Windows 10: Windows 10 free upgrade is still available using Windows 7 and 8 keys

Discus and support Windows 10 free upgrade is still available using Windows 7 and 8 keys in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; In spite of the official end of the free Windows 10 update offer on July 29, it seems any valid Windows 7/8.x retail product key still installs Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Windows 10 free upgrade is still available using Windows 7 and 8 keys

Read more: Windows 10 free upgrade is still available using Windows 7 and 8 product keys | ZDNet

Windows 10 free upgrade is still available using Windows 7 and 8 keys [​IMG]
    Tip How to Upgrade to Windows 10

How to Directly Clean Install Windows 10 without having to Upgrade First

:)

Brink, Aug 2, 2016
  2. Andre Da Costa, Aug 2, 2016
  3. Counsel LRA, Aug 2, 2016
  4. Porthos Win User

Porthos, Aug 3, 2016
  5. Victek Win User
    I successfully upgraded a friend's computer to Windows 10 after reading this article. That was a few months ago though and I wonder if it still works? Has anyone successfully done the upgrade recently?

Victek, Jul 13, 2017
  6. Tony K Win User
    A million thanks for posting this, Shawn! *Smile

I saw a similar older article about this topic about a month ago. I was going to post it and decided against it since it wasn't tested as of recent. Not sure, but I'm thinking it still works. Here's why:

I bought this tower with W7 Home on it. I upgraded to 10 as soon as the free upgrade was offered, which gives it digital entitlement. I have a System Builders/OEM W8 Pro that was on my lappy, then upgraded that to 10 Pro. According to the EULA I can move that 8 to any machine as long as I remove it from previous others. After reading that article I thought to load my 8 onto this tower, then upgrade to 10 just to get Pro instead of Home. I wasn't sure if it would work or worth the hassle since I dual boot with the Insider builds.

Anywho, this inspired me just to enter my 8 Pro keys into the upgrade aspect on the Settings app > System, which takes it to the Activation page and walla! Lookie see! Woo hoo!! Oh happy day! *Dinesh *Party

Tony K, Jul 14, 2017
  7. Tony K Win User
    Finished painlessly in 5 minutes. All it really did was unlock all the Pro features. *Smile

Clicked on the notification banner when completed and this opened.

Tony K, Jul 14, 2017
  8. Tony K Win User

My Insider 16241 upgraded to Pro as well. *Dinesh

BTW, the upgrade to Pro in the store was $100. I just saved that or at least the hassle of trying it the other way. If it wasn't for you posting this I probably would've never tried this, Shawn. *Smile

Tony K, Jul 14, 2017
  9. Those PC's will now have Digital Licenses for Home and Pro, your choice which one you want to install. Assuming they already had DL's for Home. You don't ever lose those, even if you upgrade to Pro with a change product code. I have PC's with DL's for Home, Pro, Education, and even Enterprise. *Eek

alphanumeric, Jul 17, 2017
  10. FerchogtX Win User
    Stupid question, upgrading to Pro allows you to switch languages in the OS without any hassle?
    I'm seriously thinking on buying a key for pro... I'm tired of Home edition and all it's restrictions...

FerchogtX, Jul 17, 2017
  11. Tony K Win User
    Tony K, Jul 17, 2017
  12. FerchogtX Win User
    FerchogtX, Jul 17, 2017
  13. simrick Win User

Just upgraded a W8.1 lappy 2 days ago. Guess MS are still giving away W10.

simrick, Jul 29, 2017
  14. flhthemi Win User
    I don't know why they don't just make the Home version free forever...what a grand gesture that would be by MS.

flhthemi, Jul 29, 2017
  15. Ztruker Win User
    I upgraded a newly installed and activated Windows 8.1 Home to Windows 10 Core this past Friday, 7/28. It was activated when the upgrade completed. The day before I clean installed a Windows 10 Pro using a Windows 7 Pro key. It activated when the install completed.

Neither computer had previously had Windows 10 installed.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 free upgrade is still available using Windows 7 and 8 keys - Similar Threads - free upgrade still

2. Is windows 11 upgrade still available for free?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is windows 11 upgrade still available for free?: I’m wanting to purchase a refurbished Lenovo T480 with windows 10 & was wanting to know if windows 11 is still free. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-windows-11-upgrade-still-available-for-free/3f220c09-d559-4d88-95f2-db3fddb25afe
  3. Is windows 11 upgrade still available for free?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is windows 11 upgrade still available for free?: I’m wanting to purchase a refurbished Lenovo T480 with windows 10 & was wanting to know if windows 11 is still free. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-windows-11-upgrade-still-available-for-free/3f220c09-d559-4d88-95f2-db3fddb25afe
  4. what is the fee to upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10? Is this upgrade still free?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    what is the fee to upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10? Is this upgrade still free?: what is the fee to upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10? Is this upgrade still free?According to what i have found, MY PC should be able to accommodate the upgrade as it has a 1.8 GHz Processor, 6GB of Ram, 64 Bit processor and 700 GB HD....
  5. Is it still possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 for Free ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it still possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 for Free ?: I got one Windows 7, but I don't know, if I can upgrade it to Windows 10 for free any more.I just want confirmation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-still-possible-to-upgrade-windows-7-to/6024c546-7331-4237-8ad5-89c4751790d5
  6. Is it still possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 for Free ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it still possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 for Free ?: I got one Windows 7, but I don't know, if I can upgrade it to Windows 10 for free any more.I just want confirmation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-still-possible-to-upgrade-windows-7-to/6024c546-7331-4237-8ad5-89c4751790d5
  7. Is it still possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 for Free ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Can you still use Windows 7/8 keys for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can you still use Windows 7/8 keys for Windows 10?: Looking at new laptops and a lot of them ship with Windows 10 Home. Rather than pay to upgrade to Pro, I have an unused Windows 8 Pro key. Can those keys still be "upgraded" to Windows 10? I would like to be able to use the Linux subsystem and Hyper-V which are unavailable on...
  9. Can windows 7 still free upgrade to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can windows 7 still free upgrade to Windows 10: Dear Experts, Can i confirm that , as of now are we still able free upgrade windows 7 to windows 10 ... i just tested a few machines, used the product key from the sticker Windows 7 Product Key and try activate, it was success .... is this the right way or please...
  10. Still possible to upgrade to 10 using Windows 7 key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Still possible to upgrade to 10 using Windows 7 key?: I want to set up my laptop to dual boot have Windows 7 already on it and I have the key. I downloaded Windows 10 ISO went through the install, but it won't accept my Windows 7 product key. I know the free upgrade offer is long past, but have seen websites that say it is still...