Windows 10: Windows 10 home limiting my download speed while uploads are normal

Discus and support Windows 10 home limiting my download speed while uploads are normal in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 30mbps down/ 10mbps up network at my home. All other devices except my laptop is getting full down and upload speeds. With my pc I only get 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ayush Lunia, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Windows 10 home limiting my download speed while uploads are normal

I have 30mbps down/ 10mbps up network at my home. All other devices except my laptop is getting full down and upload speeds.

With my pc I only get 10 mbps downloads and getting full 15 mbps upload. I dont know why my laptop is limiting my network downloads. I have tried with both wifi and ethernet but same problem persists. I have done many changes but nothing works like (driver rollback, connection reset, even resetting the router to see if problem from the router, etc etc.)

Please help me out. I am stuck with slow downloads.

:)

Ayush Lunia, Sep 28, 2019
  2. JON
    Jon Win User

Limiting download and upload speeds based on wifi network?

I alternate between my home network (150mbit down) and my friend's network (10mbit down, barely enough to stream videos), and I'd like to be able to limit my download and upload speeds based on which network my laptop is connected to. Is there a way to do this in Windows 10?

I realize I could probably do this on her router, but I'd prefer doing it on the client - that way I can have rules for other networks if need be.

3. dalchina Win User
    how to limit Ondrive to upload only 2 files at one time ??

I don't know of a way to do that, but you can limit bandwidth use for only OneDrive.

OneDrive Download and Upload Rate - Limit in Windows 10

Windows 10 home limiting my download speed while uploads are normal [​IMG]

- you could use this to limit upload bandwidth.

And a brief internet search suggests:
    OneDrive: Throttling Upload Speed | Practical SBS
    How To Limit Upload Traffic Bandwidth in OneDrive | Next of Windows

In general: How do you limit an application's bandwidth?

You could try this:
    NetLimiter Homepage

dalchina, Sep 28, 2019
  4. Windows 10 home limiting my download speed while uploads are normal

Slow Download Speed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft forums.

• I would suggest you to test the speed using any of the speed test website or app to confirm the upload and download speed.
    • I also suggest you to reset the wireless router to check if that helps.
    • You may plug in the Ethernet cable if available and check the speed.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you

Rajeshwari_Patil, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 home limiting my download speed while uploads are normal

1. Windows 10 home limiting my download speed while uploads are normal - Similar Threads - home limiting download

2. Ethernet getting very high normal download speed but getting 0.01 upload speed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet getting very high normal download speed but getting 0.01 upload speed.: I have tried so many things to fix this but nothing. This problem has been persisting for about 6 months. I have even gotten almost entirely new hardware for the pc due to a different issue and it is still not working. I know it's not my ISP because other devices work fine...
  3. Ethernet getting very high normal download speed but getting 0.01 upload speed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet getting very high normal download speed but getting 0.01 upload speed.: I have tried so many things to fix this but nothing. This problem has been persisting for about 6 months. I have even gotten almost entirely new hardware for the pc due to a different issue and it is still not working. I know it's not my ISP because other devices work fine...
  4. Ethernet getting very high normal download speed but getting 0.01 upload speed.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows is limiting my download speed.

Windows is limiting my download speed.: I have been noticing that my internet is being limited to 4-5 Mbps on my laptop pretty much all throughout the day and occasionally becomes okay.The internet is alright for the rest of my devices.During a internet speed test:What I have tried without avail:Resetting the...
  6. Download speed limit

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Download speed limit: Hi guys, today, trying to download games from both uplay and steam, my download was stuck at exactly 5mb/s in the task manager, this is grange considering that it normally stays around 45/50 mb/s, I noticed this problem only today, as yesterday everything was working...
  7. download speed is limited

download speed is limited: hi there I've been noticing a limit download speed which doesn't exceed 1.4 mb/s, it used to reach 5mb/s if I download two files at the same time it splits the speed evenly I updated my windows couple of days ago...
  8. Download speed is much slower than the Upload Speed, using Windows 10 Home

Download speed is much slower than the Upload Speed, using Windows 10 Home: Download speed is much slower than the Upload Speed, using Windows 10 Home [ATTACH] I have tried few things nothing worked out 1.Windows update 2. netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled 3. Restart Modem...
  9. Windows is limiting my download speed on laptop

Windows is limiting my download speed on laptop: Good day, Laptop with windows 10 is downloading to less of half the speed expected. Other device do pass download test with the correct speed. So far I've: Checked for virus and malware nothing found. Have set delivery optimization values to the bare minimum. Checked...
  10. Wired Upload Speed Severely Limited

Wired Upload Speed Severely Limited: I think I found it. I reinstalled the driver, didn't fix it. I disabled a network bridge (not sure how it got created), and things are working fine now. Rebooted and it's still working fine. What does the network bridge do?

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 limiting download speed to 100mbps but not upload speed