Windows 10: Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (1709) Fully Available

Discus and support Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (1709) Fully Available in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; I’m happy to announce the Fall Creators Update (version 1709) is fully available for all compatible devices running Windows 10 worldwide! Full... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (1709) Fully Available

Source: Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (1709) Fully Available - Windows Experience Blog

Brink, Jan 10, 2018

2. Excuse me for my ignorance but I cannot see how to download the .iso of 1709, or, do I have to do it through the Media Creation Tool? In the past, I have been able to download the .iso directly.

:)

theoldfarter, Jan 11, 2018
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    My newer laptop came w/Microsoft 10, but it seems to acts like I have Microsoft 7. WHY?

Hi Sherry, you are OK, all those updates are for Windows 10 Fall Creators Edition (1709) and you are fully up to date . . .

DaveM121, Jan 11, 2018
  4. DaveM121 Win User

My newer laptop came w/Microsoft 10, but it seems to acts like I have Microsoft 7. WHY?

Hi Sherry, you are OK, all those updates are for Windows 10 Fall Creators Edition (1709) and you are fully up to date . . .

DaveM121, Jan 11, 2018
  5. Bree New Member
    The media creation tool is Microsoft's recommended way to make an ISO, but you can download an ISO directly from Microsoft with Option Three in this tutorial.

*Arrow Download Windows 10 ISO File

6. The way it worked for me was simple but time consuming.
    I went for 1703 to 1709 just by manually checking for Windows 10 Updates. It was there and downloaded and installed.

It took about 2 1/2 hours. I just made a pot of coffee and watched a little T.V.
    At times during the download and installing it will seem that nothing is happening. Just relax and wait.
    So far my install of 1709 is working as it should.
    Keep in mind that I have a newer system so things will vary.
    When installing was done and rebooted a few times and I check Windows 10 updates again, looking for anything new after the upgrade.

Jack

Layback Bear, Jan 11, 2018
  7. Ah, thank you. I had done that, through Edge, in December and note that I have 1709. I was wondering if there is a place where one can just download the .iso, without going through those steps in Edge?

theoldfarter, Jan 11, 2018
  8. Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (1709) Fully Available

Bree's post # 3 is another way.
    I'm new to Windows 10 so I just did it the way Windows 10 wanted to do the job.

Jack

Layback Bear, Jan 11, 2018
  9. How are you supposed to install this thing?

My laptop has made 5 failed attempts to upgrade my W10 Home to 1709.

My W10 Pro VM has also made 5 failed attempts to upgrade to 1709 after:
    • Wasting 10+ hours
    • Downloading 10+ GB of garbage
    • Filling my 40GB partition with broken downloads
    • Running the Windows Update Troubleshooter

Despite the unkillable telemetry that is supposed to improve it, W10 just keeps on getting worse. *Sick

The same job takes ~30 minutes in Linux Mint and that includes updating all of the programs too.

lehnerus2000, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (1709) Fully Available - Similar Threads - Fall Creators Update

2. "Users_old" directory after updating to 1709 Fall Creators

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    "Users_old" directory after updating to 1709 Fall Creators: In Trainwreck of errors related to seemingly-normal Win10 updates - help! Solved - Windows 10 Forums I posted of my confusion, a problem now solved, about an ASUS laptop that came with Windows 10 installed suddenly being unable to download and install updates. "Net" of that...
  3. Fall Creators 1709 Update Issue Possibly

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Fall Creators 1709 Update Issue Possibly: Hi All Not sure if this is a real issue or not, but it shows Other Updates all Failed, is it Related to Avast Free 17.8? or just a Windows 10 Update glitch, or nothing to be concerned about, I can try the update reset if need be 97860
  4. Windows 10 1709 Fall Creators STORE not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 1709 Fall Creators STORE not working: Only Games Tab is working, also my Desktop and Laptop are not working after the update. If I create a new user it works fine..... It happens on both laptop and desktop so it must be a settings or something with upgrade. I don't know.. It tried all DISM command, SFC...
  5. Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 - Sound HDMI issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 - Sound HDMI issue: After updating to 1709 the sound to my AV reciever cuts off randomly all the time. Its connected with HMDI from my gpu (nvidia 980ti), and I've never had this problem. I've tried deleting drivers, updating them. I did a roll back to 1703 and everything was workig fine. Its...
  6. Fall Creators Update (1709) Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fall Creators Update (1709) Remote Desktop: After upgrading window 10 to the Fall UC, i'm having some problems with remote desktop: two pc both with 1709: Sometimes the login stuck and i only see the login image with the user icon but it does not enter the descktop, some other times it ask for password again, it...
  7. Windows 10 Fall Creators (1709) Update Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Fall Creators (1709) Update Issues: I am having issues updating from 1703 to 1709, and I could use some help. I used the native Windows Update tool to download 1709. I restarted my computer when prompted to begin the installation. I got about a quarter of the way through the installation when I got a blue...
  8. Windows 10 Fall Creators Update - ISO available?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Fall Creators Update - ISO available?: Does the ISO version include the Fall update? Download Windows 10 95683
  9. Windows 10 Fall Creators Update SDK Availability

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Fall Creators Update SDK Availability: Windows 10 Fall Creators Update provides a developer platform that is designed to inspire the creator in each of us – empowering developers to build applications that change the way people work, play and interact with devices. To truly fulfill this platform promise, I believe...
  10. Rumor: Fall Creators Update is Windows 10 version 1709

in Windows 10 News
    Rumor: Fall Creators Update is Windows 10 version 1709: it appears that Microsoft has referenced the version number for the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update in related documentation. A blog post (first spotted by WZor) related to the the Policy device description framework (DDF) file in Windows mentions "Windows 10, version...