Windows 10: Windows 10 Free?

Discus and support Windows 10 Free? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have read a few places on line saying Windows 10 can be obtained free still. One did it a month ago. If you have 7, 8.1, they say you can use your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by copiman, Feb 2, 2018.

1. copiman Win User

Windows 10 Free?

I have read a few places on line saying Windows 10 can be obtained free still. One did it a month ago. If you have 7, 8.1, they say you can use your Product key and it will be genuine. I feel better coming here and asking simply because I know I will get the right and moral answer here. Is this legit?

:)

copiman, Feb 2, 2018

2. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, Feb 2, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so I also found out that this occurs when sleepmode (for me after 3 hours) changes into hibernate mode.

Seems like the going into hibernate and/or starting up from HIbernate results in a shutdown. In safeboot it works perfectly.

Anyone any idea how I can figure out where it goes wrong. Is there a way to log this (I couldn't find it in bootlog)

windows-10, Feb 2, 2018
  4. Berton Win User

Windows 10 Free?

The last one I did was about 2 weeks ago and the Microsoft page I did it from was changed a day or two later and couldn't get it again.

Berton, Feb 2, 2018
  5. spunk Win User
  6. copiman Win User
    I'll give it a try. Will image my drive first, just in case. I will not have an OS that is not genuine. I'll try tomorrow. Thanks for the link. Will post results.

copiman, Feb 2, 2018
  7. Berton Win User
    Berton, Feb 2, 2018
  8. spunk Win User

Windows 10 Free?

You can also just save the ISO image to your computer. You don't have to use the Media Creation Tool to burn your USB, but you will need to use it to save the ISO image, then you can burn the ISO with your favorite program

spunk, Feb 2, 2018
  9. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Feb 2, 2018
  10. copiman Win User
    It worked yesterday. Went from 7 to 10 by going here Download Windows 10). Had a few issues afterwards but was able to get through them. Some services were off due to being changed to manual. In the process of doing another. Thanks everyone for your help. It made me feel better about doing it.

copiman, Feb 4, 2018
  11. hiphopper Win User
    I just tested by installing the latest Windows 10 Iso from the Microsoft download site to VMWare Fusion (MacBook Pro) and using an old Windows 7 key I had from an old computer we destroyed long ago. Seems to work just fine.

hiphopper, Feb 5, 2018
  12. copiman Win User
    My second one did not go so well. The upgrade did not complete and a clean install did not complete. I think its my PC that is the issue. Will look into it and try again later. I saw something out there that said antivirus, not up to date drivers, bios, and others could cause it. New road for me but I won't give up. Its got personal now.

copiman, Feb 5, 2018
  13. copiman Win User

Windows 10 Free?

I finally was able to do the second upgrade. The problem was the ANATEL PCI-E WLAN Card. I found where someone stated they found that others having the same issue removed the card to solve the install issue. Also in my quest to resolve the install issue, I uninstalled Avast and turned off all non-Microsoft services. I read where this helps as well.

copiman, Feb 6, 2018
  14. dalchina New Member
    Thanks, a clean boot and uninstalling AVs are two basic recommendations.

For more if needed in the future please see:
    Upgrade to Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials
    which includes sections on dealing with things that can go wrong with upgrades- Win x to Win 10 or Win 10 to Win 10 next build.

dalchina, Feb 6, 2018
  15. copiman Win User
    Awesome Tutorial !! Shawn did great one again. I edited my post (#11). I forgot about the wireless card.

copiman, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Free?

1. Windows 10 Free? - Similar Threads - Free

2. Free form select is not working for me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Free form select is not working for me: When I select free form select copy and paste it always selects the background. Even choosing transparent selection does not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-form-select-is-not-working-for-me/74dd2a78-60ac-41e3-a32f-f3afca5fec54
  3. Free form select is not working for me

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Free form select is not working for me: When I select free form select copy and paste it always selects the background. Even choosing transparent selection does not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-form-select-is-not-working-for-me/74dd2a78-60ac-41e3-a32f-f3afca5fec54
  4. how to download windows 10 free

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to download windows 10 free: how to download windows 10 free https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-download-windows-10-free/1263192c-523f-4e74-b421-4b196be3ef8f
  5. how to download windows 10 free

how to download windows 10 free: how to download windows 10 free https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-download-windows-10-free/1263192c-523f-4e74-b421-4b196be3ef8f
  6. how to download windows 10 free

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. What is trustworthy software to protects your PC and its free/paid verison

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is trustworthy software to protects your PC and its free/paid verison: What type software you guys used to protect/boost your PC performance by like updating drivers and remove junk files and protect from not to get your info leaked...
  8. What is trustworthy software to protects your PC and its free/paid verison

What is trustworthy software to protects your PC and its free/paid verison: What type software you guys used to protect/boost your PC performance by like updating drivers and remove junk files and protect from not to get your info leaked...
  9. I'm buying an old laptop with Windows 8 Pro. Can I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm buying an old laptop with Windows 8 Pro. Can I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free or...: I'm buying a used HP laptop that has had all it's data including the original OS completely wiped via Blancco. The units original OS was Windows 8 Pro. I'm assuming the method to reinstall Windows is by using the Media Creation tool via USB. If I do this will the device...
  10. I'm buying an old laptop with Windows 8 Pro. Can I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free or...

I'm buying an old laptop with Windows 8 Pro. Can I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free or...: I'm buying a used HP laptop that has had all it's data including the original OS completely wiped via Blancco. The units original OS was Windows 8 Pro. I'm assuming the method to reinstall Windows is by using the Media Creation tool via USB. If I do this will the device...