

2. Ethernet connection problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet connection problem: My PC with Win11 has a problem with the ethernet connection. I checked the ethernet I connected but no internet access as you can see in the screenshot. How can I sort it out?...
  3. Ethernet connection problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet connection problem: My PC with Win11 has a problem with the ethernet connection. I checked the ethernet I connected but no internet access as you can see in the screenshot. How can I sort it out?...
  4. Problems connecting to the ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems connecting to the ethernet: up until now everything was working fine but then suddenly windows stopped identifying my ethernet cable i tried restarting and whatever steps the bot asked me to follow but none of them worked. my internet is working fine for the rest of the devices its only my pc where it...
  5. Ethernet connection problems

Ethernet connection problems: For the last few weeks, I've experienced connectivity issues with my ethernet connection to the internet. At random times the connection drops and it says I have no ethernet cable plugged in. Which isn't true. Sometimes I have a connection for sereval hours and sometimes it...
  6. Ethernet connection problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ethernet connection problem: Ive recently reconnected my PC again, using the same power cables and lan cables. As well as a usb Ethernet extension adapter but my windows keeps telling me there’s not a valid IP address. I’ve restarted the router and computer but nothing seems to work. I don’t know what to...
  7. Ethernet Connectivity Problems

Ethernet Connectivity Problems: I recently purchased a new gaming pc with windows 10. Im working with an asus hero motherboard with wifi. When i first got the pc it would randomly drop my ethernet connection and say it was not connected when the cord was plugged in. Recently i got a replacement motherboard...
  8. Ethernet connection problems...

Ethernet connection problems...: Hello, I've recently changed my broadband provider, and have gone from using powerline adaptors to CAT 6 wired from my PC into my router, however my PC still thinks the ethernet connection is a TP-Link powerline connection, I was wondering how to change this? As I've also...
  9. Ethernet/lan connection problems windows 10

Ethernet/lan connection problems windows 10: After I upgraded to windows 10, I started having problems with my lan connection. My speed was fine but after 10 minutes of use, the Internet connection just stopped. The shutdown and startup of the computer was also effected by this issue. Whenever I clicked on network info,...
  10. Problems with Ethernet Connection.

Problems with Ethernet Connection.: Hi this is my first forum post and i desperately need help. I apologise in advance if i do not post all the information needed regarding my problem to seek out a resolution. I have owned my PC for almost two years and it has acted up in the past before. At first i...