Windows 10: Windows 10 Help Needed - How to force reinstall Windows Store

Discus and support Windows 10 Help Needed - How to force reinstall Windows Store in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello everyone, It seems like something went wrong during the installation process and Windows Store did not install properly. As such I can't even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by kingmagician16, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Help Needed - How to force reinstall Windows Store

Hello everyone,

It seems like something went wrong during the installation process and Windows Store did not install properly. As such I can't even open it. I have tried different method suggested online, but none is working. I am just wondering if there is a way to force reinstall the Windows Store, and hope that it will fix the problem.

Thanks!

:)

kingmagician16, Jul 29, 2015
  2. slance310 Win User

Need my own user permission to move some files (most are dll)

Hi,

I'm afraid I can't be of much help there... I've never encountered the need to do that...

Microsoft claims that the only way to reinstall the Store that was deleted is to reinstall Windows...

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027174/microsoft-store-reinstall-in-windows-10

But I did find something else that might help...

Restore and reinstall Windows Store in Windows 10 after removing with PowerShell

slance310, Jul 29, 2015
  3. need a new app to open Microsoft Store

Hi Raymond,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

If you want to reinstall Windows 10 store, I suggest you to refer the answer provided by
    Yashwanth Kotakuri and check if it helps.

Click on,
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_store/windows-10-pro-i-need-to-reinstall-store-app-how/12dc80e0-b46f-49f2-8ea0-52770b6d39ae

I hope the information helps. Keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Aswin_Anand, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Windows 10 Help Needed - How to force reinstall Windows Store

I need to do this too. One of the kbxxxxxxx updates earlier this month apparently wiped out my Store. The WindowsStore directory is totally missing from my C: drive. When I click on the taskbar Store icon, the blue store window opens and closes instantly.

Sure do wish Microsoft would develop a page of "Fix its" for Windows-10 like they have for Windows-7. Those automated routines solved quite a few issues for me before I upgraded from 7 to 10.

AllenChicago, Sep 15, 2015
  5. JohnC Win User
    JohnC, Sep 15, 2015
  6. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Sep 15, 2015
  7. Cliff S New Member
    The Store can't be re-installed through CMD or PowerShell, you need to do a repair install(also called an In place Upgrade)

Cliff S, Sep 15, 2015
  8. vram Win User

Windows 10 Help Needed - How to force reinstall Windows Store

dism/sfc can't fix this?

9. Cliff S New Member
    If the store is not there or is uninstalled... no.

If it's just not functioning well check your Time Zone settings to make sure it's set to the correct on and sync with the time server in control panel>Date & Time, also turn on your location settings for all except Mail & Calendar(and what ever else you want).

Cliff S, Sep 15, 2015
  10. Almighty1 Win User
    Open Powershell in admin mode and also look at your c:\Program Files\WindowsApp folder, then run the following command:

Add-AppxPackage -register "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsStore_2015.9.9.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Appxmanifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode

the directory name may be different as you may have a different version of Windows Store on your system, this was how I fixed mines two days ago.

Almighty1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Help Needed - How to force reinstall Windows Store

1. Windows 10 Help Needed - How to force reinstall Windows Store - Similar Threads - Help Needed force

2. Need to reinstall windows store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Need to reinstall windows store: I deleted the windows store a month ago in an attempt to stop wsappx from using 10% of my cpu, it didnt work and now I realized I cant use any windows apps. Any help is appreciated....
  3. Need to reinstall windows store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to reinstall windows store: I deleted the windows store a month ago in an attempt to stop wsappx from using 10% of my cpu, it didnt work and now I realized I cant use any windows apps. Any help is appreciated....
  4. Need to reinstall windows store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Store - need help to reinstall

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store - need help to reinstall: Hey, I uninstalled Microsoft Store because it was causing some problems for my pc, now i want to reinstall it again. I tried the command using PowerShell but it says Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path 'C:\AppXManifest.xml' because it does not exist. At line:1 char:53 +...
  6. need help reinstalling windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    need help reinstalling windows 10: hey guys i was about to reinitialize my windows 10 and the electricity shut down and now it giving me error when i try to reinitialize it again i decided to reinstall windows 10 if i do it will i need another windows 10 key ? what to chose in mediacreation tool UPDATE or...
  7. need help reinstalling windows 10

need help reinstalling windows 10: my pc fucked up and i need to reinstall windows 10. nothing on the BSOD works, can i reinstall it without a CD or USB drive? submitted by /u/Ayuyuyunia [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fa10qu/need_help_reinstalling_windows_10/
  8. Need help reinstalling windows 10

Need help reinstalling windows 10: A week ago I made a thread in which I said I installed Linux on my laptop and I was switching back to windows. Well, I tried doing it today and... this proved to be way more difficult than I thought it'd be. Booting a USB is easy with the tool Microsoft gives you. Only one...
  9. Windows 10 reinstall help needed.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 reinstall help needed.: Ok guys. I've got a friends computer here. It was so ravaged by a virus I had to format the drive and reinstall. That being said, I downloaded Windows 10 Home from Microsofts site, burnt the ISO to a dvd and installed. I skipped the key part, because I assumed it'd just...
  10. Help needed to reinstall Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help needed to reinstall Windows 10.: Hi guys, I have some questions about clean installing Windows 10. Basically I am trying to get around having to download Windows 10, burn it to cd, and reinstall. Can I use reset feature to clean install Windows 10? Will this give me a completely clean image to work from?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. force reinstall microsoft store

2. how to force reinstall of missing microsoft store windows 10