Windows 10: Windows 10 home version 1903 wifi download speed capped.

Discus and support Windows 10 home version 1903 wifi download speed capped. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello as the title says my internet download speed is very slow its capped to 4.5Mbps where as it should be around 10-15 Mbps my laptop is dell... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kiyani123, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Kiyani123 Win User

Windows 10 home version 1903 wifi download speed capped.

Hello as the title says my internet download speed is very slow its capped to 4.5Mbps where as it should be around 10-15 Mbps my laptop is dell Inspiron 7559 and wireless adapter is Intel Dual band wireless AC 3165, cant pinpoint as to when this problem started I noticed it suddenly while downloading update for a game on steam. ran speed tests and found out its capped to 4.5Mbps, thing is I did the same test on ubuntu with speedtest.net it gave the speed it should which is around 15Mbps. Its also fine on mobile but its limited on windows for some reason. I reinstalled its drivers tried using ipconfig /flushdns with no luck at all did a full computer scan with windows defender and no malware or virus found. Anyone got a suggestion?

:)

Kiyani123, Aug 4, 2019

2. Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Aug 4, 2019
  3. ReubenFaleiro, Aug 4, 2019
  4. Windows 10 home version 1903 wifi download speed capped.

Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

Hi roblinb

Not listed in the Known.

Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

As far as Wifi any chance it is Qualcom inside USB adapter, if Qualcom then yes known issue.

I might create another user (Local) and when if try again see if this issue occurs on both users.

Would also suggest you run the first 5 steps in this tutorial to see if you have any corruption with current build.

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Ken

Caledon Ken, Aug 4, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 home version 1903 wifi download speed capped.

1. Windows 10 home version 1903 wifi download speed capped. - Similar Threads - home version 1903

2. Download speed got capped somehow.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Download speed got capped somehow.: That's what I get when I test the speed, but whenever I download anything from anywhere the speed is stuck at 1.4MB. My computer isn't new. This was never an issue. It happened suddenly.Plus the weirdest thing is speed tests actually tells me that my internet is fine!Please...
  3. Download speed capped?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Download speed capped?: I've used tron script yesterday and my download speed seems to be somehow capped, but in unusual way. So the speedtest shows my actual download and upload speed (70/70) but either steam and rockstar launcher,(or in fact any other app)are capped at 7mbps. Sometimes it doubles...
  4. WiFi Card has capped speeds?

WiFi Card has capped speeds?: So I have a Qualcomm Atheros 9462 and I don't know why but if I were to open task manager, whenever I'm downloading anything, it just seems to cap out at 7 to 8 Mbps even though running a speedtest shows im getting around 20 to 30 Mbps conenction speeds. Is this normal or is...
  5. Wifi Speed Throttled/Reduced/Capped

Wifi Speed Throttled/Reduced/Capped: Recently I noticed my 3-month old laptop is experiencing poor wifi speed. I have done all I know to debug, but nothing worked. Here is the symptom: 1. The wifi speed dropped from 50+Mbs to 8.5Mbs at home. All other devices at home are getting at least 25Mbs. 2. When...
  6. Windows 10 capping wifi download speeds?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 capping wifi download speeds?: is it possible windows 10 is capping my downloads speed? im only getting 90Mbps when i should be getting 300Mbps its not an issue with my PC as ive now tried 3 different network cards and its still the same issue submitted by /u/gezzamondo [link] [comments]...
  7. Windows 10 1903 Update Capped my Internet Speed

Windows 10 1903 Update Capped my Internet Speed: Prior to the update to 1903, I have Spectrum Internet and pay for there 400 Mbps connection. Prior to the update to 1903 i would get 350+ Mbps threw fast.com and speedtest, Now after the update it seems the internet test is capped at 150-160 Mbps which is half of what im...
  8. Windows 10 home version 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 home version 1903: Can anyone offer any advice with two issues I'm having with Windows 10. Firstly after an update a few weeks ago my wired mouse continually freezes so have to turn off the PC to get it going again (unplugging and plugging back in does nothing) Secondly after an update of...
  9. Windows 10 Home version 1903

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home version 1903: Acer 5732Z today 240619 my computer. had problem loading up. Then Microsoft Automatic Repair function cut in an after 10 minutes everything came back on line. I can only guess something in start up process was rectified it was not a major change involved I guess. However I...
  10. windows 10 home version 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 home version 1903: I have an HP scan, fax copy machine. I use to be able to scan to live mail on my dell desktop computer running windows 10 version 1803 home edition but no longer as I get an error message that stats "cannot locate the email client". Something happened! I can still scan to a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows internet capped fix

2. windows 10 download 4.5mbps

3. windows 10 can only get 37mb on speed