Windows 10: Windows 10 File Explorer or Photo Viewer Possible Bug

Discus and support Windows 10 File Explorer or Photo Viewer Possible Bug in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have folders full of photos. Some cameras start the filenames with the date, some with IMG_, some with IMG-, etc. To get the latest ones sorted at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ed9213, Aug 20, 2019.

1. ed9213 Win User

Windows 10 File Explorer or Photo Viewer Possible Bug

I have folders full of photos. Some cameras start the filenames with the date, some with IMG_, some with IMG-, etc.

To get the latest ones sorted at the top of the list in File Explorer, I insert the Date Taken column in the column list and sort by that.

So looking at the files in File Explorer in Details view, I sort by Date Taken. In the list all looks correct.

Then I double-click on the first photo and it opens with the built-in Photos application.

When I look at the photos in a C: drive folder, they appear in order.

When I sort the files with File Explorer by Date Taken on my Android 9 phone, imagine my surprise when the pics have been sorted and displayed by months, even though they are shown in proper date order in File Explorer. So, first the August 2019 photos appear, then the August 2018, then the August 2017, etc, before the July 2019 pics come up.

Is it the Photos program, or its interaction with the File Explorer, or the translation from Android? It used to be that the Photos application would display in whatever order the File Explorer organized them. Now it does not.

Can this be addressed? Is there a setting in File Explorer or Photos that will change the sorting format?

Thanks.

:)

ed9213, Aug 20, 2019
  2. iko22 Win User

How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer?

Windows 10 File Explorer or Photo Viewer Possible Bug [​IMG]

I have downloaded this, and it did not work; photo viewer is not in the list of programs in Open With or Default App. I used option 2 step 3, followed by step 5 to 9.

iko22, Aug 20, 2019
  3. windows photo viewer display order not as file explorer

Thank you for replying Amarjeet_Paul, the checks you suggested did not find any problems, as expected.

Method 1: Did not find any problems.

Method 2:"Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations."

With respect, I don't think you understood my request.

I would like Windows Photo Viewer to display images in date order NOT in name order.

Window Photo Viewer should be displaying in the same order as is set in the file explorer.

This is possible in Vista (on my old desktop) and was possible in Windows 8.1 (as I remember).

Is there a known fix for this?, possibly a registry tweak but preferably an obscure setting change.

Probably a Windows 10 bug that will never be fixed.

If you do not know please just say that. Thank you for replying regardless.

I don't know why I can't just login with the previ, Aug 20, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 File Explorer or Photo Viewer Possible Bug - Similar Threads - File Explorer Photo

2. Copy/Paste not working in File Explorer Photo viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copy/Paste not working in File Explorer Photo viewer: Hello all,I am running Windows 11 home and have installed all updates as of 28-Jun-2023. I am going through photos to select which ones I want to pull out to edit. Normally, I do this by going through photos in the photo viewer and when I come across a photo I want to pull...
  3. Copy/Paste not working in File Explorer Photo viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy/Paste not working in File Explorer Photo viewer: Hello all,I am running Windows 11 home and have installed all updates as of 28-Jun-2023. I am going through photos to select which ones I want to pull out to edit. Normally, I do this by going through photos in the photo viewer and when I come across a photo I want to pull...
  4. Microsoft photos possible bug

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft photos possible bug: Hi, as of recently, I've encountered what I believe to be a bug with Microsoft photos recently. Before, I was able to go fullscreen in the photo viewer and have full view of the picture, but lately the grey bars will not disappear, even when zooming in unfortunately the...
  5. Tagging multiple photos in File Explorer not possible Windows 10

Tagging multiple photos in File Explorer not possible Windows 10: Hi,I read the guides of how to tag multiple photos with file explorer Details Pane ->Show more details etc. However, i don't have that option when multiple items are selected on Windows 10. Can someone advise, please? Thanks! :1 item selectedMultiple items selected...
  6. Possible bug with Photos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Possible bug with Photos: [ATTACH] Is this a problem that should be looked at or am I just overly concerned? Thanks in advanced. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/possible-bug-with-photos/9755327f-5632-45f6-bed1-863269af0726
  7. Windows 10 File Manager or Photo Viewer Possible Bug

Windows 10 File Manager or Photo Viewer Possible Bug: I have folders full of photos. Some cameras start the filenames with the date, some with IMG_, some with IMG-, etc. To get the latest ones sorted at the top of the list in File Manager, I insert the Date Taken column in the column list and sort by that. So looking at the...
  8. Conflict between "dates taken" on File Explorer and Photo Viewer, Windows 10

Conflict between "dates taken" on File Explorer and Photo Viewer, Windows 10: I have recently taken several thousand photos, corrected them with paint.net, and have them on a file on the desktop. When opened in File Explorer, and viewed as details, the "dates taken" column shows the correct date and time. When viewed in Photo Viewer, using the file...
  9. Windows 10 photo viewer

Windows 10 photo viewer: when I try to enlarge a picture in the photo viewer, they window turns transparent. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-photo-viewer/376a2bf0-7c7f-416e-8ab6-125b0e7e44a9
  10. DNG Files in Windows Photo Viewer

DNG Files in Windows Photo Viewer: How can I get DNG files to open with Windows Photo Viewer? 57546

Users found this page by searching for:

1. photo viewer bug