Windows 10: windows 10 how can i change the language used for menus and dialog box

Discus and support windows 10 how can i change the language used for menus and dialog box in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since the windows 10 update : Half of the menus and dialog boxes are in English and half in Dutch I would like them ALL in English I have set the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tayac21, Oct 21, 2016.

1. tayac21 Win User

windows 10 how can i change the language used for menus and dialog box

Since the windows 10 update : Half of the menus and dialog boxes are in English and half in Dutch
    I would like them ALL in English
    I have set the region and language to English
    No extra languages chosen

where can I fix this ?

:)

tayac21, Oct 21, 2016

2. window display language unavailable

Hello,

You can change the language Windows uses to display text in wizards, dialog boxes, menus, and other items in the user interface. Some display languages are installed by default, others require you to install additional language files.

For Windows 10, language packs and LIPs are also available to download from Windows Update. You can add additional languages by using the Control panel. This process requires internet access and access to Windows Update.

Download and install additional languages for Windows 10 to view menus, dialog boxes, and other user interface items in your preferred language using the
    Language Control Panel.

Reference: Language Interface Packs for
    Windows 10

Please post to us with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 21, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Home Single Language - Mismatch

Hello,

I understand the inconvenience you are facing regarding language in Windows. We will help you.

You can change the language Windows uses to display text in wizards, dialog boxes, menus, and other items in the user interface. Some display languages are installed by default, others require you to install additional language files.

For Windows 10, language packs and LIPs are also available to download from Windows Update. You can add additional languages by using the Control panel. This process requires internet access and access to Windows Update.

Download and install additional languages for Windows 10 to view menus, dialog boxes, and other user interface items in your preferred language using the
    Language Control Panel.

Reference: Language Interface Packs for
    Windows 10

Note: If this doesn't work you may have to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for getting the full use of Languages.

Hope this information helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 21, 2016
  4. windows 10 how can i change the language used for menus and dialog box

cottonball, Oct 21, 2016
  5. tayac21 Win User
    Tried all that - no luck
    It's the dialog text that is coming up in Dutch - I am British but live in Holland.
    The texts were OK before the most recent update......

Example - i go to save a picture from facebook - it say opslaan instead of save
    Same happens in Picassa

tayac21, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

windows 10 how can i change the language used for menus and dialog box

1. windows 10 how can i change the language used for menus and dialog box - Similar Threads - change language used

2. Dialog box font changed Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dialog box font changed Windows 11: The default system font is normal/legible and I have no problem with it as of now. The dialog boxes however show some funky font and I don't know what I have done for it to happen. I have tried looking for similar issues and fixes to rectify it but nothing works. The text...
  3. Dialog box font changed Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dialog box font changed Windows 11: The default system font is normal/legible and I have no problem with it as of now. The dialog boxes however show some funky font and I don't know what I have done for it to happen. I have tried looking for similar issues and fixes to rectify it but nothing works. The text...
  4. How can I set the background color of dialog boxes?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I set the background color of dialog boxes?: I want to change the pale green background color of dialog boxes also used by some applications to a better, more harmonious light brown. The color, RGB: 238 255 238 discovered via Paint, 'Edit colors', is very, very close. However, none of the colors below come close, so I...
  5. HOW CAN I CHANGE WINDOWS LANGUAGE

HOW CAN I CHANGE WINDOWS LANGUAGE: THANKS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-windows-language/ed6f9857-50ce-4b3a-ba2e-367391406149
  6. How to change the font line spacing, or dialog box size?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change the font line spacing, or dialog box size?: The dialog box exceeds the screen. The reason is that the spacing is too large. How can I adjust them? [img] [img] [img] 156465
  7. How can I change the display language in Windows 10?

How can I change the display language in Windows 10?: I've tried all the methods that I could find online and none were helpful. There is no language setting in the control panel and there is no "Set as my default language" button. So how can I change the display language?...
  8. Dialog Box still display in other language after changed system lang

in Windows 10 Support
    Dialog Box still display in other language after changed system lang: Hello, I have attempted to change the language of my windows 10 professional desktop to French. Seems not all of the operating system is in French. For instance when I go to control panel>system>system>advanced settings, the dialog box is still in English. Any help with...
  9. How can I remove icons in the Save As dialog box?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I remove icons in the Save As dialog box?: Hi, I would like to get rid of some icons (marked in red in image below) in the Save As dialog box. Is it possible, and if so, does anyone know how it can be done? Note, I have already gotten rid of these in the Navigation Pane. For info, F & H on the image below are...
  10. Strange font in certain menus and dialog boxes

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange font in certain menus and dialog boxes: In my Windows 10, some messages and command buttons are in a font different from the system default font after the anniversary upgrade is applied. In the screenshots below, you can see that the toolbar area has the usual system font (Segoe UI), but some of the contents, like...