Windows 10: Windows 10 Insider Settings Inadvertently Shifting to Release Preview

Discus and support Windows 10 Insider Settings Inadvertently Shifting to Release Preview in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Hello Windows Insiders! Some of you may have discovered today that your Windows Insider ring settings may have changed from either the Slow or Fast... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

Windows 10 Insider Settings Inadvertently Shifting to Release Preview

Source: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...3-959cfeac6874

Change Windows 10 Insider Program Ring Level

:)

Brink, Dec 11, 2019

2. Get a Windows 10 licence for free if you register on Windows Insider

from Gabe Aul today : http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwi...changes-to-windows-10-insider-preview-builds/

well from the sounds of it, anyone who UPGRADED to windows 10 Preview wont have to do anything as it already has your Serial win 7/8.1 key logged.

The crux of it is this:

• Do you want to continue as a Windows Insider and keep getting preview builds after 7/29?
    • Or do you want to upgrade your Genuine Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 system that has been getting Windows 10 Insider Preview builds to the 7/29 release and stop being an Insider?
    “I want to continue as a Windows Insider!” If you want to continue as a Windows Insider past 7/29 there is nothing you need to do. You’re already opted in and receiving builds in the Fast or Slow ring depending upon your selection. This is prerelease software and is activated with a prerelease key. Each individual build will expire after a time, but you’ll continue to receive new builds so by the time an older prerelease build expires you’ll have received a new one. Since we’re continuing the Windows Insider Program you’ll be able to continue receiving builds and those builds will continue to be activated under the terms of the Windows Insider Program. We provide ISOs for these builds for recovery from any significant problems, but they are still pre-release software. As part of the program we’ll upgrade Insiders to what is for all intents and purposes the same build as what other customers will get on 7/29, but that will be just another build for Insiders, and those who stay in the program will simply get the next build after as well.

“I want to opt out of the Windows Insider Program on 7/29.” If you decide to opt-out of the program and upgrade to the 7/29 build you will be subject to exactly the same terms and conditions that govern the offer* that was extended to all Genuine Windows 7 and 8.1 customers. This is not a path to attain a license for Windows XP or Windows Vista systems. If your system upgraded from a Genuine Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 license it will remain activated, but if not, you will be required to roll back to your previous OS version or acquire a new Windows 10 license. If you do not roll back or acquire a new license the build will eventually expire.

It is our hope that the vast majority of Windows Insiders who have been with us since we announced the program last year will continue forward, and it was in that light that we authored the blog post about upcoming changes to the program. I regret that this caused confusion about who was or was not eligible for the Windows 10 upgrade offer, but hope that this helps to clarify.

Thanks,
    g

AlienIsGOD, Dec 11, 2019
  3. AsRock Win User
    Get a Windows 10 licence for free if you register on Windows Insider

Wow, sounds like those who are bandwidth limited could be screwed, or find a internet cafe or library to get the needed ISO.

AsRock, Dec 11, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Insider Settings Inadvertently Shifting to Release Preview

TechGuy_82, Dec 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Insider Settings Inadvertently Shifting to Release Preview

1. Windows 10 Insider Settings Inadvertently Shifting to Release Preview - Similar Threads - Insider Settings Inadvertently

2. How to stop getting Insider Preview releases?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop getting Insider Preview releases?: Hi.I have used the Insider Preview channel because of some WSL features. After some time i was stuck at the last W10 Insider Preview as upgrading to W11 failed due to missing TPM.So now i upgraded my BIOS to support TPM and done an update to Windows 11 via USB drive from...
  3. How to stop getting Insider Preview releases?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop getting Insider Preview releases?: Hi.I have used the Insider Preview channel because of some WSL features. After some time i was stuck at the last W10 Insider Preview as upgrading to W11 failed due to missing TPM.So now i upgraded my BIOS to support TPM and done an update to Windows 11 via USB drive from...
  4. About Windows Insider Program - Release Preview Channel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About Windows Insider Program - Release Preview Channel: Would it be safe to join Release Preview Channel and install from there Windows 11? Or would it be a big risk and it would be recommended to stay on the normal versions and not join the Release Preview Channel and wait for the normal upgrade to come? I need an advice if it...
  5. About Windows Insider Program - Release Preview Channel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About Windows Insider Program - Release Preview Channel: Would it be safe to join Release Preview Channel and install from there Windows 11? Or would it be a big risk and it would be recommended to stay on the normal versions and not join the Release Preview Channel and wait for the normal upgrade to come? I need an advice if it...
  6. Insider Program Preview Release Level

in Windows 10 Customization
    Insider Program Preview Release Level: Does the Preview Release level allow for any feedback / error reporting or is it simply a preview of the finished product that's already cast in stone? My reason for asking is that I seem to be looking for a level that would fall between the Beta level which arrives too...
  7. unable to update Windows Insider Program Preview release

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unable to update Windows Insider Program Preview release: Hi, unable to update Windows Insider Program Preview release as its a Windows 10 Professional for Workstations Insider Preview Evaluation copy. Build 20161.rs_prerelease.200627-1754 shows intimation to upgrade before 31/07/2020 but unable to do so , tried taking help from...
  8. Microsoft releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19041.84 to WSUS

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19041.84 to WSUS: Hello Windows Insiders, we have released 20H1 Build 19041.84 via WSUS that contains the latest security fixes for organizations to prepare for releasing Windows 10 version 2004 in their organizations. This release will replace the existing content in Windows Pre-Release if...
  9. Windows 10 Can't activate Insider Preview in settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Can't activate Insider Preview in settings: When I go to Settings and in the Insider Preview Program I click Get Started, message pops up saying "We can't reach our servers right now. Try again later." I tried restarting PC, but to no avail. Any help appreciated....
  10. KB4100375 Windows 10 Insider Release Preview Build 17133.73 - Apr.10

in Windows 10 News
    KB4100375 Windows 10 Insider Release Preview Build 17133.73 - Apr.10: UPDATE 4/20: Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast/Slow/RP Build 17134 - April 20 Insider - Windows 10 Forums Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] UPDATE 4/10: We have released KB4100375 (OS Build 17133.73) to Windows Insiders running Build 17133 in the Fast, Slow,...